Tangle: new modular FM synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Mangle

I suppose that Mr Widdershins will eventually learn the hard way that, no matter how ingenious the software, without reasonable responsiveness, success is likely to be elusive.

A pity, because they're both intriguing instruments and I'm a potential customer. I'll fiddle with the demos but I'm not going to send money into the void.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Spitfire31 wrote:I suppose that Mr Widdershins will eventually learn the hard way that, no matter how ingenious the software, without reasonable responsiveness, success is likely to be elusive.

A pity, because they're both intriguing instruments and I'm a potential customer. I'll fiddle with the demos but I'm not going to send money into the void.

/Joachim
I will.
The wild side has too much to offer.

nordickvr wrote:
Spitfire31 wrote:I suppose that Mr Widdershins will eventually learn the hard way that, no matter how ingenious the software, without reasonable responsiveness, success is likely to be elusive.

/Joachim
I will.
And there is the exact reason that developers think they are so important and can treat customers like piles of s**t.
Duh

bungle wrote:
nordickvr wrote:

/Joachim
I will.
And there is the exact reason that developers think they are so important and can treat customers like piles of s**t.
You'r really gifted knowing exact reasons of things.

nordickvr wrote:You'r really gifted knowing exact reasons of things.
bungle seems to be having a downer with one-man developers this week.

I noticed he's been giving his expert guidance to Mike Janney at Audiorealism as well.

Are you for real ?
I could not care less if a developer is one man or an entire army, if they make promises and do not deliver, or indeed take payment and do not deliver, they are idiots, and there is only one type of idiot bigger than them, the idiot who continually supports those developers and does not speak with their wallet, those idiots cause the very issue in the first place.
Duh

pottering wrote:
David wrote:Thanks…tried that to no avail—still can't save, goes through the motions but no file is created:(
But I can save settings with the DAW file (Logic); should that be possible with the demo version?
I on PC/WIN, but I found this comment on pg. 4, from UncleAge, maybe it helps you?

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 5#p6481741
Thanks a lot…but didn't help, sorry to say! I did notice that whenever I try to save in Tangle, a new file called Favorites.txt gets created deep in the bowels of, of all things, Alchemy! Unfortunately, it's always completely empty.

bungle wrote:Are you for real ?
I could not care less if a developer is one man or an entire army, if they make promises and do not deliver, or indeed take payment and do not deliver, they are idiots, and there is only one type of idiot bigger than them, the idiot who continually supports those developers and does not speak with their wallet, those idiots cause the very issue in the first place.
Lot of idiots in this post.
I'm definitely one on those, didn't know that wallets could actually talk.
Thanks for not being such an idiot, always in need for real smart people.
I prefer the ones who make great plugs though.

nordickvr wrote:
bungle wrote:Are you for real ?
Lot of idiots in this post.
I'm definitely one on those, didn't know that wallets could actually talk.
Thanks for not being such an idiot, always in need for real smart people.
I prefer the ones who make great plugs though.
Well said, sir.

Tried that synth, liked the interface but not the sound.

One that would love to see in VSTi is the Pulsar Modular P900.
That's the closest thing to a modular I've heard thus far.
According to the author, it's modeled after a "Mos-Lab system and a vintage 1973 Minimoog".
Right now only available for MacOS, but the port to VSTi is supposedly in the works.

http://www.pulsarmodular.com/products/

nordickvr wrote: didn't know that wallets could actually talk.
Don't ever complain ever about anything, you will do well in life and nothing bad will ever happen to you ;)
Duh

bungle wrote:
nordickvr wrote: didn't know that wallets could actually talk.
Don't ever complain ever about anything,...
Definitely doing it.
Try doing it where it counts IMHO.
bungle wrote: ;)
Looks like a typo ;)..

Happy to report that I just heard from Tom about my not-saving problem, a mere 5 days after writing him, and all is now well in my Tangle world.

Not exactly sure to what to attribute the fix, since his directions were simply to do what I'd already done several times:

"If you installed the new download but you're still in demo mode, it means the installer failed to overwrite the demo versions, which can happen due to permissions problems. Navigate to /Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/ and delete Tangle from the Components and VST folders. Then try reinstalling the full version. There are links below if you don't have the installer."

This time, however, I had just previously changed the Preset folder's permissions (they were read only)—thanks to a kind suggestion here from pottering which I didn't think had made any difference. I wonder now if that was the change that made the difference after all?

Thanks for all the replies, guys, even the super-heated ones:)
David

David, I'm glad to see you've got your problem sorted out.

The "folder's permissions" problem seems to come up a lot with Mac installations of plugins on my occasional meanderings through the KVR forums. Or is that just my imagination?

Super-heated? Barely reaching a slow simmer. :wink:

So, any update on this plugin?

Return to “Instruments”