Free CA-2A from Cakewalk

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
CA-2A T-Type Leveling Amplifier

e@rs wrote:Wish they release an update to make it sound great on drums too...
The question is, will it still sound good on vocals then? :?

MogwaiBoy wrote:I hope you are all giving the CA-2A some time to warm up before making any judgements.
I so want some dev to model that into their plugs; the sound gets progressively better the longer you leave it. Kind of a zen thing. And would annoy so many people. :hihi:

GaryG wrote:
MogwaiBoy wrote:I hope you are all giving the CA-2A some time to warm up before making any judgements.
I so want some dev to model that into their plugs; the sound gets progressively better the longer you leave it. Kind of a zen thing. And would annoy so many people. :hihi:
These guys did

http://www.lsraudio.com
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Noisy pots would be a nice touch, too, not to mention loose connectors with intermittent dropouts, rack rash, scratches on the top of the plugin from re-racking it (gets worse the more instances you use), cracked covers over the VU meters from slamming your fist against it during a dropout, etc. Geez, why can't somebody make an authentic emulation of unreliable vintage hardware?! :-x
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

I hope that you guys were good children and something fun showed up in your props account today (for reason users only, of course).

cryophonik wrote:Noisy pots would be a nice touch, too, not to mention loose connectors with intermittent dropouts, rack rash, scratches on the top of the plugin from re-racking it (gets worse the more instances you use), cracked covers over the VU meters from slamming your fist against it during a dropout, etc. Geez, why can't somebody make an authentic emulation of unreliable vintage hardware?! :-x
Plus weak grounding and leaky, spent capacitors with the possibility of electrocution for added authenticity :D

^ :lol:

Then you could charge for yearly virtual PAT testing, genius !!!
Amazon: why not use an alternative

ghettosynth wrote:I hope that you guys were good children and something fun showed up in your props account today (for reason users only, of course).
Could you tell us more?

Nothing new in my props account, maybe Ive not been a good children.

Of course, fairly recently a very cool developer gave me opposing RE versions
of all the VST's of theirs I owned for free. It can happen, if you have
an inquiring mind :wink:

Maybe that counted against me...

Fleer wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:I hope that you guys were good children and something fun showed up in your props account today (for reason users only, of course).
Could you tell us more?
I assumed that you guys knew? If you put Reason as your DAW, Cakewalk cued up a free copy of the RE-2A for you.

Ahh, seems that wont work for those who already had a Cakewalk account.
Looks like you can make another if your really want, but I didn't bother...

-Cheers

pekbro wrote:Ahh, seems that wont work for those who already had a Cakewalk account.
Looks like you can make another if your really want, but I didn't bother...

-Cheers

The email address of your cakewalk account has to match the email address of your props account as well.

Oh well, no soap then...

Thanks guys, off to try ...

Return to “Effects”