Do you still use 32 bit plugins?

Yes
68%
No
32%

Total votes: 306

RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't. But probably I'll be forced to do it again when Cell and/or Viper are released.

Is Jbridge anything reliable?
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote:Is Jbridge anything reliable?
In most cases yes. Get a demo, test for Yourself in Your own system.

recursive one wrote:I don't. But probably I'll be forced to do it again when Cell and/or Viper are released.

You're using Studio One 2, right? FWIW, you can install the 32-bit version alongside the 64-bit version. You just have to watch out, because, by default, it wants to install itself in the same folder as the 64-bit version, which, obviously isn't really what you want :) so you gotta set a separate installation path. It has its own settings folder then, but, as far as i could see, it uses the same track folder as the 64-bit version then.

chk071 wrote:
recursive one wrote:I don't. But probably I'll be forced to do it again when Cell and/or Viper are released.

You're using Studio One 2, right? FWIW, you can install the 32-bit version alongside the 64-bit version. You just have to watch out, because, by default, it wants to install itself in the same folder as the 64-bit version, which, obviously isn't really what you want :) so you gotta set a separate installation path. It has its own settings folder then, but, as far as i could see, it uses the same track folder as the 64-bit version then.
Yes, i do. Thanks for the tip, but meanwhile I'm also drooling over Avenger, about which Manuel said that it will not have an x32 verison. :?

I even thought about buying FL Studio as an alternative host, which afaik has a built-in bridge, but then it doesn't have a proper freeze and it would be pain to work with my Virus.

Fvcking 2016 and we are still unable to put things together :dog:

EDIT: I have REALLY poor memory for names :dog:
Last edited by recursive one on Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kumi_27 wrote:
recursive one wrote:Is Jbridge anything reliable?
In most cases yes. Get a demo, test for Yourself in Your own system.
Thanks, for some reason I keep forgetting that it has a demo :neutral:

Avenger won't have a 32-bit version? Well, that's interesting. :) First plugin i know which doesn't come in 32-bit then.

According to the man himself
msvs wrote: But what I really recommend is at least 12gb of RAM

furthermore what I can say, that we won't release a 32bit version any more. Its technically not feasible. 64bit only. VST, VST3, AU, AAX
The RAM requirements were then generously dropped to 8 GB tho ;)

As I've only got a X86 computer I still use 32 bit plugins, but even if I had a 64 bit computer I would still use 32 bit plugins. I've got some great 32 bit plugins especially from the 'Old VSTi plugins from the past thread' these plugins will be used by me for some time to come I reckon.

barrybitter wrote:As I've only got a X86 computer I still use 32 bit plugins, but even if I had a 64 bit computer I would still use 32 bit plugins. I've got some great 32 bit plugins especially from the 'Old VSTi plugins from the past thread' these plugins will be used by me for some time to come I reckon.
That's the thing. There's so much 32 bit plugins out there, a lot of them free, that's it's hard to pass. It wasn't like that for 16 bit as there weren't any plugins at all and most music software of the time aren't worthwhile (except maybe for some experimental music software like CrusherX-Live).

dunno Maybe redundant post

not everyone Constantly updates their DAW

I know People who are still on G5 Macs...when u find something rock Solid...why try to fix it ?

Most Plugins Already have 32 bit Version...why get Massive 64 bit when the 32 bit works fine

the only Point to 64bit is the plugin can access More RAM than before...which is only good for Samplers.

there is no point to 64bit for non-sample based Synths
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

SampleScience wrote:
barrybitter wrote:As I've only got a X86 computer I still use 32 bit plugins, but even if I had a 64 bit computer I would still use 32 bit plugins. I've got some great 32 bit plugins especially from the 'Old VSTi plugins from the past thread' these plugins will be used by me for some time to come I reckon.
That's the thing. There's so much 32 bit plugins out there, a lot of them free, that's it's hard to pass.
It probably depends on the stuff you use. I could only think of a handful of plugins which i'd really want to use which are still only available as 32-bit.

No 32 bit plugins here.
Alexander Lindo
Singer | Songwriter | Producer | Engineer
Apple Certified Pro | Pro Tools Certified Operator
Buy "The Real Truth" on iTunes & Amazon Music
Created using 100% renewable energy!
Find out more at: https://alexanderlindo.com

Use via jbridge a lot. (many of synthedit great plugs for example).

I have couple of VoS plugins that are just too awesome. Luckily 64 bit Reaper works great with 32 bit plugins! I'm not going to get any more 32-bit plugins though.

Yes, my laptop has only 4GB memory (which is enough for what I do anyway), so why bother to install only 64-bit software host/plugins then? :shrug:
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Return to “Instruments”