Izotope releases Neutron: "A smarter way to mix"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Neutrino Neutron 3 Standard

soulone82 wrote:No, I don´t think so. But Alloy seems to...
Alloy has both multiband Gate and Transient-designer, it doesn't appear that Neutron has these things. If Neutron does not have these things then I don't think I like it as a replacement for Alloy!
T2 Icarus is a must. SonicCore SCOPE is the most. As heart of studio it has my vote, cause XITE-1 is all she wrote.

sounddesigner wrote:
Alloy has both multiband Gate and Transient-designer, it doesn't appear that Neutron has these things
If you look at the GUI you´ll see that Neutron features a transient shaper. According to several websites it is also capable of multiband processing.

The multiband gate in Alloy 2 is part of the dynamics, I guess it will be the same with Neutron.

sounddesigner wrote:Alloy has both multiband Gate and Transient-designer, it doesn't appear that Neutron has these things. If Neutron does not have these things then I don't think I like it as a replacement for Alloy!

Look again:

soulone82 wrote:
sounddesigner wrote:
Alloy has both multiband Gate and Transient-designer, it doesn't appear that Neutron has these things
If you look at the GUI you´ll see that Neutron features a transient shaper. According to several websites it is also capable of multiband processing.

The multiband gate in Alloy 2 is part of the dynamics, I guess it will be the same with Neutron.
Cool! That will work!
T2 Icarus is a must. SonicCore SCOPE is the most. As heart of studio it has my vote, cause XITE-1 is all she wrote.

Alloy has a limiter though too, I would have thought that would be essential in a channel strip.

Neutron has a limiter too.

All I can see is a very simple limiter on the levels but nothing you can control.

Where is this absence of Alloy 2 talked about? It's still here:

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/mix ... undle.html

macmuse wrote:Where is this absence of Alloy 2 talked about? It's still here:

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/mix ... undle.html
That's the old bundle.

aMUSEd wrote:All I can see is a very simple limiter on the levels but nothing you can control.
Alloy's limiter was also very simple. If you look closely at the Neutron interface you can see the parts belonging to the limiter:

- Adjustable ceiling
- 3 preset settings (for what I believe to be 3 predetermined attack and release settings; like on Final Mix)
- a drop down menu with selectable algorithms (like Ozone)

IMO that will be do it's job more than fine for a mixing tool.

soulone82 wrote:To me having the modules as separate plugins is huge.
It's a strange one with Izotope.. Individually their modules are really nothing special. So, having them as separate plugins makes me far less likely to use them. Their strength is based around the channel strip mentality.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

do_androids_dream wrote:
It's a strange one with Izotope.. Individually their modules are really nothing special.
You must be kidding!

:?

soulone82 wrote:
do_androids_dream wrote:
It's a strange one with Izotope.. Individually their modules are really nothing special.
You must be kidding!

:?
Just my opinion. When comparing individual parts to my other favoured plugins for various tasks they lose out. The only thing their products have going for them, for me, is the control they afford - extensive sidechaining capabilities. I've always felt that each of their products is a bundle of medicore plugins zipped up in a very nice interface.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

do_androids_dream wrote: Just my opinion. When comparing individual parts to my other favoured plugins for various tasks they lose out. The only thing their products have going for them, for me, is the control they afford - extensive sidechaining capabilities. I've always felt that each of their products is a bundle of medicore plugins zipped up in a very nice interface.
The Ozone 7 Maximizer, for example, does wonders!
Fernando (FMR)

Looks like this Neutron plugin has a couple new algorithms that Alloy doesn't have. The Transient designer in Neutron is a new algorithm wich I presume is a improvement over Alloy's and of course the new Spectral Shaping algorithm. Transient designer was the only algorithm that made Alloy not completely overlap Ozone and my main reason for having Alloy (Also the Gate once Ozone's was discontinued). Alloy's Transient designer was pretty good so I really look forward to hearing the new Transient Designer in Neutron since Izotope are pretty good at that type of effects.

The more I learn about Neutron the more I am digging it. The problem with traditional presets in plugins is that they don't usually fit your music and are at best a rough starting point generally, but Neutron analyzes your music and create presets corresponding better to the music info. I doubt i'll use often those tailored presets of Neutron but it does seem like a nice feature. Neutron appears to be a little innovative.

Overall Neutron looks like another winner from Izotope, I can't wait to here it to know just how good it really is. It apparently brings a couple new innovations and algorithms to the table plus the dynamic-eq wich is in other plugins of Izotope's.
Last edited by sounddesigner on Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”