Logic Pro: Moving notes with the mouse up and down

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi fellow Logicians

Both with Fex Pitch and in the MIDI editor, I was able to move note up and down using the mouse/touch pad.
But then, when I wanted to do it again, I couldn't get it moved anymore.
I've been looking and trying, but couldn't find the solution so far.
I'm sure it's gonna be somethinf very basic. Well life is sometimes hard for a new user of a powerful software.

Any ideas what I am missing / doing wrong?

tele

P.S.: I just switched from Cubase to Logic two days ago :-)
Listen to me at soundcklick:
www.soundclick.com/wewritesongs

Just to be sure, go to Settings > General and click on the tab Editing. The second item from the bottom says: "Limit Dragging to One Direction In:"

Make sure these items are unchecked. That will allow you to move midi notes as well as regions in the horizontal and vertical plane at the same time instead of either one or the other at a time.

Thanks, LFO8. I'm gonna check that when back home.
All together, so far I found the new DAW environment quite self-explanatory, but of course once you get into details like that, life as a newbie can be tough :hihi:

I think I will take at least 1 or 2 months just for playing around with Logic with no real projekt to be completed.
And only after that I'm gonna try to be an artist and create something with it. That will make life less painful. 8)

tele

LFO8 wrote:Just to be sure, go to Settings > General and click on the tab Editing. The second item from the bottom says: "Limit Dragging to One Direction In:"

Make sure these items are unchecked. That will allow you to move midi notes as well as regions in the horizontal and vertical plane at the same time instead of either one or the other at a time.
I got it working, right now. thanks gain for that tip.
But I don't really know what the problem was, the option "Limit Dragging" you described was already unchecked.
Probably one of these newbie phenomenas. :D

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”