Mulab

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bungle wrote: Unlikely, about 50% of people are on Mac, this is Windows only.
There's released/official 32 bit Mac version which some of us being using all along, now there's 64 bit one soon to be released too, which works perfectly fine too, you clearly have no clue. :tu:
Michael L wrote:I have been using MuLab for Mac for almost 3 years and FYI test versions of the new 64-bit MuLab for Mac are in the MuTools forum. I find it quite stable for ancient and new VSTs with multiple tabs and pop-up windows.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Zexila wrote:
bungle wrote: Unlikely, about 50% of people are on Mac, this is Windows only.
There's released/official 32 bit Mac version which some of us being using all along, now there's 64 bit one soon to be released too, which works perfectly fine too, you clearly have no clue. :tu:
Michael L wrote:I have been using MuLab for Mac for almost 3 years and FYI test versions of the new 64-bit MuLab for Mac are in the MuTools forum. I find it quite stable for ancient and new VSTs with multiple tabs and pop-up windows.
The 64-bit Mac version (MuLab 7.1) is now available. I'm using it on macOS Sierra.

It's still a bit more suitable for electronic music than other genres
(e.g. no time signature changes yet, electronic-oriented stock instruments and effects, ...)
but it's a very interesting and powerful DAW, one of the very few I would consider at any price.

Time signatures should be user definable when added. Otherwise you end up with stock presets of only 3/4, 4/4 and 6/8 and no way to do anything in 6/4, 7/4, 12/8 and so on.

The MuLab sequence editor grid can be user defined down to a very fine level (effectively MIDI clock) - it doesn't use "time signature" as such, just the grid. So if you want 5/4 at 100bpm, you have a grid with 100 grid lines per minute (i.e. that's your beat size) and 5 grid lines per bar (that's your bar length in beats, i.e. quarter notes). (Then subdivide that if you want eighth notes, etc.) Basically, ultimate flexibility but it takes a bit of work - having some more presets and having them organised by "standard" time signatures might be nice..

You can also set the grid per Sequence Part, which means you can change time signature more or less... And you can insert tempo changes. (You need to do some arithmetic to get it all working, admittedly.)
Last edited by pljones on Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Having spent more time with Mulab 7 over the last several weeks I must say I'm really enjoying the interface more and more. Everything is so well laid out with very little distraction. I love the plugin handling and organization and the browser seems quick and clutter free. If Mulab fixed the issue with being able to see my massive collection of Waves plugins id be happy to work solely within it. Keep up the good work Mutools and it'll be cool to see where Mulab goes from here.
Windows 10 PC. Reason. Cubase. Waveform. Reaper. Studio One Pro. Epiphone Les Paul Pro II. Nektar Panorama t4. Yamaha RBX Bass. Faderport 2. Eris E5 Monitors. SSL2 Interface. Audient Evo 4. AKG C214. Aston Origin. MXL 990.

bungle wrote: No it doesn't work on Mac, a test version is not a working version, you really don't know the difference between test version and release ?
Hopefully the test version will be fully released and then the developer can make MUX mac too
As far as I can see it's version 7.1.30 and lots of plugins and thinking about it software in general are "works in progress".

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”