Is there a way to demo Uvi Falcon?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Falcon

Hey everyone,

As the title says, I was trying to find a demo of Uvi Falcon recently, but it seems there is none.

Is there a way to demo this?

Thank you very much!

Your best bet is to watch all of the Falcon videos on UVI's site, and google Falcon reviews to see if it might meet your needs. It doesn't come with a truckload of content, so if you're not into programming synths, or don't have any other UVI libraries to load into it, it might not be for you.
I wish I could sing as well as the voices inside my head...

http://www.cdbaby.com/darkvictory

Is really full of You tube tutorials, either from UVI,Simon and other folks...just looking at those you'll get a deep and clear idea of how it is. Cheers

In my opinion, Falcon is not meant to be a 'preset-user' synth. It comes with great presets, and some sets like for example Simon's are really very good. But it is meant for sounddesigners. If you do not intend to use it to create your own sounds, I guess you can get other things for that money. But if you do, it is extremely well thought out and not that difficult to learn for the first half of the learning curve. In the second half, the slope of the curve increases right up to programming in it. But even if you never go further that what I called 'half-way', you'll have an incredible powerful tool at your disposal.

The only thing that is lacking - I repeat : my idea - is the ability to use it for its effects, like Absynth for example.
The thing I like less is the iLok 'make paying users hostages' system. With each update, I take a deep breath...

I would not go for less than a rather new i7 processor though.

There's also a forum, started by, yes, Simon:

http://falcontinuum.com
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

ErikH wrote:In my opinion, Falcon is not meant to be a 'preset-user' synth. It comes with great presets, and some sets like for example Simon's are really very good. But it is meant for sounddesigners. If you do not intend to use it to create your own sounds, I guess you can get other things for that money. But if you do, it is extremely well thought out and not that difficult to learn for the first half of the learning curve. In the second half, the slope of the curve increases right up to programming in it. But even if you never go further that what I called 'half-way', you'll have an incredible powerful tool at your disposal.

The only thing that is lacking - I repeat : my idea - is the ability to use it for its effects, like Absynth for example.
The thing I like less is the iLok 'make paying users hostages' system. With each update, I take a deep breath...

I would not go for less than a rather new i7 processor though.

There's also a forum, started by, yes, Simon:

http://falcontinuum.com

I haven't made one single sound in it and I love it.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ErikH wrote:In my opinion, Falcon is not meant to be a 'preset-user' synth. It comes with great presets, and some sets like for example Simon's are really very good. But it is meant for sounddesigners. If you do not intend to use it to create your own sounds, I guess you can get other things for that money.
This mentality always irritates the piss out of me. If you can make a sound in it, you can turn that sound into a preset and sell it. Sure, it might require the user to buy some modules but that is really a moot point. It's up to the designer to make that decision whether or not their buyers would think it worth paying for such in order to use their libraries.

I've said it a million times; I am not a sound designer. I do spend a great deal of money on presets because sound designers make better sounds than I could and it's not productive for me to sit for a week working on a single sound when I have work to be done for clients. It's win/win for both parties.

Mystic wrote:
ErikH wrote:In my opinion, Falcon is not meant to be a 'preset-user' synth. It comes with great presets, and some sets like for example Simon's are really very good. But it is meant for sounddesigners. If you do not intend to use it to create your own sounds, I guess you can get other things for that money.
This mentality always irritates the piss out of me. If you can make a sound in it, you can turn that sound into a preset and sell it. Sure, it might require the user to buy some modules but that is really a moot point. It's up to the designer to make that decision whether or not their buyers would think it worth paying for such in order to use their libraries.

I've said it a million times; I am not a sound designer. I do spend a great deal of money on presets because sound designers make better sounds than I could and it's not productive for me to sit for a week working on a single sound when I have work to be done for clients. It's win/win for both parties.
You're absolutely right. That's why we have sound designers like myself. If everybody programmed their own sounds, I'd be out of business. Fortunately, some people just want to make music and there is nothing wrong with that.

