K Brown Synth Bundle

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How do these Synths sound?

I make no particular claim - but it's free and easy to find out for yourself!

Next, I went ahead and did one of the larger Buchla approximations, even though the Random sources are only a very rough stab and a stepLFO standing in for the Sequential Voltage Source. Still, I think, another interesting look into the Buchla way of doing things.

For those unfamiliar with Buchla modules, what we have here, left-to-right are:
-Random voltage sources and a step LFO.
-Dual Voltage Processor (adder, attenuverter, modulatable cross-fade).
-Two combination LFO/complex oscillator.
-Four Envelope Generators.
-A Four-section low-pass filter/vca.
-A six input mixer (two inputs with modulatable pan).
-A joystick with four seperate outputs: center-up, center-down, center-left and center-right.
-Various keyboard controls and four freely-patchable Preset Voltage Sources.
There'd be a Partridge In A Pear Tree, but it leaves a mess on the floor.
I used normal human language for the Dual Volt Proc, instead of math-speak ;- )
SystemOne E_copy.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by kevin brown on Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hi Kevin, I read in the thread that all the vsts are under the process of being reviewed/optimized by your fellows (probably in the filter section if i recall it well). So may I kindly ask in your opinion how many are the ones still missing?
Asking this as I am not able to track myself everytime which are added/replaced so I am just waiting that all is done to download the whole group only once and save some data connection ^_^ ...
Thanks a lot for the info in advance... :tu:
Dg

The link at the bottom of all my posts is to the folder containing all the plug-ins that have had their parameters named to make them compatible with DAW automation. This folder will be added to as I and maybe others get more of them done. All should still be considered 'alphas'.
The only filter issued discussed at some length, as I recall, was just about whether the VSC3/Synthi had 18 or 24dB/oct filter. I posted a study by Stinchcomb that concluded it was 24dB and confusion came from people misinterpreting the schematics.

kevin brown wrote:The link at the bottom of all my posts is to the folder containing all the plug-ins that have had their parameters named to make them compatible with DAW automation. This folder will be added to as I and maybe others get more of them done. All should still be considered 'alphas'.
The only filter issued discussed at some length, as I recall, was just about whether the VSC3/Synthi had 18 or 24dB/oct filter. I posted a study by Stinchcomb that concluded it was 24dB and confusion came from people misinterpreting the schematics.
Thanks for answering, yes you're obviously right, I recalled wrongly about the filter and I meant the DAW automation thing that is going to be added...
Ok, as they are already a generous gift (and congrats for your awesome committment and thanks a lot for sharing them) I'll wait a bit more, no hurry, until almost everything may be DAW automations compatible. Not a big deal at all to wait for me, just to save some of my local limited internet connection (internet still not well served over here in my local area...)
Thanks again, Regards
Dg

And before beddy-bye, param-names for The Dodeca 258c.

This Buchla approximation is quite different, being built around the Dodecamodule - virtually a complete synth in itself, but without oscillators. The Dodeca 258c adds approximations of a pair of 258 Dual Oscillators, a Four Channel Comb Filter, controls based on the 221 Kinesthetic Input Port and a stepLFO.
The Dodeca 258c_copy.jpg
Dodeca copy.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

While we're gettin' all modular here - briandc at LinuxMusicians expressed some interest in the Synthegrated 12A (based on a custom Moog Synthesizer 12), so I did that one up:
Synthegrated 12A_copy.jpg
The custom 12 I based this on swapped out the Fixed Filter Bank for a fourth VCO, a second VCF and a second VCA. I think was like the setup Bernie Krause had on his 12.
Moog custom 12.jpg

kevin brown wrote:While we're gettin' all modular here - briandc at LinuxMusicians expressed some interest in the Synthegrated 12A (based on a custom Moog Synthesizer 12), so I did that one up:
Synthegrated 12A_copy.jpg
The custom 12 I based this on swapped out the Fixed Filter Bank for a fourth VCO, a second VCF and a second VCA. I think was like the setup Bernie Krause had on his 12.
Moog custom 12.jpg
An interesting synth, but the GUI is extremely large for most monitors. Shame really, was looking forward to trying this one out :( :neutral:
:tu: All is good

Hmmm -your host doesn't doesn't allow up/down scrolling? As far as I'm aware this has to be done with Arturia's Moog modular as well.

And here one based on the Moog Model 15 Synthesizer. Only swap out here is the substitution of a third EG for the attenuators module, since all the inputs and many outputs have built-in inverse-able attenuators; and who doesn't love an extra envelope?

Synthegrated 15A:
Synthegrated 15A_copy.jpg
model-15.jpg

Love these synths Kevin:) thank you very much

here is a test of one : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q0cDMxlu7w

kevin brown wrote:Hmmm -your host doesn't doesn't allow up/down scrolling? As far as I'm aware this has to be done with Arturia's Moog modular as well.
Indeed yes, the Arturia Moog modular does scroll within my host vst wrapper(FL Studio 12.2) This modular of yours doesn't scroll in it though.
:tu: All is good

Well, this is a real bummer! Yet another example of the awesomeness of vstHost. I never thought this would be an issue because I always use my synths with vstHost which allows left/right and up/down scrolling for GUIs of any size. I assumed all hosts worked that way; why would a little freebie app do this but not BigBoy software that costs money - I don't get it. If I just make the GUI smaller so that it fits top-to-bottom, the labeling would be too small to read.

I wonder if any of the Flowstone folks know of a way to bake this scrolling ability into the vst itself, which must be the way Arturia is doing it. I'll ask over there, but my thread there seems to be growing icicles.

kevin brown wrote:Well, this is a real bummer! Yet another example of the awesomeness of vstHost. I never thought this would be an issue because I always use my synths with vstHost which allows left/right and up/down scrolling for GUIs of any size. I assumed all hosts worked that way; why would a little freebie app do this but not BigBoy software that costs money - I don't get it. If I just make the GUI smaller so that it fits top-to-bottom, the labeling would be too small to read.

I wonder if any of the Flowstone folks know of a way to bake this scrolling ability into the vst itself, which must be the way Arturia is doing it. I'll ask over there, but my thread there seems to be growing icicles.
rearrange the sections side to side, ie; in a wide rectangle?
it gets cut off at the bottom by about 50 pixels at my 1440 x 900 screen res
Last edited by layzer on Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Yeah, that's one option. In the meantime:
More modular madness - Rolend Block-8, based on the small 'Laboratory' configuration of the Roland System 700.
The 'jacks' are actually drop-down menus. The fact that many of the inter-module connections are pre-wired (as was the hardware) makes this a less daunting modular.
Rolend Block-8_copy.jpg
Block-8 'Lab' System 700_copy.jpg

Return to “Instruments”