Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Legend

djanthonyw wrote:So it is C/R. :neutral: Passing on this then. If Dune 2's copy protection ends up going that way, I'll be sticking to the current version.
I got screwed with Blue 2 as well. I didn't realize Papen changed with that version.
I will not upgrade to Predator neither.

What happened to Richard?
Is U-he the last frontier when it comes to copy protection?
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

liquidsound wrote:
Teksonik wrote:Seems fair enough. :shrug:
Do you know if a deactivate feature is into planning at Synapse?
No I do not know. But I imagine if you contact Richard he will help you out.

Guys, it's a simple one click authorization, painless. I'm the most paranoid guy out there when it comes to copy protection but I don't have any problems with a single click. Unlike some other developers who shall remain nameless I trust Synapse Audio without hesitation. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I prefer to not rely on anyone when it comes to the ability of installing software on a new computer. I don't want to be asking every single developer for permission to install when it comes to software licenses which I've already purchased. If it ever comes down to a company going out of business, it has been proven time and time again that customers are left in the dust when it comes to authorizations, even though the software may still be able to functions properly otherwise.
You are currently reading my signature.

djanthonyw wrote:I prefer to not rely on anyone when it comes to the ability of installing software on a new computer. I don't want to be asking every single developer for permission to install when it comes to software licenses which I've already purchased.
You get two simultaneous authorizations. I think that's fair. Let's see what Richard says about deactivation and moving a license to a new computer. Maybe he'll set up a way to deactivate a license from the User Area at Synapse.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I don't think it's fair. I don't like begging software companies to use software which I've already purchased. If Synapse goes out of business, I'm sure the license servers are not going to continue running forever, just as with other examples of companies that have used C/R and are no more. It's ok though. At least I was able to see that it uses C/R before I purchased it, even though it was via a forum post instead of being clearly visible on the website.
You are currently reading my signature.

djanthonyw wrote:I don't think it's fair. I don't like begging software companies to use software which I've already purchased. If Synapse goes out of business, I'm sure the license servers are not going to continue running forever, just as with other examples of companies that have used C/R and are no more. It's ok though. At least I was able to see that it uses C/R before I purchased it, even though it was via a forum post instead of being clearly visible on the website.
Nowhere to be seen but here or in the manual.
It's almost better to use it via rewire.
I hope he'll revert to serial.

djanthonyw wrote:I don't think it's fair. I don't like begging software companies to use software which I've already purchased. If Synapse goes out of business, I'm sure the license servers are not going to continue running forever, just as with other examples of companies that have used C/R and are no more. It's ok though. At least I was able to see that it uses C/R before I purchased it, even though it was via a forum post instead of being clearly visible on the website.
Synapse has been around for at least 16 years I know of....Rich isn't going anywhere anytime soon but hey if you don't like the C/P then don't buy it. Too bad as The Legend is really a great sounding instrument. I'm sorry you won't be able to enjoy it as others are........ :shrug:

liquidsound wrote: Nowhere to be seen but here or in the manual.
Just out of curiosity how many authorizations do you need at one time ?

Anyway give Rich a chance to address the Copy Protection concerns and we'll see what happens.

Teksonik wrote:
liquidsound wrote: Nowhere to be seen but here or in the manual.
Just out of curiosity how many authorizations do you need at one time ?

Anyway give Rich a chance to address the Copy Protection concerns and we'll see what happens.
Two it's enough for my daily needs, laptop and office PC but I upgrade, reformat and change laptop at least every year (or two max) due to my activities. But beside my uncommon situation, it's not a good feeling knowing that if something happens to your machine, you depend upon the developer judgment of your situation which may or may not be honored for as may time is required by circumstances of unpredictable technology failures etc.
I didn't know Synapse is having abusive users behavior forcing such copy protection.
Sorry to hear this though. He's a very good developer with great products at fair price.

Yes indeed Rich is a good guy so lets see what he says about the situation. Perhaps there is a way to address everyone's concerns. :)

liquidsound wrote:
djanthonyw wrote:So it is C/R. :neutral: Passing on this then. If Dune 2's copy protection ends up going that way, I'll be sticking to the current version.
I got screwed with Blue 2 as well. I didn't realize Papen changed with that version.

actually discoDSP is much better than U-he because they don't use any at all.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

liquidsound wrote:

I don't have Blue(2) but I have Predator. There is activation/deactivation up to two and in the help icon it says:
RP_activation.png
So, if the activation/deactivation with the Legend is flexible as that, I believe it is fair. But, if it is like Focusrite plugins (finite activations, you use them just once!), I don't think it is fair really because computers breaks and OS's updates/reinstallations screw your computers licenses. It is nice to be able to control the activation/deactivation online (just login and start removing/registering).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

deleted
Last edited by replicant X on Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Each DAW has a different sound.

replicant X wrote:C/R totally sucks.
Let's support good company like Image Line,
GForce, U-He, Tone2, CWI, MuLab, AudioRealism, and TAL, and etc.
There is enough amount of good plugins that never required C/R.

I don't mind C/R where I can unregister a machine easily. But the type where you get 2 or 3 then have to beg for new ones are the worst. Also I MUCH prefer a dongle over C/R.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Its pretty simple. C/R is fine if the computer is registered in the cloud (on the dev's web site) so can be deactivated without using the original computer (such as BWS, S1, Photoshop etc). If you drive crashes you just log in and remove the computer and re-allocate the authorisation to a new or modified machine. Easy.
What I personally don't like is just 'X number of serials then your done' as I change computers/hardware like socks!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live+PUSH 3 Standalone, Reason, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Instruments”