I too have a problem with people who make statements like "This synth is for sound designers" or "Preset users are lame." Believe me, I've heard them both.

In short, the snobbery around here sometimes makes me want to reach for the air sick bag.

I absoultely admire the art of making a track out of presets, choosing the right ones, tweak them a bit, and make it all fit together. And the best sound designers for me are those who make presets usable in your tracks, so that you don't even have to tweak them much. Of course, that's also a matter of personal preference, but, when browsing through presets, i often find that some are almost immediately ready for use, while, on others, i wonder what the sound designer thought when he made the presets. Some presets seem really "out of this world", and i sometimes can't imagine any musical genre that the specific preset would be suitable for. Others are spot on. But, to get the link again, using presets can be an art. He's not around here much anymore, but i always admired IrionDaRonin for his remarkable demo tracks for other's soundsets. He was really good in choosing the sounds, and creating his track around it. For me personally, the Jonn Serrie approach of designing sound as part of the track creation is rather my thing, but then, my sounds aren't exactly rocket science (so far), and i really do like do get into the technical part, and know a synth inside out, so, using presets is not really what i intend to do. I don't even do much reverse engineering, i rather accidentally find out how different sounds are made. :) Each to his like i guess. But i wouldn't say someone is doing inferior work, when he uses preset, the opposite rather. It's an art, and i wished i was so creative, and talented to do such great tracks around presets from soundsets, which some are able to do.

shonoob wrote:Hey everyone,

As the title says, I was trying to find a demo of Uvi Falcon recently, but it seems there is none.

Thank you very much!
This is no demo liscence for Falcon.

Is there something in particular you are looking for; a sound, a function?

I have been using the program, I may be able to help you find the info you are seeking before you make a descision to purchase or not.

...this is definitely a synth for people who'd like to go deep and create their own stuff. That's why it's absolutely mind-blowing there isn't a demo version available. A really good way to continue keeping UVI off my radar :tu: ...

Dillinger wrote:
shonoob wrote:Hey everyone,

Thank you very much!
This is no demo liscence for Falcon.

Is there something in particular you are looking for; a sound, a function?

I have been using the program, I may be able to help you find the info you are seeking before you make a descision to purchase or not.
not really mate! Just general curiosity of how it feels to use, I have Serum already and it is my go-to, and I remember Falcon being compared to Serum quite a lot, and wanted to A-B how they both work/sound myself. Cheers! And thank you everyone else thus far for the replies.

I can't speak for everybody else but my concern about buying this synth was a simple one.

Would it even work on my PC?

What if it didn't? Then what? I'm out hundreds of dollars?

I got lucky. It did work. But I've demo'd synths before that did not work so it is very possible that Falcon might not have worked because of some kind of odd compatibility issue.

So I agree, not having a demo, especially for something this expensive, is mind boggling.

wagtunes wrote:I can't speak for everybody else but my concern about buying this synth was a simple one.

Would it even work on my PC?

What if it didn't? Then what? I'm out hundreds of dollars?

I got lucky. It did work. But I've demo'd synths before that did not work so it is very possible that Falcon might not have worked because of some kind of odd compatibility issue.

So I agree, not having a demo, especially for something this expensive, is mind boggling.
I agree, they should have some sort of demo version, but I have never run into a plugin that didn't work on my PC. Sure, I have tested betas and they would on the rare occasion crash until the developer fixed something or other, but then they work fine after that. I have many that use ILok/PACE and others that have different types of protection. Just lucky I guess.

If you want to demo some of the UVI soundbanks.. you're out of luck. There are no demos that I am aware of. Some of the UVI products/banks can be picked up pretty cheaply though. Free even... around black Friday (which is just around the corner). You can also find deals in the KVR Marketpalce. I am mentioning this, because you don't always need Falcon to play the libraries. While it doesnt have near the shaping capabilities of Falcon, the UVI Workstation is free -- and plays UVI libraries.

Return to “Instruments”