Archive of V-Synth and other Roland synth patches

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not as far as I know but I've never needed it - always found the inbuilt patch management and ability to mount it as a HD adequate. I've read the PC librarian programme works on Macs using Wine Bottler though.

Holy S**t that's absolutely amazing! I recently bought a V-Synth so this is a dream come true for sure!
Thank you! :D :tu:

I suppose the factory patches stay intact when loading these?

Jace-BeOS wrote:Agreed. I acquired a few project files from there. But I guess that's the thing: the V-Synth works with project files, not individual patches. There isn't a librarian program that works on modern Mac OS systems, is there?
There isn't one for ANY OS, AFAIK. That's what disappointed me. To the point that I basically abandoned V-Synth. I was planning to program it (I like to program my own sounds) but I can't stand program it from the front panel. Since the 1980s that I program synths from editor/librarians inside the computer. Only for a short period did I program them from the front panel. If I knew in advance (my fault - I should have known) that V-Synth didn't have one I wouldn't have bought it.
Fernando (FMR)

I find the front panel to be quite easy to work with in designing sounds (unless the humidity has made the touch display nonfunctional, but that happens more often on my Korg M3m, which luckily DOES have an editor program).

My complaint isn't about editing. It's about sharing/auditioning individual patches to/from the Internet. The file model for the V-Synth patches is to load/save monolithic banks ("projects"), rather than patches. This is due to samples living in the project files, but even analog modeled patches live in projects and can't be easily moved between them.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Yeah but it's dead easy to edit a .prg in the computer as it's just a folder with a prg extension, inside it is a subfolder for Waves and another for the Patches and that's all it needs. So as long as you make sure patches are numbered correctly and you have included the right samples it's possible to move patches into new projects. If you are in doubt about the samples used err on the side of including everything you think might be being referenced then use the 'clean' programme option in the V-Synth file menu to tidy it up and delete what isn't used. I did that with the patches posted above, they were tagged onto my main factory patches but I wanted them in one bank so just copy pasted them, added the samples and ran clean.

Then again for Windows there is a librarian app too that presumably makes it even simpler - that can also work on Macs using Wine (apparently).

aMUSEd wrote: Then again for Windows there is a librarian app too that presumably makes it even simpler - that can also work on Macs using Wine (apparently).
What is that, and where can I find it?
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
aMUSEd wrote: Then again for Windows there is a librarian app too that presumably makes it even simpler - that can also work on Macs using Wine (apparently).
Where everything else is from Roland for V-Synth:

https://www.roland.com/global/products/ ... downloads/

aMUSEd wrote:
fmr wrote:
Where everything else is from Roland for V-Synth:

https://www.roland.com/global/products/ ... downloads/
Thanks. Somehow, I never found that page before, just a generic page where I downloaded the drivers from, that has basically all the Roland stuff. :tu:
Fernando (FMR)

aMUSEd wrote:2 ways:

1) connect via USB with the V-Synth in disk mode which makes the V-Synth appear as a hard drive - then copy them over or load them via the disk menu (but if you want to copy you will be limited by the V-Synth memory)
I have some issues with this way. I'm in storage mode and the V-Synth drive shows up on my computer, but when trying to choose it on the actual synth, nothing happens on the synth display - I'm supposed to choose "internal" but nothing happens when I press the "button"
I'm using this tutorial: http://www.rolandclan.com/media/17/V-Sy ... l#section5
Also, where on the drive does the new patch folder go? On it's on or or inside another folder?

I feel really dumb here :lol:

Hi everyone.

Site seems down atm.

Anyone know if this is permanent?

Ta
Squelch.... It makes me happy!
http://electronicaz.bandcamp.com/

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”