Looking for the guitar amp simulator with the cleanest possible sound

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kinwie wrote:
anti_phase wrote:
kinwie wrote:Clean like what?
Like Marty Friedman's "Scenes" tone?
Yes! Never heard of Marty unless in Megadeth, but that`s a very good tone.
Well, if that kind of "glassy clean tone' that you trying to get, as i recall it's a DI type sound. He recorded directly to mixer. And he was using a "strat-like" Fernandes guitar, so it's a single-coil pickup tone.

Clean tone thru an amp will sound differently.
Thanks! As I said I have single coil in neck position on my custom Telecaster, so I`ll try it :)
Also I remember Cemetery Gates - Pantera has a nice clean tone. But I think he used acoustic guitar

check your pickups too and make sure they're not to 'bitey' (budget strat-types) or distorted (some ibanez 'metal' guitars, for instance. you want a nice, clean pickup to get a clean sound.

I don`t think I need to check them. I know how they sound with real amps. Unfortunately I don`t have any of them now, however I rarely miss them. I guess I got used to computer too much)

anti_phase wrote:I guess I got used to computer too much)
I'm pretty sure now a lot of guitar players who prefer and need simplicity use computer too.
To my ears, today's technology really can replace a real amp with software amp in many cases.

For example, lot of friends keep guessing the amp i use here, but it all software and only two plugins involved :
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4&t=470063

So, don't worry bro!

No problem! I already don`t worry :P Actually when I started guitar recording in 2010, I couldn`t find any decent hi-gain guitar amps (free or not) that could satisfy me. I used Guitar Rig mostly but didn`t like it too much, so that later I used a preamp pedal, but then I found amp sims I really liked and never used any hardware for recording :D

EZ Mix 2 amp sims are pretty good

S-gear has some nice clean tones

EMG single coil pickups. That will clean things up. SGear the Duke, Fender. Vermillion by Kuassa. Default amp in A4/A3. Jazz or white amp in GR5.

Regarding GR5 one must punt out the reverbs that are older there to insert Reflektor and impulses for better tone. Remove cabs most of the time and insert WOS3 at end of chain. Very useful sounds occur.

jens wrote:The cleanest might be Waves GTR - in fact it has even several great sounding & super clean amps...
Yeah I like this one.

Then there is the bx_bassdude & bx_rockrack. Like the GTR they have some really nice clean tones great for funk & jazz in my opinion. With some new additions with v3 of rockrack.

Funny thing with the BassMan is that, obviously, it was first created for bass all those years back. It does a pretty decent job at it too. Somehow it caught on amoungst the jazz guitarists because of its nice, clean sounding, full tone. This is as I understand it anyway.

Anyway, this has inspired me to try out other bass amps when serching for a full range sound. I've not yet tried it, but I know it will rely heavily on how full range the cab is too.

Just an idea I thought you might appreciate and even try out yourself.

Waves GTR 3 had some of the cleanest sounding everything, almost sounded like it shimmered before you did anything at all to it in mixing. I did not like that about it but it might fit this bill really well, and it's affordable.

I am really enjoying the clean channels on the Mesa amps in that MESA Amplitube 4 pack, it's kept me satisfied since summer. I always loved Mesa amps, and this is the best fit for me in my own modeling stuff so far - I've been an IK user for a while now. Thermionik has a good Recto though, and it has a good clean channel IIRC (not too expensive either).

Edit: I only started using S-Gear this year but I think it's got good cleans too - you're not hurting for options in this market.

How about Shattered Glass Audio's free Ace amp emulation?
Demo/soundtrack work: https://soundcloud.com/antaln
My post/prog rock band: http://www.sylvium.com

ACE gives sixties retro sound. Not clean at all. :)

Return to “Effects”