Logic Alchemy / iPad Alchemy Mobile - different names of patches?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was so happy with the thought that after getting a Mac plus Logic, I could easily continue my ideas generated with Alchemy Mobile on the Mac.

But: By Name I could not find most of the sound patches in the Logic version :o
Example project 1: 3 Sounds I did not find
- Lazybeat 3 (Mobile Category Drum Loops)
- 5th Bass (Mobile Category Loops)
- Organics (Mobile Category Organs)
- Cascade (Mobile Category Loops)

Example project 2: 3 Sounds I did not find
- 7th Saw (Mobile Category Loops)
- Deep Purple (Mobile Category Leads)

I tried searching "manually" - but WOW - we're talking about more than 3000 patches.
For example "Deep Purple" is a guitar based Lead Sound, shouldn't that come up in the List of "Guitars" on the Mac.

Any hints on how to succeed? Or you probably did your search already and know the names in the Mac version?

tele
Listen to me at soundcklick:
www.soundclick.com/wewritesongs

Well, seems I don't find the sounds :cry:

BUT: Let's try to see this as an advantage: This forces me to create new ideas :hihi:

And for the ones that I really need for a song idea: Guess I gotta expoert them from the iPad.
Anyway, if you happen to find one of these sounds, please let me know.

tele

Another idea for the topic: Does the Current Alchemy/Logic Version Load "old" Patches from the before-Apple era?
If that is the case I could try and find someone to sell me his old Alchemy and just import the patches I am longing for.

tele

I don't have a Mac, but I do use the old Alchemy Desktop on Windows. I thought I remember reading when the new Logic Alchemy was first released that it contained many of the sounds from the original (including the extra libraries) but they had different names. Also, not every sound may have been ported.

Regarding importing iPad sounds to desktop, this can't really be done easily. The file format is missing a lot of the info from the desktop files. It also has missing data for tying the sound file to my version of Alchemy. I did eventually import a file but it sounded nothing like the ipad version nor the equivalent version I already owned on Desktop. It was actually a case where I really like the iPad version and the Desktop version sounded quite different and I was hoping to get the iPad sound on desktop. In any case, I still think you should try it and see if it works.

I thought Logic/Alchemy can import the old Alchemy libraries.

telebunke wrote:Another idea for the topic: Does the Current Alchemy/Logic Version Load "old" Patches from the before-Apple era?
If that is the case I could try and find someone to sell me his old Alchemy and just import the patches I am longing for.

tele
Yes it does, they appear when the browser is set to “Legacy Mode“, some modulation assignments are not translating though and sound wrong as so many parameters were added in the new version but mostly the old patches sound perfectly fine in Alchemy 2.

iPlogger wrote: Regarding importing iPad sounds to desktop, this can't really be done easily. The file format is missing a lot of the info from the desktop files.
Well, I guess I did not state exactly enough, that I was just thinking about exporting the 4 to 8 bars patterns that I recorded within Alchemy mobile. That of course is possible. But your so inflexible, when it comes to the details of the arranging.
But better that than nothing.
tele

Ah, yes. That can be done easily and is a great feature. I was really happy when they added that feature. Export through Dropbox. I've imported the MIDI files into my DAW and set them to their Alchemy Desktop sounds. I've also imported MIDI files into Notion (iPad notation software).

iPlogger wrote: I've imported the MIDI files into my DAW and set them to their Alchemy Desktop sounds.
Could you take a look, whether your Alcemy desktop sounds include some of my favorite mobile patches?
- Lazybeat 3 (Mobile Category Drum Loops)
- 5th Bass (Mobile Category Loops)
- Organics (Mobile Category Organs)
- Cascade (Mobile Category Loops)
- 7th Saw (Mobile Category Loops)
- Deep Purple (Mobile Category Leads)

tele

Here is what I found.

5th bass is from Electronic library, author Summa
Organics from Factory, author Chris Sciurba
Cascade from Factory, author Jim Hunter
7th Saw from Factory, author Junkie XL
Deep Purple from Factory, author Bryan Lee

In case you can search by sound designer, I added that.

I think the drum loops in Alchemy Mobile are unique to Mobile.

Cool, thank you very much.
So, the favorite patches are actually there.
Now I just need to find someone, who wants to get rid of it. :hyper:

If I see it right in the KVR database, the last version of the before-Apple era was 1.55? Is that correct?

Sorry, for al these questions. But now, it occurs to me that I don't really know if it is possible to install the sounds, even if I found someone to sell them.
What about license, registering? I think I have read that there was a final version after selling Camel to Apple that would work withozt registering. Is that right?

Correct. I believe 1.55 was the last available version. No problem with the questions. I was a big fan of Alchemy Desktop/Mobile and continue to use it (I'm on Windows).

I don't know how someone would sell Desktop now. I think they got rid of the user details from the registration, but I am still unsure if key files are required and if the libraries are tied to your specific version of Alchemy Desktop. I knew I wanted to keep Alchemy Desktop and didn't have plans to sell it (plus I have some NFR libraries), so I didn't really follow that part of the discussions too closely.

Do you happen to have Alchemy Mobile Pro? You can try using the Dropbox Export feature.
1) Set a track to your favorite sound.
2) Click on the Library sound dropdown menu and select User->Edit copy of current preset (this is a Pro feature).
3) You are now in the editor. Just name and save the file.
4) Export to Dropbox.
5) Look for your project in your Dropbox Apps/Alchemy Mobile directory.
6) Under this directory is 'Factory Variations' which contains the sound files for any edited sounds.
7) Copy this file to your Mac and try to import into Logic Alchemy.

NOTE: You should see .acp and maybe some .aaz files. Maybe even others. If it doesn't work the first time, you may need to do some file editing. It's possible the ACP file refers to samples. The location on Alchemy Mobile may be different from your Logic Alchemy, so you will need to edit these locations in the ACP file. You may need to move those AAZ files, it all depends. There is going to be a TON of missing parameters so it may not sound the same. It sill may not import into Logic Alchemy, but it's worth a try. It may require a bunch of trial and error.

Wow, this is a very deeeeep answer, thank you very much.

You're welcome. Hope it helps. Alchemy Mobile was my favorite iPad synth which is why I ended up getting the Desktop version (it was my first VST before I was even using my computer for music). Let me know if you are able to do a successful import.

Last year when deciding to upgrade my iPad4 or seven year old laptop, I was thinking maybe a Mac specifically because it had the new Alchemy. I ended up getting a Microsoft Surface Pro and am very happy with the decision.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”