Does anyone realize that Nanostudio's Eden is basically a modern-day version of the Ensoniq/D50?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What do all of them have in common? They are subtractive synthesizers that use additional waveforms and samples. That's it! Please tell me if there are any iOS apps that are quite like the D-50 and ESQ-1. The only ones I know are iM1 and Animoog.

Korg Supporter wrote:What do all of them have in common? They are subtractive synthesizers that use additional waveforms and samples. That's it! Please tell me if there are any iOS apps that are quite like the D-50 and ESQ-1. The only ones I know are iM1 and Animoog.
Nothing is like Animoog :D
Eden is indeed a bit Lo-Fi but i love it (used it from the beginning).
But what are you searching for....there are a ton of subtractive synth for iOS.
I like Mitosynth....it uses additive synthesis, a kind of vector based synthesis on steroids, you can load samples and even you can draw waveforms too.

I know there are a tons of subtractive synths, but I am looking for a synthesizer that can load samples and has additional waveforms other than saw, triangle, and pulse. NLog Pro Synth has 20 waveforms but no oscillator sync, and I have no interest for NLog Pro Synth

Korg Supporter wrote:I know there are a tons of subtractive synths, but I am looking for a synthesizer that can load samples and has additional waveforms other than saw, triangle, and pulse. NLog Pro Synth has 20 waveforms but no oscillator sync, and I have no interest for NLog Pro Synth

Zebra 2 is a good choice. The oscillators can load single-cycle waves (via a free program, wav2zebra), and feature a lot of different ways to alter and morph the waveforms before they go to the filter.
I wish I could sing as well as the voices inside my head...

http://www.cdbaby.com/darkvictory

Korg Supporter wrote:I know there are a tons of subtractive synths, but I am looking for a synthesizer that can load samples and has additional waveforms other than saw, triangle, and pulse. NLog Pro Synth has 20 waveforms but no oscillator sync, and I have no interest for NLog Pro Synth
There is Mitosynth, Eden.....not much on iOS really.
But you can route audio into the Moog Model 15 app f.e.
But NanoStudio 2 could be the thing....if it will be ever released. It's in the making since years :D
Nlog anyway can't load samples.
Virsyn apps are great but also can't load own samples.
Last edited by Cinebient on Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DocAtlas wrote:

Zebra 2 is a good choice. The oscillators can load single-cycle waves (via a free program, wav2zebra), and feature a lot of different ways to alter and morph the waveforms before they go to the filter.
I thought this is just about mobile apps here.

Cinebient wrote:
DocAtlas wrote:

Oops. I should have paid attention to what part of the forum this thread is in. Sorry.
I wish I could sing as well as the voices inside my head...

http://www.cdbaby.com/darkvictory

DocAtlas wrote:
Cinebient wrote:
DocAtlas wrote:

Oops. I should have paid attention to what part of the forum this thread is in. Sorry.
Well, Zebra 2 for iOS would be great :)
I doubt it happen anytime soon.... :roll:

Last edited by goldenanalog on Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hmmm, I think Cube, Poseidon, and Wavegenerator are sort of chameleon synths too. I listened to demos of Cube, and they have sounds that sound sort of like ESQ-1 sounds like that breath sound.

While Scythe doesn't have oscillator sync, I think it is a very cool lofi wavetable synth that costs 4 bucks

Last edited by goldenanalog on Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I have an iPad Air 2. Are you using the latest OS?

Goldenanalog, why did you replace your replies with elipses?

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”