New Slate fx !!!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FG-Stress Compressor Repeater Repeater (Slate Digital Edition) Verbsuite Classics

Is the copy protection d16 C/R or Slate Pace?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

The new Slate website is like a religious experience :pray: :dog:

The subscription thing is cool and all, but being old school, I'd simply like lower prices on endless licenses. Monthly $49 deals on single products would entice me more than committing to a subscription. The subscription marketing reeks of pick up artists methods of sale with their 'get any woman to worship your penis' "courses".

As a VCC early bird, please don't push users like myself away, Steven 8)

Compyfox wrote:
don1thedon wrote:The Relab "bundle" will no longer be available to purchase but can be continued by those that already have it.
Dunno where you read that - but I guess that counts to "devil is in the details"
Over at a thread about AES at GS.
SS - " ... If you want to keep the Relab verb, then you will not lose it in your current plan. It is however not in new plans. ..."

electro wrote:Is the copy protection d16 C/R or Slate Pace?
Being available by D16, hoping the former.

Do not like iLok so much.

In before the hate mob, but since it's a Slate collaboration/project - iLok2
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

I certainly hope D16 offer their own system (simple keyfile) as an alternative - I can't imagine them wanting to piss of their own loyal customers like that (it would be the first D16 effect I wouldn't purchase).
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Compyfox wrote:In before the hate mob, but since it's a Slate collaboration/project - iLok2
If its part of the Slate Bundle its ilok 2, if its just from D16 as a purchase why would it be different from their existing system ?
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

It seems that FG-X is no longer in the list of everything bundle plugins. Is it discontinued?

webhamster wrote:It seems that FG-X is no longer in the list of everything bundle plugins. Is it discontinued?
It looks like it is included to me:

http://slatedigital.com/fg-x-mastering- ... gprocessor
A bit fried in the higher freqs

webhamster wrote:It seems that FG-X is no longer in the list of everything bundle plugins. Is it discontinued?
I just swapped from the old bundle to the new $14.99 one and it's still there. I just installed the latest versions etc.

God that website is almost as bad as the Tracktion one to navigate.

Yes I thought it would still be there, otherwise it would have been mentioned.
Still I do wonder if it is an oversight that it is not in the list, or a hint that the 2.0 update will take as long as Zebra 3 :)

It's says the bundle includes "top third party plugins" but doesn't say what

woodsdenis wrote:
Compyfox wrote:In before the hate mob, but since it's a Slate collaboration/project - iLok2
If its part of the Slate Bundle its ilok 2, if its just from D16 as a purchase why would it be different from their existing system ?
It's primarily Slate product, but a collaboration with D16 Group - so I assume iLok2 only. Why should there be two different CP schemes? One that can be easily cracked (and in fact is, read: serial), and the other one is not (iLok)...

However, the only people to really answer this (and clear the "rumors" once and for all) is Steven Slate, and D16 Group. Though I fear, the anti-USB CP scheme fraction might not like the answer.

FG-X is not discontinued "per se". FG-X2 has been announced/talked about for a couple of years at this point - albeit there is no sign of a usable version yet. Though agreed, it is not listed on the page currently - I just think it got overlooked. Or Slate Digital truncates for "more current versions" of their tools.

aMUSEd wrote:It's says the bundle includes "top third party plugins" but doesn't say what
It's been written here:
http://slatedigital.com/everything-bundle/#whatyouget
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Looks like an omission in error as it is listed in 'our plugins' and it's also shown on the iMac screen on the total bundle page.

Maybe the web designer had a terminal migraine before he proof read and clicked the publish button.

Return to “Effects”