Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Legend

Just found two nice comments about The Legend at Gearslutz:

1.) from a Minimoog Model D owner (username 3rdpath):
I spent a good deal of time adjusting The Legend and my vintage minimoog D to see if I could match the sound on a few patches. I have to say, It's pretty dang close! There's a bit of weight missing in the low octaves of the software but that could be adjusted with some EQ. Overall, if you're looking for the minimoog sound, you can't beat the Legend, especially if you want the vintage sound. The early model revision switch adds in some good vintage mojo….I'd say, even closer than the $3500 minimoog reissue.
2.) From Yorrrrrr who also posted here (and i could mostly agree to this post...):
They absolutely nailed the minimoog, and then some. Sound, feel, GUI, ease of use, low CPU use, are all great. This thing sounds and even behaves like hardware (minus the physical thing, of course). This thing is so great, I even got rid of this idea of buying a Model D reissue, so..no need to waste $3500 in a collector's piece. The Legend is a marvel!
Gearslutz thread link:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electro ... ing-3.html
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

About activations:
Just to clarify, there is a limit on the simultaneous number of activations, rather than the total number of activations. So changing computers, HD crashes or whatever is no problem. The difference to our previous, pure-serial system is very small. It's an app launched once after installation to perform the activation with a single click, that's it. Our plugins will not connect to the internet to perform any checks (just like before) and there is no monitoring, no service center, no background apps or whatever else that could potentially be disturbing.

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

Richard, sorry for asking again, but there are any thoughts of making Prophet 5 (or even 08 lol) emulation ? :)

Rich are there any plans to update Antidote and bring it closer to Dune2?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Three minor suggestions:
- since there are only two effects anyway, replace the common Effects on/off by Delay on/off and Reverb on/off switches (abbreviated DL and RV they would consume little more space)
- add the mono mode switch (i.e. with and without retriggering) to the Polyphany control on the main panel, there is enough space for an additional option on that control
- add a space between ENV and AMT ^^
Last edited by fluffy_little_something on Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deleted
Last edited by replicant X on Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Each DAW has a different sound.

Richard_Synapse wrote:About activations:
Just to clarify, there is a limit on the simultaneous number of activations, rather than the total number of activations. So changing computers, HD crashes or whatever is no problem. The difference to our previous, pure-serial system is very small. It's an app launched once after installation to perform the activation with a single click, that's it. Our plugins will not connect to the internet to perform any checks (just like before) and there is no monitoring, no service center, no background apps or whatever else that could potentially be disturbing.

Richard

:tu:

Richard_Synapse wrote:About activations:

Richard
Sorry, but I need to understand this point.
How do you distinguish a simultaneous activation, and how it is possible anyway to make two simultaneous one, from several others that can occur often due to breakdown and new machine in a short time period?
For example I want to buy it and install it on my business desktop and on my laptop, but in a couple of moths I'm going to a MacBook Pro or a new W10 ( I haven't decided yet...)
In order to be simultaneous you mean active, functional and alive on two machines right? So when I activate a third machine there going to be three active installation unless I kill one machine. But how I do that or how I communicate to your system that I have two new simultaneous installations and a killed one?
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

ATS wrote: Also I MUCH prefer a dongle over C/R.
I won't buy anything that requires a Dongle so different strokes for different folks. Legend's C/P is dead simple and unobtrusive so I'll take it over iLok or Service Centers or eLicensers or License Managers or......

The only issue now is there needs to be a way for the user to deactivate a license in the Synapse User Area so moving licenses will be self controlled.

Since Synapse is not going out of business the only other concern I can see is this new C/P method doesn't allow people to share their license with all their friends....or the internet. :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:
ATS wrote: Also I MUCH prefer a dongle over C/R.
I won't buy anything that requires a Dongle so different strokes for different folks. Legend's C/P is dead simple and unobtrusive so I'll take it over iLok or Service Centers or eLicensers or License Managers or......

The only issue now is there needs to be a way for the user to deactivate a license in the Synapse User Area so moving licenses will be self controlled.

Since Synapse is not going out of business the only other concern I can see is this new C/P method doesn't allow people to share their license with all their friends....or the internet. :wink:
Dongles don't last forever either. Same problem.
I think Synapse is a healthy business, so I don't worry much.
Just freedom to manage my setup to my convenience is my main issue.
Reformatting is mandatory for me twice a year.
I'm very happy for Richard and his outstanding synths.
Lets see what he can do in the C/R world as well. Maybe a smarter way of managing it better than competition.

This is a new C/P system for Synapse so there are bound to be some issues. Let's give Richard a chance to deal with those issues.

So if you were able to manually deactivate a license from your User Area at Synapse so you could reinstall it after a reformat would that address your concerns ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:This is a new C/P system for Synapse so there are bound to be some issues. Let's give Richard a chance to deal with those issues.

So if you were able to manually deactivate a license from your User Area at Synapse so you could reinstall it after a reformat would that address your concerns ?
Mostly yes because it will cover the most common issues of system restore and upgrading or buying a new machine.
That leaves room for a real problem such a hardware failure when you need to contact the developer in good faith.

Thanks for exploring the issue with me.

Ok let's see where it goes from here. Richard is a reasonable man so a solution is quite possible. :)

liquidsound wrote:Dongles don't last forever either. Same problem.
I think Synapse is a healthy business, so I don't worry much.
Just freedom to manage my setup to my convenience is my main issue.
Reformatting is mandatory for me twice a year.
I'm very happy for Richard and his outstanding synths.
Lets see what he can do in the C/R world as well. Maybe a smarter way of managing it better than competition.
You can reformat or change PCs twice a year and simply re-activate. You neither need to unregister anything, nor you need to contact us to be able to do this. We're very pedantic about copy protection, we perfectly understand why people hate dongles and certain C/R mechanisms and in some cases that's a reason for me too not to buy certain products. This is why we designed our activation extremely lightweight, you should never have to contact us, there is no background/tray apps or services running which could potentially slow down the system, etc.etc. :)

About going out of business, major technological changes that render the system unusable, catastrophic events etc. In such extreme cases we would simply publish a version that does not require any activation.

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

I appreciate you genuine response.
It was helpful and I hope for other users as well.
I will jump on board.

Return to “Instruments”