iZotope Neutrino - Spectral Shaping

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Neutrino

mementus wrote:Why don't iZops's dev guys jump in and tell us more? (:
https://www.izotope.com/en/community/bl ... aping.html

After a couple of months I never reached Neutrino on a mix. I simply forget I got it in the rig.
Does anyone have inspiring stories on its use of in a mix?

Tell me! :borg:

mementus wrote:After a couple of months I never reached Neutrino on a mix. I simply forget I got it in the rig.
Does anyone have inspiring stories on its use of in a mix?

Tell me! :borg:
Nope. I think it seriously sucks :D (and I'm otherwise a big fan of Neutron as a channelstrip minus all the bells and whistles).

reading the neutrino spectral-shaping

I'm not sure but i think Plugin-alliance's ProAudioDSP DSM V2

does that its kinda like a Match-EQ but instead of EQ shapes

you monitor the best bit of a song into to it. then click done

and then the plugin sets out complicated Match EQ-ish bands but for Compression

si that the same thing ?
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

The way you wrote it, it sounds like the same thing. Whatever sound you feed into Neutrino, the frequency spectrum gets split into 32 bands (hence spectral) and each band is lightly compressed (shaping) using iZotope's algorithm. When it works well, it seems to add a kind of sheen to the sound. It's subtle and I wouldn't say it works well on everything you might throw at it, but when it does work it's a nice effect. Does that sound like DSM V2?

This sounds a lot like Voxengo's Soniformer. I haven't tried Neutrino yet but if your description is accurate, it sounds very similar.

You can read iZotope's description of the process here:
https://www.izotope.com/en/community/bl ... al-shaping

i just tried it out and i cannot really find it useful? with what plugins could it be comparable?

did you have any luck and get some usefulness out of it?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

It was iZotope's little pre-Neutron teaser - which was a bit of a non-event because it hardly did anything and didn't excactly get you mega excited for Neutron.

Turned out Neutron is utterly fantastic though...

thx a lot, ok then imma uninstall it ;)
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

So does anybody use this thing or has anybody even figured out wtf it's doing? I feel like it's hardly worth looking thru my plugin folder to find to even put it on a track. I figured Id go back and look at it because Neutron uses it in the output stage, and again, I'm not sure what it's even doing.

Return to “Effects”