Logic Pro Soundlibrary - Sounds from older versions

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi folks
just went from PC/Cubase to Mac/Logic and started downloading the additional content.
Since SSD space is expensive and limited (to 256 on my MacBook Pro) I am wondering if one would "really" need the sounds from that category "older versions". Don't remember the exact name now, but Logic users should unerstand what I mean.

So here's the question: from your viewpoint, what would be a pro or a con to download this content, too?

Thanks for your hints and opinions

tele
Listen to me at soundcklick:
www.soundclick.com/wewritesongs

P.S. If you're gonna ask why I switched to Mac/Logic:
a) Alchemy (I love, love, love the mobile version for the iPad)
b) Alchemy (I love, love, love the mobile version for the iPad)
c) Alchemy (I love, love, love the mobile version for the iPad)
d) Logic remote (I love to use the touchscreen keyboard)
e) Alchemy (I love, love, love the mobile version for the iPad)
f) guess what :-)

I guess you mean 'Legacy' content

There is no one else can tell whether you will need these sounds. Maybe you would be better downloading them, and deleting the ones that you don't like :shrug:

Thanks for your feedback.
So this means there actually is other content. Not just the same sound with different names.
But as I see there also actually is double content, too.
1 Example is the Apple Loop called Jazz Hustle Flute. I got it twice, in the Apple Loops Browser.

A very cool Loop, btw :-)

tele

Download only sampler content, there's some nice stuff there, skip the loops, not bad, but not that essential. :tu:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Zexila wrote:Download only sampler content, there's some nice stuff there, skip the loops, not bad, but not that essential. :tu:
Loops can be good for mangling, sound design etc., but not essential.

Some that are worth having are the foley samples that used to come in soundtrack pro. Can't remember how many are included in this legacy content. The stuff is great for providing ambiences, and for mangling etc.

As Zex said, grab the sampler content. Since I replied to this thread, I have been jamming out on some good legacy guitar presets :band:

ok, thanks for the hints. For now, I'll just download it all :-)
As long as my space is not getting short - which it will eventually :hihi:

telebunke wrote: 1 Example is the Apple Loop called Jazz Hustle Flute. I got it twice, in the Apple Loops Browser.
I have it twice as well but that's because I also installed GarageBand as well.

/Library/Audio/Apple Loops/Apple/Apple Loops for GarageBand/Jazz Hustle Flute 01.caf
/Library/Audio/Apple Loops/Apple/Jam Pack Remix Tools/Jazz Hustle Flute 01.caf

O that's why. I also got Garage Band installed. Well it was preinstalled.
Probably there is an option to hide "double" content. Should not be so difficult to not show the same name twice, but I don't know if there is such an option.

tele

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”