PRODUCTS
Sandman Unfiltered Audio Sandman

Bit of a jam with one of Simon's patches - so inspiring

https://soundcloud.com/kymeia/my-sweet-angel

aMUSEd wrote:Bit of a jam with one of Simon's patches - so inspiring

Enjoyed it. Thanks.
Tangled roots perplex her ways.

This is one of the most fun effects I've played with in a while. With RAM being as cheap as it is I would hope that they might make the maximum delay time a good bit higher for looping and such.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

aMUSEd wrote:Bit of a jam with one of Simon's patches - so inspiring

This is great! Is this just electric piano and Sandman Pro?

Also, sorry everyone for not responding yesterday. We had a complete internet outage yesterday in my area :x

Yeah - I like fx I can jam with interactively while playing in realtime - this does it brilliantly

Is it me or is it generally quite clicky on the multitap mode?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:Is it me or is it generally quite clicky on the multitap mode?
Unfortunately, that might be related to the CPU spike bug reported earlier in the thread. We're working on a hotfix right now. Does it click more with fewer taps?

In general, the multi-tap mode is windowed and should not typically produce clicks when controls are manipulated or modulated.

thelizard wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:Is it me or is it generally quite clicky on the multitap mode?
Unfortunately, that might be related to the CPU spike bug reported earlier in the thread. We're working on a hotfix right now. Does it click more with fewer taps?
Hmmm, didnt really make a connection. I'll have a play with it later and confirm.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

For anybody experiencing the REAPER slowdown (ericzang, xx JPRacer xx, and anyone else), does it occur with the original Sandman? If you don't have a copy, please try the demo (and if the demo's expired, we'll reactivate it). We're trying to pin down whether OpenGL or the modulation animations are to blame.

Just picked Sandman up myself a few weeks back.

Funny thing is I remember using it for something, wishing there was a way I could modulate a parameter or 2 like you can with Dent.

UA must have been anally probing me while I slept because suddenly this thing is out!!

Will be picking this up for sure!!

original sandman and G8 - no problems.

Fault (even with expired demo) and Indent - same high cpu.

Same as ericzang. The original Sandman is working fine. And btw, the problem is not only in Reaper, same thing in Bitwig.

Is it possible that there's no frame limiter and internally it's running at like 300+ fps?

xx JPRacer xx wrote:Same as ericzang. The original Sandman is working fine. And btw, the problem is not only in Reaper, same thing in Bitwig.

Is it possible that there's no frame limiter and internally it's running at like 300+ fps?
Thanks! Those two reports are very helpful.

Theoretically, we are using JUCE's internal frame rate throttler. We're going to do some tests to see if it's implemented correctly. It's a good theory.

We're putting Sandman (original) 1.2 through QA right now. I'll see if I can send you preview builds as a test once the PA team gets installers prepared. We've added the same interface resizing functionality, but not OpenGL. If you're encountering issues with 1.2, then we can rule out OpenGL and focus entirely on our scaling code.

Had time to play with this more and it's amazing. I have found that in Sonar Platinum v22.10.0.19 on Win10 when I close the plugin UI during playback (also Sandman and Indent), it will often crash the DAW. It doesn't happen all the time, but once it happens it seems persistent. I'm using Asio4ALL drivers on an old M-Audio Black Box, so maybe that's a factor, but figured I'd post it in here anyway.

neverwhere2410 wrote:Had time to play with this more and it's amazing. I have found that in Sonar Platinum v22.10.0.19 on Win10 when I close the plugin UI during playback (also Sandman and Indent), it will often crash the DAW. It doesn't happen all the time, but once it happens it seems persistent. I'm using Asio4ALL drivers on an old M-Audio Black Box, so maybe that's a factor, but figured I'd post it in here anyway.
Sorry for the slow response! I was out for most of the weekend.

Check out this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=472222

Another user was having a similar crash in Cubase. That user's issues were fixed by updating their graphics drivers. If you are unsure how to do that, I'd be happy to help.

Return to “Effects”