Common, everyday arguing about drum machines and everything that could be considered as a DM.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

xoxos wrote:that's alright, we'll upgrade the OS so users won't care about your thread any more and they'll have to buy all new threads from suckers who like to milk you instead of threads made with authentic consideration for percussion synthesis.

then act all surprised, why can't i get this thing?

hey is that new thing with the sine oscillator and the noise and the sample ready yet? stoooner is made by drugs and i won't use those because society told me to keep up with some noxious bullshit sold by hideous cretins. see how crazy the developer is talking.

danger.
I seriously wonder if we're from the same planet sometimes. No, really, what??? :help:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abstraction

https://soundcloud.com/pluggotic/albums

'nonzerorisk'

grasshopper, when you can snatch the words from this process, then you are ready to type in the reply field
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Or maybe get down to earth again, and talk in a language people are able to understand. ;)

Aryaroman wrote:The description for ADM CM implies that you can import you own samples, but I haven't been able to do it. When I import samples, they won't play and then switch back to the regular CM-ones.
Sounds like you were attempting to load samples in an unsupported format.

(ADM behaves like that when you try to do that.)

If the samples are in the right format, theyll work fine.

(WAV, Mono/Stereo, 16bit, 44100Hz)

chk071 wrote:Or maybe get down to earth again, and talk in a language people are able to understand. ;)
yet part of being a person is being alive, and part of being alive is being willing to parse what is novel. i refute your thesis that lowering the mode of discourse has any application for people.

wasn't that fun? let's get a room, i've never done this before, in the entire history of kvr huh.

so much for aren't drum machines fastantic.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

xoxos wrote:i've never done this before
That's what girls always say ;)

ENV1 wrote:
Aryaroman wrote:The description for ADM CM implies that you can import you own samples, but I haven't been able to do it. When I import samples, they won't play and then switch back to the regular CM-ones.
Sounds like you were attempting to load samples in an unsupported format.

(ADM behaves like that when you try to do that.)

If the samples are in the right format, theyll work fine.

(WAV, Mono/Stereo, 16bit, 44100Hz)
:dog:

Guess I'll have to do some resampling to my ultra-modern and pristine 24-bit samples then... :lol: Cheers!

Aryaroman wrote:Guess I'll have to do some resampling to my ultra-modern and pristine 24-bit samples then... :lol: Cheers!
Yep. :)

BTW, heres 2 ADM tips. (If you didnt know already.)

- Samples can be dragged from Explorer onto the upper displays.

- You can specify a custom samples directory by creating a Config.ini with the following content:

Code: Select all

SamplesDir = "DriveLetter:\Directory\Folder\"
Example: SamplesDir = "C:\Samples\LinnDrum"

The samples in this folder are then selectable from the dropdown menu just like the CM Kit, etc.

Note: This folder should not contain too many samples because ADM reads them all in before starting. (Which has an effect on startup time.) A few one-shots from a few drummachines are OK. Config.ini goes where the other .inis are.

PS: For anyone who missed it, a brandnew big ADM UI is available here on KVR. ;)

click for fullsize

ENV1 wrote:
Aryaroman wrote:Guess I'll have to do some resampling to my ultra-modern and pristine 24-bit samples then... :lol: Cheers!
Yep. :)

BTW, heres 2 ADM tips. (If you didnt know already.)

- Samples can be dragged from Explorer onto the upper displays.

- You can specify a custom samples directory by creating a Config.ini with the following content:

Code: Select all

SamplesDir = "DriveLetter:\Directory\Folder\"
Example: SamplesDir = "C:\Samples\LinnDrum"

The samples in this folder are then selectable from the dropdown menu just like the CM Kit, etc.

Note: This folder should not contain too many samples because ADM reads them all in before starting. (Which has an effect on startup time.) A few one-shots from a few drummachines are OK. Config.ini goes where the other .inis are.

PS: For anyone who missed it, a brandnew big ADM UI is available here on KVR. ;)

click for fullsize
Sweet! Thanks for the tips!

As for the UI, it's one of those things I didn't even realize I needed. It's a massive improvement over the boring and clunky old one. :party:

You should ask them to make it the actual UI. :wink:

Thanks, glad you like it.

As for making it 'factory', Mike knows about the UI and he also knows that he can do with it whatever he wants, so its up to him. (I told him that in the older thread some years ago.)

ENV1 wrote:Thanks, glad you like it.

As for making it 'factory', Mike knows about the UI and he also knows that he can do with it whatever he wants, so its up to him. (I told him that in the older thread some years ago.)
I don't know what went wrong in the installation, I followed the instructions. I have the CM-version and whenever I change the size of the UI/scroll down, it clips/flashes.

Not sure i understand.

ADMs UI is one fixed size, in other words there is no need to scroll.

Please explain, i will be happy to help if i can.

ENV1 wrote:Not sure i understand.

ADMs UI is one fixed size, in other words there is no need to scroll.

Please explain, i will be happy to help if i can.
I need to have ADM as a smaller window in my DAW, instead of full visibility, to fit into my DAW's workspace (problem with small screen) and when I scroll up/down the UI on my DAW's window control to edit parameters, the UI clips like an epilepsy-show.
Sorry, if this is a confusing description, I'm not familiar with the exact terms.

I see.

Afraid thats something the plugin- or host-developer would need to take a look at, i.e. theres nothing i can do about this here on my end.

Sorry.

Anything new?

Return to “Instruments”