Plugin alliance Brainworks pedals for $19 each

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dozius wrote:I was over at PA downloading the Sandman Pro demo when I noticed these were on sale again. There also seems to be two new pedals. A RAT2 model and a Boss MT-2 model. Anybody tried the new pedals yet?
No, but I'm going to try the MT-2 this weekend.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

cprompt wrote:
Dozius wrote:I was over at PA downloading the Sandman Pro demo when I noticed these were on sale again. There also seems to be two new pedals. A RAT2 model and a Boss MT-2 model. Anybody tried the new pedals yet?
No, but I'm going to try the MT-2 this weekend.
The Rat2 is not the warmest Rat. This may be due to the fact that it's not based on the original op-amp model, but the rat 2. I still don't think guitar effects have caught up to the sound of plugging a real pedal into your chain. Which is why I switched to doing this myself. I think the rat in multidrive is the warmest one, but the gain structure doesn't go as high as a real rat. *edit: after review, I think the TSE R47 gets closest to the classic sound.
Last edited by spacekid on Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

oh, for anyone interested. The Fat Rat pedal allows you to simple snap in any op-amp you want/no soldering. You can buy an original chip for a few bucks. I wish someone would model it with different chips installed.

spacekid wrote:I think the TSE R47 gets closest to the classic sound.
I had a chance to try out the brainworx model last night and preferred the TSE one as well. Should mention that I don't regularly use guitars, so my demoing consists of other sound sources. I don't own the real pedal either, so I can't comment on authenticity.

I found the distortion range on the brainworx to be really wonky. It's like all the usable range was squashed into the first 25%. It also seemed to just 'click' off instead of smoothly transitioning down into 'no distortion'. It even 'exploded' on me at one point (constant high DC output) and I had to reload it to get it back to normal.

Going to try the MT-2 tonight if I get a chance.

Return to “Effects”