Searching for clipping plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

im not really that deep in electronics but i can hear difference betweene A and B.
its trick for one extra db of headroom, distortion in low end is hardly audible.

the signal flow:

maudio wrote:the signal flow:
Try insert a clipper instance on the HPF as well but without actually clipping, make sure they have the same oversampling....

...btw the track can be too hot... and if the input is +/- 0.0dB you most likely will get problems when summin it back to 0.0 db, especially when you boost the lower band 1 db... won't go into details but it always comes down to the material in of itself. If you are really lucky you may just need to find a more proper crossover frequency...although I doubt it.

...and you probably will need a brickwall clipper/limiter after that splitter either way, I'm pretty sure the setup will produce some phase in some form or another, hence the peaks overshoots.
Phase linear filters won't safe you from that when you start modify the bands differently..

There is a bunch of problems but one extra db is guaranteed.

DMG Audio Limitless will do this specifically :)

tried the new Karzog Kclip2 with extreme oversampling?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

My favorite plugin right now for Clipping is T-RackS Saturator X from IK Multimedia. It is very light on the CPU usage in comparison to other plugs they currently have. The Push Pull mode is what you would want to select for clipping.

from their site
Tube 1 - Push Pull
This mode produces classic tube saturation with odd harmonics added by the symmetrical clipping of the Push/Pull electronics. This creates a punchy distortion that can make everything sound warmer if used lightly or with an aggressive edge when pushed.
DJ brimLo

DJ | Artist | Producer

thanks to everyone.

i figured out why it is thinner after clipping the low end, actually while clipping the low end the amplitude is also clipped, so the volume of low end is actually softer.

extra db trick is useless it just puts some kind of low shelf on the stuff belove 250Hz.

plugin clippers are close to the real thing i think.

bye.

maudio wrote:@ Gamma-UT, im trying to clip just the low end below 250hz and combine that with non clipped part of the signal above 250hz.
If i clip with DAW on its master and than cut that signal at 250hz, combine it with clean end of the signal above 250hz sounds phatter than doing the same thing with "clipping plugin" .

and "cliponly" acts the same, i was wrong, sorry @bpblog.
You should just hit ClipOnly harder. I did design it so that you can beat it up without things getting too harsh. Don't split and recombine the signal or do anything like that, just mix hotter into ClipOnly, that's what it's for :D

It's possible you want something different and that's OK too, but it will give you something different from oversampling clippers that helps support bass: it controls entry into, and exit from, clips. In such a way that it'll give you slightly more energy on bass clips, and the high frizzy stuff will be suppressed a bit. You won't hear it unless you're really beating up ClipOnly with level, but again, that's what it's there for :D

thanks for the information jinxtigr.

https://www.kvraudio.com/plugins/newest

here is Kvr's search engine in case u didnt know
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

maudio wrote:thanks to everyone.

i figured out why it is thinner after clipping the low end, actually while clipping the low end the amplitude is also clipped, so the volume of low end is actually softer.

extra db trick is useless it just puts some kind of low shelf on the stuff belove 250Hz.

plugin clippers are close to the real thing i think.

bye.
Your limiter is the weak link in the chain if the bottom end is weak. Sounds like you're using a single band limiter. What DAW are you using? Limiter? How do you know your bottom end is weak...what kind of monitors are you using to gauge this? How long have you been mixing for?
...and the electron responded, "what wall?"

@realmarco thanks.

@Mathematics im making music for around 16 years.
Clipping of low end before final clipping stage works i think, a little bit of distortion on kick and bass before single band clipping gives a little bit of push downthere.
I personally dont see any other trick of going comercially loud without audible distortion?
Single band limiter softens low end more than single band clipping as I hear it.

Im open to suggestions.

DJbrimLo wrote:My favorite plugin right now for Clipping is T-RackS Saturator X from IK Multimedia. It is very light on the CPU usage in comparison to other plugs they currently have. The Push Pull mode is what you would want to select for clipping.

from their site
Tube 1 - Push Pull
This mode produces classic tube saturation with odd harmonics added by the symmetrical clipping of the Push/Pull electronics. This creates a punchy distortion that can make everything sound warmer if used lightly or with an aggressive edge when pushed.
Oh yeah... they also have an earlier plugin called Clipper that I don't mind either.

Return to “Effects”