Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

[quote="msvs"]Hi

please take a look at video #1: OSC Section ;)[/quote]

Thanks. I was thinking more of user sample import. I didnt notice any mention of that, perhaps i missed it.

I will show the multisample convert/import in a seperate video

[quote="msvs"]I will show the multisample convert/import in a seperate video[/quote]

Thats what I was after. Thanks

Is it me or the envelopes, flexibility etc are close to sytrus?

Do you plan to add more types of filters in future updates more wired ones cus to be honest a simple comb filter wont make a lot of difference than the other synths, i really think filters are so importan when it comes to the actual sound and the characteristic that the synth would play, you can really identify a synth by the way his filters sound .

Ps. a future Graphic for each filter would be graet a mean you show the shapers filter why not show the actual filter

we have 47 Filter types, I think thats enough for the release :)
of course there will be more in future updates

*cough* amorphingfilterwouldbeniceforfutureupdates *cough* :oops: :)

what should this "morphinfilter" do exactly?

How much latency does Avenger have (because of the multiband limiter and so on) and is its internal processing limited to a specific sample rate (for example your competitor Rapid is limited to 44100Hz. What does happen if one loads a 96kHz Sample into Avenger? Will it be converted so something low cpu processing friendly?)?

In your description you wrote up to 8 pitch envelopes, but in a video you said it would be just 6. What's the truth? If it would be only 6 then this would not make sense to me since there are 8 osc :D

msvs wrote:what should this "morphinfilter" do exactly?
Probly a filter that morphs between, say, LP and BP behaviour.

Btw in the videos, the synth has this high-end, neutral sound that I really like.

I think z-plane emu filters is generally what it refers to. Those that make pads swooshy, basses woooooshy and hardcore hoovers spooshy ^_^ :)
That said, i haven't checked what filters are currently included in AVENGER!
:hug:

n your description you wrote up to 8 pitch envelopes, but in a video you said it would be just 6.
this was a bug, its already fixed. Now it are 8, so you will get really 8 in the release version
How much latency does Avenger have (because of the multiband limiter and so on)
if you do not use comp or limiter in the effect chain, then none. If you have, Avenger compensates the lookahead latency internally (same phases when using different busses etc). Externally it will be compensated by your host.

What does happen if one loads a 96kHz Sample into Avenger?
It accepts any format

...a filter that morphs between different filter types like it has been mentioned. In a simple form it could be a morphing betwen LP, BP, HP & BR like it has been implemented, e.g. in Live's filters lately. Or it could be a bit more complex like in Uhe's Filterscape, where you can morph between eight snapshots of a 4-band eq.

EMU introduced the morphing filter concept in 1993 with the morpheus and these had been included in (I think) every of their products since then. Based on this concept it has a ridiculous amount of "filter types" and in my opinion most of them aren't that great (in the early days of romplers with limited sample rom it was quite a clever solution for having a wider timbral palette for the same samples), but some of them have an interesting character and they're extremely popular (up to a mystical level) in the DnB scene. Recently, I think there has been some interest in possibly recreating them as a plug-in, since EMU's patents might be expiring (not sure about that). There has been a discussion between Andrew Simper (Cytomics) and some DnB legends about this on gearslutz.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electro ... sound.html

http://www.vintagesynth.com/emu/morpheus.php

http://www.synthmania.com/morpheus.htm

https://www.amazona.de/test-emu-eivxt-u ... 0-e-synth/

loachm wrote:EMU introduced the morphing filter concept in 1993 with the morpheus and these had been included in (I think) every of their products since then.
The real z-plane filter were only part of the E-MU Morpheus (198 filter) and Ultraproteus (298 filter).
All the following E-MU synths / samplers had only a few of them.

Z-Plane filters were a real magic... however I think most of them can be approximated quite well in Avenger, e.g. by modulating EQ parameters with combination of filters.

tripleflows wrote:The real z-plane filter were only part of the E-MU Morpheus (198 filter) and Ultraproteus (298 filter).
All the following E-MU synths / samplers had only a few of them.
...yup, that's why I wrote "I think"... :)
tripleflows wrote:Z-Plane filters were a real magic... however I think most of them can be approximated quite well in Avenger, e.g. by modulating EQ parameters with combination of filters.
...true - you can approximate one eq/filter curve (or morph frame - to stay in EMU terms :)), but when it comes to modulating between serveral of them, setting up dedicated modulators and modulation ranges for each band/gain/q will become very annoying quite quickly. And I guess, Avenger doesn't have filters (yet), that allow you to seamlessly blend/morph between regular filter types. That's why I mentioned Filterscape, which allows quite a convenient way of experimenting with all kinds of things in the frequency spectrum. And since Avenger seems to have vowel filters (I think :)), the basic technology for developing the filter further into what I suggested seems to be already there...

Return to “Instruments”