Favorite UI - most pleasing to the eyes...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I do like the Virus Control GUI too, but it's getting to be a bit small on high-res monitors and really needs to be made resizable (not holding out much hope that that or anything beyond the most basic OS compatibility updates will happen from here on out, but you never know). Even though the newer GUI looks more elegant and is easier to read, I sort of liked the "evil" looking earlier version in a way, too - it put me in mind of the Virus C/Indigo Redback.
http://www.davidvector.com
New album, Chasing Fire, out now on Amazon, iTunes, etc.
Bandcamp: https://davidvector.bandcamp.com/releases

Vectorman wrote:Even though the newer GUI looks more elegant and is easier to read, I sort of liked the "evil" looking earlier version in a way, too - it put me in mind of the Virus C/Indigo Redback.
I prefer the old gui - the new one is elegant but also boring

layzer wrote:
Jace-BeOS wrote:I'm happy to see no representation from the "flat and minimal" camp :-D
you mean the pre-school friendly, after thought, rough draft is sufficient ones?
Yes. There are a ton of GUIs like that on mobile. Some vectorial GUIs on mobile are usable, but most look like copy/paste from everyone else. There's no distinctiveness. A few have such a usable set of controls and/or brilliant utility that I will buy it and enjoy it fine enough (like Fugue Machine), but I actually decided I wouldn't purchase any apps with GUIs that feel like a mockery of everything humanity should've learned by now of UI design.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

mcnelson wrote:Image
As gimmicky as this kind of thing is, it's actually very well done and very distinctive.

There was a SynthEdit synth back in the day called "Daisy" that had a bunch of kitties, ladybugs, flowers, and vines all over the GUI which served as controls and signal indicators (the cats would go frizzy on high signals for example). It was garish, small, and low resolution, and the synth wasn't all that interesting sounding, but I actually used it on a song, just for the fun of using the stupid GUI. It was a brilliant example of gimmick design creativity that didn't destroy usability, as well as being very distinctive in style (most SynthEdit synths tended to have all the same controls back then).
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

wagtunes wrote:By a mile

Ummm... so is it this particular UI screen or is it just any one of the dozen-or-so UI screens you need to navigate to in Omnisphere?
:hihi:

ganym3d wrote:Image

Don't know why... I like the look... :)
I totally agree with you.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

I always had a soft spot for the FabFilter Twin 2 GUI. I always found it pleasant to use.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

I also always love firing up Largo. I really love the classy pencil sketch theme of this plugin. Easy on the eyes and kind of trippy compared to the average plugin. Joy to use.

mostlyjustj wrote:
wagtunes wrote:By a mile

Ummm... so is it this particular UI screen or is it just any one of the dozen-or-so UI screens you need to navigate to in Omnisphere?
:hihi:
Any of them.

I really like Spire.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Virus TI GUi is nice, but is very small for today resolutions which makes it a PITA to work with.

TWin 2: excellent, as all FF plug ins.
Spire, good too.
Serum, quite good but too much tabs for th size
Largo, it seems nice but the size is not longer confortable and some parameters get lost.
dedication to flying

u-he ACE and all the u-he GUI in general.
u-he ACE.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jace-BeOS wrote:
layzer wrote:
Jace-BeOS wrote:I'm happy to see no representation from the "flat and minimal" camp :-D
you mean the pre-school friendly, after thought, rough draft is sufficient ones?
Yes. There are a ton of GUIs like that on mobile. Some vectorial GUIs on mobile are usable, but most look like copy/paste from everyone else. There's no distinctiveness. A few have such a usable set of controls and/or brilliant utility that I will buy it and enjoy it fine enough (like Fugue Machine), but I actually decided I wouldn't purchase any apps with GUIs that feel like a mockery of everything humanity should've learned by now of UI design.
Almost all fake 3D GUIs look much worse, but your opinion is common for those who have learned nothing of UI design.

Yeah, skeumorphism is the one that goes against good UI most of the time.

Fabfilter is the balanced approach with some eye candy but usability at the top.
dedication to flying

This skin for Diva is the best!

"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

Return to “Instruments”