New Slate fx !!!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FG-Stress Compressor Repeater Repeater (Slate Digital Edition) Verbsuite Classics

Is it a renewal or current running subscription plan, or new one? Because if it's not in the new bundle and not a renewal... then the listing might be correct. :shrug:
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

In all honesty, I think the Slate Bundle is very good value for money, and I think the plugs are all very high quality.
I wish he’d tone the marketing down a bit… Bu that’s just me.

Two reasons I’d never go ‘rental’ personally.

1) I own virtually everything he’s released (bar the new plugins). Of them, I’m only interested in the Destresssor. So there’s not a big incentive there (if you’ve loads of his stuff).
2) I like owning stuff and don’t want the hassles of a subscription.

But I can see why people would love the subscription. As long as I can still buy them too, all is happy days.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

I thought d16 Sigmund was supposed to be the ultimate delay. Now there is an ultimately more ultimate 'ultimate delay' out.

Robmobius wrote:2) I like owning stuff and don’t want the hassles of a subscription.
They can still be bought separately, once available. Slate made that clear since day 1, the current page however makes that a bit hard to... er... find.

VitaminD wrote:I thought d16 Sigmund was supposed to be the ultimate delay. Now there is an ultimately more ultimate 'ultimate delay' out.
Oh... so old VoS NastyDLA was not "ultimate" enough (albeit, limited to Windows). And there are still rumors (via Twitter *cough - another word for "hall of the slain" - cough*) that this (Slate/D16 Repeater) creation won't be the only delay release in the upcoming future

Marketing is magic! :tu:
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

rod_zero wrote:I know now what I don't like Slate stuff: Steven marketing style. Sorry to say it but now it reminds me of Trump "the greatest, tallest, longest, warmest, etc. plug in EVER" . I know Steven is a nice guy, just the marketing style gets on my nerves.
That marketing style helps employ a lot of people. #MAGA
audiosabre wrote:The new Slate website is like a religious experience :pray: :dog:

The subscription thing is cool and all, but being old school, I'd simply like lower prices on endless licenses. Monthly $49 deals on single products would entice me more than committing to a subscription. The subscription marketing reeks of pick up artists methods of sale with their 'get any woman to worship your penis' "courses".
I can't stop laughing at this post!!!!
Compyfox wrote:
VitaminD wrote:I thought d16 Sigmund was supposed to be the ultimate delay. Now there is an ultimately more ultimate 'ultimate delay' out.
Oh... so old VoS NastyDLA was not "ultimate" enough (albeit, limited to Windows). And there are still rumors (via Twitter *cough - another word for "hall of the slain" - cough*) that this (Slate/D16 Repeater) creation won't be the only delay release in the upcoming future

Indeed it is magic! I'll just stick with Echoboy...

Compyfox wrote:
Robmobius wrote:2) I like owning stuff and don’t want the hassles of a subscription.
They can still be bought separately, once available. Slate made that clear since day 1, the current page however makes that a bit hard to... er... find.
That's very true... In all fairness Slate did say that you could always buy the plugins. :tu:

The new website does not make things easy unless you want a subscription, but hopefully they will fix that (or at least make the buy button a tad more visible. I'm really looking forward to trying the Distressor tho'. :)
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

It's clear that outright purchasing is moving more into the background. The new subscription price great value for sure, and will only get better, but mentioned above, I'd prefer to built up a collection with $49 deals.

I'd be interested in Stress, but not sure I want to have to run it in VMR.

Compyfox wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:It's says the bundle includes "top third party plugins" but doesn't say what
It's been written here:
http://slatedigital.com/everything-bundle/#whatyouget
Yeah saw that but they are all Slate/Eiosis apart from the amp. I thought it included a nice reverb?

Compyfox wrote: Oh... so old VoS NastyDLA was not "ultimate" enough (albeit, limited to Windows). And there are still rumors (via Twitter *cough - another word for "hall of the slain" - cough*) that this (Slate/D16 Repeater) creation won't be the only delay release in the upcoming future

NastyDLA is great, but I downloaded the Sigmund demo, and it goes far far beyond any delay I've tried until now in the traditional sense. It's almost a synth without oscillators.

It looks as if Repeater will be able to do everything Sigmund can't, while Sigmund can do everything Repeater can't.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Compyfox wrote:Is it a renewal or current running subscription plan, or new one? Because if it's not in the new bundle and not a renewal... then the listing might be correct. :shrug:

As I mentioned earlier, I just moved to the new $14.99 plan and FG-X is still there.

aMUSEd wrote:
Compyfox wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:It's says the bundle includes "top third party plugins" but doesn't say what
It's been written here:
Yeah saw that but they are all Slate/Eiosis apart from the amp. I thought it included a nice reverb?
The Relab reverb is no longer included in the 14.99 plan. Those that had subscribed and already had the reverb have the option of continuing to pay 24.99 a month to keep the reverb.

Outright purchases of all plugins is still an option.

ImNotDedYet wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
Compyfox wrote:
It's been written here:
The Relab reverb is no longer included in the 14.99 plan. Those that had subscribed and already had the reverb have the option of continuing to pay 24.99 a month to keep the reverb.

Outright purchases of all plugins is still an option.
That's an excellent example of what's scary about the subscription plan. So you had an old mix that used the Relab plugin...now you either pay $10 a month in perpetuity to be able to open an unaltered version of that mix, or find another verb, or buy the plug outright from Relab. If you stop your $25 a month sub, you'll never be able to go back to getting the Relab plugin. What if other partners jump ship in the future too?

I don't fault folks who don't already own a ton of Slate plugins for going for the subscription, but I can see there being issues with third-party plugins coming and going from the bundles in the future. At least it looks like the new reverb and delay plugs are at least Slate branded, so hopefully Slate Digital owns the rights on them and it won't be an issue, but S-Gear is still a third-party plug as is the Eiosis stuff (though really can't see them jumping ship).

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: That's an excellent example of what's scary about the subscription plan. So you had an old mix that used the Relab plugin...now you either pay $10 a month in perpetuity to be able to open an unaltered version of that mix, or find another verb, or buy the plug outright from Relab.
Great point... I mean, they could lure you in and just keep creeping the prices up and up (not necessarily Slate, but anyone with subscription plan). And if they get the balance right - your stuck with it. Especially if all your mixes are using their products.

And I very much doubt that a subscription plan will remain the same for long. Case in point, SKY tv the subscription just goes up and up.

rhythmtechnologies wrote:
Synthetic Wav wrote:like many plugins, judging just from the video the transients don't pok like the distressor so probably "just" a decent emu. one of the few plugins that can have transients that punch like this is the mh mio comp
I dont want to question your hearing but up on the mains that transient response is as close as it gets. I personally felt the release time was a little off, with the hardware just bringing the tails out a little more.

But it is a video on youtube so who knows...
maybe yes but doubt it, what i find strange they have used the same loop as me there ..

viewtopic.php?p=6218518

why using this? they culdnt make their own loop? or they didn t have a distressor ? heeeeee strange.. but anyway in the slate i heard exaclty what i couldn t match with some plugs ,it s possible that it doesn t hit as hard as the real deal but would love to be wrong, also i m septical about the british mode and on all ratio.
Last edited by Synthetic Wav on Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:32 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Analog electronic drum samples (Free demo pack)
http://www.syntheticwav.com

Return to “Effects”