New Sonar Platinum Update

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SONAR Platinum

fmr wrote:Not that I'm aware of...
"It dreamed itself along"

This annoying thing gets to me. Every time someone starts a thread here on KVR of something positive to say about Sonar, people have to come in and piss all over the thread. If Sonar is so bad, how come there are so many, many loyal users and a very active Cakewalk forum? Yes, I'm a very happy Sonar user and fanboi.
DB

whyterabbyt wrote:
sounddesigner wrote:I'm very surprised noone is talking about this latest Sonar update
what, in the lengthy 15 hours since it came out? :roll:

twatty kind of move making the load-balancing Platinum-only, though.

Sorry not following Sonar that much but if above is true then indeed it is twatty and i am not shocked that Sonar have so much haters now. It's like Avid. They upgrade program and enhance it but only most expensive version. Twatts..

can't wait to try out the new Sonar Platinum update tonight, along with the Maschine Jam that just arrived in the mail today. time moves too slowly today while here at work, and yet it will move too quickly once i get in my studio. time blows
my newest sounds:
https://soundcloud.com/the-das-kaput

Cakewalk by BandLab, Komplete 13, Maschine 2 (MKI & Jam), Fathom Synth, Guitars, Jam Origin MIDI Guitar, EXH Superego+ etc

kmonkey wrote:
i am not shocked that Sonar have so much haters now.
Actually Sonar only has about six haters or so. All of them are in KVR and most of them are Hibidy.

:clown:

JoseC. wrote:
kmonkey wrote:
i am not shocked that Sonar have so much haters now.
Actually Sonar only has about six haters or so. All of them are in KVR and most of them are Hibidy.

:clown:
Sounds about right. Dude needs to get a life.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

You're just proving my point. I made ONE f**king HARMLESS TRUTHFUL post and the trolls are trolling :lol:

I was referring to the "mention reaper" thread before me btw, so c off, kindly :)

kmonkey wrote: Sorry not following Sonar that much but if above is true then indeed it is twatty and i am not shocked that Sonar have so much haters now. It's like Avid. They upgrade program and enhance it but only most expensive version. Twatts..
Except that, when you buy this "most expensive" version, you get lifetime upgrades. And the price costs about the same as two years signature of Pro Tools (NOT Pro Tools|HD). There's a diference :borg:
Fernando (FMR)

incubus wrote:You're just proving my point. I made ONE f**king HARMLESS TRUTHFUL post and the trolls are trolling :lol:

I was referring to the "mention reaper" thread before me btw, so c off, kindly :)

Hey, you wrote this:
incubus wrote:
Sonar lost so many users over a variety of reasons, not sure if many (maybe 5 people?) care anymore.
So don't come now playing the victim. :roll:

JoseC. wrote:
incubus wrote:You're just proving my point. I made ONE f**king HARMLESS TRUTHFUL post and the trolls are trolling :lol:

Hey, you wrote this:
incubus wrote:
Sonar lost so many users over a variety of reasons, not sure if many (maybe 5 people?) care anymore.
So don't come now playing the victim. :roll:
Nobody's playing the victim. Sonar has lost A SHITLOAD of customers. Feel free to keep shooting the messenger. It was a completely valid entry.

And thanks again to all the assholes who keep calling my by my FORMER name. I really appreciate that, clearly just trolling me because of some childish reason. :)

incubus wrote:Sonar has lost A SHITLOAD of customers.
How do you know?

Sonar has lost A SHITLOAD of customers.
Not to stick my beak in, but nobody here could possibly know that. For all we know they gained 5 new customers for every person on KVR who says they "never look back".

All this stuff about the financial data of private companies, or how many customers they have at any given time, is pure speculation, nothing more.

LawrenceF wrote:
Sonar has lost A SHITLOAD of customers.
Not to stick my beak in, but nobody here could possibly know that. For all we know they gained 5 new customers for every person on KVR who says they "never look back".

All this stuff about the financial data of private companies, or how many customers they have at any given time, is pure speculation, nothing more.
I shouldn't feed the troll, but........since people are marching in unison.....

You've been here a long time. You've seen how few people talk about sonar, right? Not hard to figure out.

Again, keep shooting the messenger. My skin is PRETTY thick these days :)

No offense, but the only one trolling here is you. Somebody posts about a new update and (quite predictably) the daw you didn't like 5 years ago causes you to tell us how much it sucked for you in 2011... again. :)

Because "so few people talk about Sonar on KVR" is not a reliable measurement of anything. Few people talk about PT here but it's still in use in just about every major commercial studio, and on just about every Grammy winning record. KVR threads are not the benchmark for success for anything. :hihi:

Case in point, find me a Pyramix thread anywhere here, or a SSL daw thread. KVR is not the center of the music universe.

You seem to be the only person here regularly using the "troll" word, like you enjoy drama. Why not just let the people who like Sonar talk about the new features without hearing your 5 year old gripes for the 1000th time. :)

And... yet another good thread destroyed by people who can't just let their sleeping dogs lie. :lol:

incubus wrote: I was referring to the "mention reaper" thread before me btw, so c off, kindly :)
Don't you know that using Reaper leads to Reaper Madness? Don't let the Reaper addicts bother you.

For me, I have decided to put Sonar on the shelf for the time being until they get their support in order. I will continue to use my Cakewalk instruments because I like them. If you (KVR) don't, that's okay.

I am not just another Sonar hater. I have the same feelings toward PreSonus due to the poor support I received from them for Studio One on two different occasions -- one of them recently.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”