Dynamic Equalizers, how many are out there and which do you use?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok, I have been looking for a good dynamic-eq for quite a time. The most complete and much like how I want it is Mdynamic eq from Melda but I would like to hear some opinions before buying and consider other plugins. I somehow don't like the way Melda's eq works, at least for managing each band graphically, I love Fabfilter Q2's system for that.

So far I've used:

- Fabfilter Pro-MB: Not really a dynamic eq but close to it. Cannot really act as equalizer since bands are too wide

- Ozone Dynamic eq: Too mastering-ish approach, I cannot get for instance tight bass pumping or harsh eq.

- Neutron Dynamic eq: My favourite so far but too simple. Cannot change attack-release times and too few parameters.

Anyone has tried Melda? Any other considerations? :tu:

TDR Nova the best there is atm - free edition is already amazing, the paid one offers 2 more bands plus upwards expansion plus more precise release control.

Type "TDR Nova Dan Worrall" in Youtube, sit back, grab a drink and enjoy!

TB Flx4 is a beast.

TDR Nova, Ozone7 Dynamic EQ & Neutron EQ

Bouroki wrote:TDR Nova the best there is atm - free edition is already amazing, the paid one offers 2 more bands plus upwards expansion plus more precise release control.

Type "TDR Nova Dan Worrall" in Youtube, sit back, grab a drink and enjoy!
Wow, this is very much what I'm looking for. At least at a first glance.

How about the sound? Can you get drastic transient boosts? It has no knee control but for the rest t's it! :wink: Will try it later

sinkmusic wrote:TB Flx4 is a beast.
Will check out, cheers! :clap: (BTW, how about the sound, punchy bass transients,etc?)

RX Final mix is great, not sure how similar Neutron is.
bx_dyneq still great but you only have 1 band to work with

softska wrote:RX Final mix is great, not sure how similar Neutron is.
bx_dyneq still great but you only have 1 band to work with
I think RF Final mix is just as Neutron,no possibility to tweak attack-decay, knee, etc right?

J-909 wrote: (BTW, how about the sound, punchy bass transients,etc?)
Play with the slopes on the EQ half, and on the Compress/Expand half. It can get too extreme!
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

Well, McDsp released AE600 yesterday, and it pretty much takes the cake imho :hyper: .

TDR Nova (GE) is the most sophisticated, most intuitive and most usable dynamic equalizer. The other plugins mentioned (except for the new Neutron EQ - which is part of a bigger package) are not really on par in terms of sound quality, features and ease of use.

Top 3 Dynamic Equalizers:
1. TDR Nova GE
2. TDR Nova Standard Edition (free)
3. VladG Nova 67P (free)

:)

Okay, Fabfilter Pro-MB is probably on par with TDR Nova and DMG Limitless, which is more intended for usage as a mastering limiter with multiband capabilities, is probably better suited for that specific scenario.

I've got Voxengo Gliss, Melda MDynamicEQ, Nova, and TB Flx, and have tried all of the others listed. Flx is the one to beat, IMO.
Brian Garrison
Tracks In The Box
YouTube | Facebook

Melda M(Auto)DynamicEQ (quite often also the simple MEqualizer, depending on the situation) is my go-to EQ for anything - sits tight on any needed channel, is VERY resource-friendly and sounds lovely.

b15fliptop wrote:I've got Voxengo Gliss, Melda MDynamicEQ, Nova, and TB Flx, and have tried all of the others listed. Flx is the one to beat, IMO.
Same thought here.
I tried almost every dyn eq out there, I found that flx is the most versatile, nice sounding one. I have other dyn eq, but i use flx quiet frequently.

b15fliptop wrote:I've got Voxengo Gliss, Melda MDynamicEQ, Nova, and TB Flx, and have tried all of the others listed. Flx is the one to beat, IMO.
I personally have to disagree, but ultimately it's a matter of what works for you. I tried TB Fix demo some time ago and the interface was unfortunately too cluttered and disorganised for my taste. TDR Nova on the other hand has has a interface that works instantly: it's easy to make adjustments and dial in the right sound. The low- and highpass filters are very usable + the EQ has a smooth sound due to the parallel design of it.

My opinion in short: TB Fix is nice, but Nova has the better interface, low- and highpass filters and better sound due to parallel equalizer design.

What do you prefer in TB Fix?

Return to “Effects”