RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

Cannot install Rapid Demo on my computer - Windows 7-32

Got this error message:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

zxant wrote:Cannot install Rapid Demo on my computer - Windows 7-32
I tested it on Windows 7 (32-Bit) and it works. I think this is probably due to an old version of Windows Installer.
(from: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... 146?auth=1 )

To get rid of this error, I would suggest you to install the latest version of Windows Installer which you can download it from the link:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en
So if your Installer version is out of date, it's not possible to execute newer .msi (. microsoft installer file).

Hope that solves the problem.

@parawave
Some days ago I asked this question in this thread.
I ask again today:
Can the harp send midi out?
In order to trigger other VST for example.
teacuemusic (Musicals)
youtube

teacue wrote:@parawave
I ask again today:
Sorry, must have overread it. Currently not possible. So, you need just a restart trigger, or really all MIDI notes the arpeggiator generates for internal use? I think a solution to that would be a bit convoluted. There are 8 arpeggiators, so which one should be send to the output? Or just everything, or on different MIDI channels, or as different MIDI outs? Decisions, decisions.

parawave wrote:
teacue wrote:@parawave
I ask again today:
Sorry, must have overread it. Currently not possible. So, you need just a restart trigger, or really all MIDI notes the arpeggiator generates for internal use? I think a solution to that would be a bit convoluted. There are 8 arpeggiators, so which one should be send to the output? Or just everything, or on different MIDI channels, or as different MIDI outs? Decisions, decisions.
Thanks for your answer.
I find the Arp of Rapid quite convenient and really "rapide" (fast) to use.
Working with the plug I quickly came to a situation where I needed to "double" Rapid with another vst, and that's why I searched if such a function was available.
Of course it is not difficult to reproduce the arp patterns within my DAW but in some situations it can be really usefull for example to quickly test if the doubling is really necessary.
Even if Rapid is powerfull enough to create a whole song, it can happen that one need another sound ;)

So yes, I would love to be able to send out all MIDI notes the 8 Arpeggiators generate.
Of course the idea of sending all 8 arpeggiators on different MIDI channels would be great.
In case you implement this function, please do not forget to make then the MIDI channels selectable for each Arpeggiator.
I hope you consider this feature.

Best regards
teacuemusic (Musicals)
youtube

parawave wrote:
zxant wrote:Cannot install Rapid Demo on my computer - Windows 7-32
I tested it on Windows 7 (32-Bit) and it works. I think this is probably due to an old version of Windows Installer.
(from: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... 146?auth=1 )

To get rid of this error, I would suggest you to install the latest version of Windows Installer which you can download it from the link:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en
So if your Installer version is out of date, it's not possible to execute newer .msi (. microsoft installer file).

Hope that solves the problem.

Thanks! Turned out I didn't really need it. It failed on the Factory install and I got it done with a little inventivity. . ;)

Also, I noticed that installing Rapid Demo was invoking entries in WindowsUpdate.log (???)

Why is that? :?:

And ... I'll be d*rned but this is yet another synth without Sustain Pedal support! . :mad:

Misfire ...! . :(
Last edited by ZeePok on Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi Parawave,

Any plans to post some in-depth RAPID-Synth Video Tutorials on youtube, with narration, while we wait for the pdf user's manual to be completed ?

Thanks,
Muziksculp

teacue wrote: I find the Arp of Rapid quite convenient and really "rapide" (fast) to use.
Working with the plug I quickly came to a situation where I needed to "double" Rapid with another vst, and that's why I searched if such a function was available.
Of course it is not difficult to reproduce the arp patterns within my DAW but in some situations it can be really usefull for example to quickly test if the doubling is really necessary.
Even if Rapid is powerfull enough to create a whole song, it can happen that one need another sound ;)

So yes, I would love to be able to send out all MIDI notes the 8 Arpeggiators generate.
Of course the idea of sending all 8 arpeggiators on different MIDI channels would be great.
In case you implement this function, please do not forget to make then the MIDI channels selectable for each Arpeggiator.

Best regards
Yes, the arp is the best I know inside a synth! Would be a nice :P
Last edited by bite_me on Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The average bored guy

oups

... FEATURE I meant :oops:
The average bored guy

teacue wrote:So yes, I would love to be able to send out all MIDI notes the 8 Arpeggiators generate.
Good idea. Noted.
Muziksculp wrote:Any plans to post some in-depth RAPID-Synth Video Tutorials on youtube, with narration, while we wait for the pdf user's manual to be completed ?
I thought about tutorials, but didn't found someone who is capable of creating good ones yet. I could do it by myself, if you don't mind a thick german accent, but it's also too time consuming. The MacOS X release and new features are waiting.

At the moment the manual is not really complete, but parts of it are available at https://parawave-audio.com/rapid_guide as user guide. I personally think an online help is better suited for "changing software". PDF files are so big, and don't scale well on small screens. In the era of tablets and smartphones it's easier to provide a responsive help website that scales well on multiple devices.
zxant wrote:And ... I'll be d*rned but this is yet another synth without Sustain Pedal support! . :mad:
Have you tried MIDI CC64 as source within a routing entry? By MIDI standard it's normaly reserved for Sustain Pedal. All MIDI CC, 0 to 127 are selectable as source. Look up http://nickfever.com/music/midi-cc-list to get more information about CC numbers and use.

parawave wrote:
zxant wrote:And ... I'll be d*rned but this is yet another synth without Sustain Pedal support! . :mad:
Have you tried MIDI CC64 as source within a routing entry? By MIDI standard it's normaly reserved for Sustain Pedal. All MIDI CC, 0 to 127 are selectable as source. Look up http://nickfever.com/music/midi-cc-list to get more information about CC numbers and use.

But you're implying that Rapid has no 'native' Sustain Pedal support?

And what shall I choose as the routing entry to get sustain pedal working?

@parawave, thanks for the advice, I was wondering what was going on inside rapid as I noticed the red levels, yet my project wasn't clipping so I figured I was okay. Will remember this!

@Mirko - i like your last video at parts, a whole song inside rapid -- wow!

Here a very roughly mixed rapid goa trance version with leads that I'll probably not going anywhere else with, just thought I'd upload it here, maybe recursive might like it ;)

https://soundcloud.com/touch_the_univer ... a-mix-demo
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

zxant wrote:And what shall I choose as the routing entry to get sustain pedal working? 
This seems to work:
Bild1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Touch The Universe wrote: maybe recursive might like it ;)
Ouch, he surely does :wink:

Excellent! Love these resonances and "rubbery" synths. :tu: The best rapid demo I've heard so far.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

parawave wrote:I thought about tutorials, but didn't found someone who is capable of creating good ones yet. .
Have you considered contacting any of those guys :

Dan Worrall has made absolutely brilliant tutorials for FabFilters, Tokyo Dawn Labs, also Alchemy
Kenny Gioia makes extensive tutorials for Reaper and ProTools
Sadowick Production has made complete tutorials for Serum, Synthmaster, Diva, Massive, Spire and Z3ta2, Ableton Live.

All three have long experience making tutorials for complex music softwares, and all three are up to the task.

Return to “Instruments”