Best price on Waves SSL4000 I ever saw!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SSL 4000 Collection

Apostate wrote:
antithesist wrote:People still make money doing music?
Hans Zimmer doesn't make money? Danny Elfman? Even some "essentially inconsequential" projects like mine make enough to at least (help) pay the rent for certain periods.

I'm not sure you thought that question through, unless you're just being sarcastic (in that case ha! :clown: ).
Yes, I was kidding... it's way harder than it used to be, though.

I meant "make a living."

Except for a few non-music/recording odd jobs in high school and college, I have (even back then I played in bands, etc.).

Anyway, I'll leave it at that.

Seriously... Zimmer and Elfman?
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

simon.a.billington wrote:Hans Zimmerman also has his own custom sampler which pretty much puts his own custom orchestra sample instruments at his finger tips.

It'll be interesting to know whether he uses that sampler for other instruments as well?!?

LOL... Yeah I realised my mistake after writing it, pretty sure it was autocorrect.

I was wondering if anyone else would pick up on it.

I meant Hans Zimmer of course.

LOL YEP, IT WAS AUTOCORRECT. It just tried to insert another Zimmerman above^

Not too sure who the other guy is, but I have the impression he is a WWII German

antithesist wrote:
Apostate wrote:
antithesist wrote:People still make money doing music?
Hans Zimmer doesn't make money? Danny Elfman? Even some "essentially inconsequential" projects like mine make enough to at least (help) pay the rent for certain periods.

I'm not sure you thought that question through, unless you're just being sarcastic (in that case ha! :clown: ).
Yes, I was kidding... it's way harder than it used to be, though.

I meant "make a living."

Seriously... Zimmer and Elfman?
Don't they make a living making music?

Anyhoo, no big deal. To be completely honest, the only time I make any significant (as in bill paying) money is when I first release a CD/set of mp3s (being that I'm an idiot who needs to tour to make more money). The first year or so is great, then the downward slope becomes progressively steeper. I think that fact is why a lot of musicians feel compelled to keep churning out basically the same album over and over...there's no demand and no time anyway to construct something more musically interesting, or divergent from there original template. The fact that I refuse to become a Product guarantees I'll never make a full living out of it. In other words, I'm a semi-professional, pretentious :clown: .

Anyhoo, did I say I love using the Waves? :party:
Ha ha suck it!

Of course, they make a living... hardly metrics for what I was implying, though.

But, rather than go on about music and recording careers being harder to achieve now, I'll just defer back to the topic.

I've decided not to go with the Waves SSL this time, either.

I would like to have one or both of the channels someday.

Simon: I think that guy was a nazi... first picture I came to searching for the name, though with an extra "n."

Ah right. Thought I'd seen the name before!!

Damn autocorrect, apparently it's seen that name before too!! LOL

They are BACK!!! this time with the SSL Bundle for $249. I strong recommend going thru a reseller. They typically have a lower price point and also accept the same or their own discount codes. Years later it is still my SSL emulation of choice. Their G-Master Buss Compressor goes head to head with Slate's. My personal opinion. I won't go into which parts about each that I prefer/dislike. They both are good. The fact that Waves offers Sidechain input makes for accurate creation of stems. Something easily over looked until the Label/Tour DJ comes blowing up your email for stems.
DJ brimLo

DJ | Artist | Producer

DJbrimLo wrote: Their G-Master Buss Compressor goes head to head with Slate's. My personal opinion. I won't go into which parts about each that I prefer/dislike. They both are good. The fact that Waves offers Sidechain input makes for accurate creation of stems. Something easily over looked until the Label/Tour DJ comes blowing up your email for stems.
Still nobody could explain me why sometimes "Bus" is written wrong, i.e. with two ss, as: "buss", allthough there are plenty of native speakers.
However, until there is a plausible explanation i stay with my presumption that sometimes people write it as "buss" to suggest that this sounds "fatter".
I bet that one day a company will release a busss compressor which is the fattest of them all.

Arrested Developer wrote:I bet that one day a company will release a busss compressor which is the fattest of them all.
THIS MADE MY DAY!!!! :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:
DJ brimLo

DJ | Artist | Producer

Arrested Developer wrote:<...>
Still nobody could explain me why sometimes "Bus" is written wrong, i.e. with two ss, as: "buss", allthough there are plenty of native speakers.
However, until there is a plausible explanation i stay with my presumption that sometimes people write it as "buss" to suggest that this sounds "fatter".
I bet that one day a company will release a busss compressor which is the fattest of them all.
Haha! Probably they try to distinguish it somehow from a vehicle ) Though dictionary says buss is another word for kiss :)
Win10 Cubase Pro 9.5

SSL collection

on Sale for 179,99 right now

http://everyplugin.com/ssl-4000-collection.html

i buy my plugins there, they beat every other store usually.( i said usually , not always)
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

Return to “Effects”