That's really too much now

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

last night I got a call from my hairdresser, whom I look after her IT needs. Their receipt printer stopped working on Tuesday, and in her words "it looked different". Of course, she'd copped the Anniversary update which apart from totally uninstalling her printer, stopped backups running and of course changed the default PDF viewer to Edge, which appears to have a bug as it was only displaying part of her invoices. Reset it back to Adobe Acrobat and worked. Reinstalled the printer. Reinstigated backups. Scored a free haircut.
So how many people must be needing to either pay to get things fixed courtesy of this "update" or have to call on family/friends/neighbourhood geek.
I'm all for updating, but at least build some checks and balances into the system to say "this may not work afterwards" - akin to the original Windows 10 upgrade compatibility checker...
Don't Tech No for an Answer

Microsoft - victim of hubris. Totally lost the plot.

Ayorinde wrote:Microsoft - victim of hubris. Totally lost the plot.
They never had one.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

emcee wrote:last night I got a call from my hairdresser, whom I look after her IT needs. Their receipt printer stopped working on Tuesday, and in her words "it looked different". Of course, she'd copped the Anniversary update which apart from totally uninstalling her printer, stopped backups running and of course changed the default PDF viewer to Edge, which appears to have a bug as it was only displaying part of her invoices. Reset it back to Adobe Acrobat and worked. Reinstalled the printer. Reinstigated backups. Scored a free haircut.
So how many people must be needing to either pay to get things fixed courtesy of this "update" or have to call on family/friends/neighbourhood geek.
I'm all for updating, but at least build some checks and balances into the system to say "this may not work afterwards" - akin to the original Windows 10 upgrade compatibility checker...
Nice example of the barter economy, too. :violin:

Whooo hooo, where there squirrels?

:?:
awwyeeeeeeeeah.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ahaha nice to see others struggle too with that M$ Win10 shit.
I got fooled with the "get win10 for free, but only until end of the month" .. but the only thing I got for free was a whole bunch of problems -.- I was used to that from previos upgrades, but what's new to windows 10, is that they deliver new problems (4free ofc) every month and you cannot even stop them from doing it ..

I read there's another "feature" release coming Jan/Feb.

Here you go

http://www.theverge.com/2016/10/28/1345 ... e-features

Interesting to read about Groove Music Maker.. Microsofts spin on GarageBand??

Jace-BeOS wrote:They never had one.
MicroSoft had a plot until Vista got released, since then they have been wandering in the wilderness for the most part

Well well, of course they have a plot. Otherwise they wouldn't have completely redesigned Windows 10. It's always easy to sit down on the coach as a consumer of course, munch popcorn, and judge about the stupid people in the industry, who need to always serve my never sated desires for the new and shiny.

Win10 is awful. You always pay for it.

No, not awful, just ridiculous that you HAVE to have it.

Very different.

backed up 7 upgraded to 10 fallowed by fresh install, ran it a few months and went back to 7. Well I can always go back if MS ever manages to unf%$k it up, but I'm not holding my breath.
A minor scale is a major scale starting 3 half steps down from the major and visa versa. Any Chord has as many versions as it has notes.

If you have the Anniversary update and you're running 10 Pro or Enterprise, you can now defer "feature" updates for four months. Meaning you'll still get patches and security fixes, but anything that's mostly cosmetic won't be rolled out when the general public get it. Meaning, by the time you get it, it'll have been patched several times with the bugs that poor old Joe Public identify..
So there's some solace..

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”