Kontakt 5.6 Free Update. Opinions?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Kontakt Kontakt Player

Elektronisch wrote:You have to load first the instrument and under the drop down menu you get option to "purge all"
Ah, there's the confusion. That just purges all from the individual instrument. We're talking about the Purge All Samples at the top menu bar, that purges an entire multi. Tis very much gone, sadly.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Art Noir wrote:I want the old full lenght colored keys back! :x :hail: :evil:
Compatibility my ass. It's all about usability!
There is a petition on the NI Kontakt forum, to return the old style. But at least, make the new color-keys optional. This won't happen unless enough people voice there preference for that "option". Please click "like" on the first post, so NI will take notice. Thanks.

Post is here:

https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... ng.309216/
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Huh, new key coloring is PITE* and new design is somewhat controversial... I appreciate KSP improvements, but I imagine a regular user may want to hold back on this update, just for GUI sake.
Is it just me, K5.6 takes some 8-10 seconds to load, while K5.5 opens instantly?

*) pain in the eye

Just found out a little surprise with 5.6. On Mac at least it's now 64-bit ONLY.

So if you've used Kontakt in any 32-bit hosts they can't find/load it now.

Just time-machined 5.5.2 back onto my system.
Image Image Image Image

Now the plugin version just disappears after a few days from Ableton vst list even though the dll is in the vst folder. I swear this shit is getting so old...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I had a little problem with sinergy x. Kontakt doesn' t see the library and I have to reinstallit manually. But ooohhhppp the next time the library is disappeared and the only way is to teinstall manually.
Back to 5.5.2, the issue now remains. Bohhh, i will try support hopefully...

Damn phone keyboard!!!

Anyone found a way to change the font or make it stand out more ? I'm straining my eyes to read in the browser. I'm sure I was able to alter the font or something in the previous version to make it easier to read..

Please give us old key coloring back.

Shabdahbriah wrote: The phenomena is not unlike this:
14344722_10207831876209604_3072502962632421560_n.jpg
That's an impressive illusion, one of the most impressive I've seen so far.

noiseboyuk wrote:I'll confess I'm getting a little concerned about NI. Although some of the scripting of their recent releases has been excellent, much of the software itself seems poorly thought out. Kontrol is still diabolical after 2 years. K 5.6 seems more notable for what it has taken away - a readable font and multi purging - than any tangible benefits. I can't think of a single benefit actually - some like the new UI, some don't, but no functionality is improved either way. OK, there are some scripting improvements, but oddly I think that's a bad thing, because some devs will shortly be releasing libraries that require 5.6, a worse product than 5.5. And finally Kontakt 6 appears to be having major problems of its own.

NI seem to have lost their mojo. What's going on over there in Berlin?
I've already said that Kontakt is an old, overpriced, mediocre and closed software with an unintuitive GUI and that there is a need for replacement. NI is the Apple of the music software industry. Cripple a little more your software to force users to upgrade to Kontakt 6. How much do you bet that the upgrade to K6 will be costly ?

There is a dire need for an open sampling format like MIDI is for events. Someone needs to step up for that.

lolilol1975 wrote:
Shabdahbriah wrote: The phenomena is not unlike this:
14344722_10207831876209604_3072502962632421560_n.jpg
That's an impressive illusion, one of the most impressive I've seen so far.
Most black dots I can see at once is four...

Opinioins on updates, for my use I see little change. But I can understand the purge removal being frustrating. Surely there's a workaround with a file deletion of xml file of sorts to purge?

lolilol1975 wrote:How much do you bet that the upgrade to K6 will be costly ?
Upgrade to K6 will be priced pretty much exactly like update to K5 was... That's fairly constant with NI.

Had problems with the max voice setting getting ignored, back on 5.5.2.
Why did i even bother updating, what a pita.

Tearing Riots wrote:Had problems with the max voice setting getting ignored, back on 5.5.2.
Why did i even bother updating, what a pita.
I have this too on Windows 10.
The voices are skyrocketing independently from the voice setting if the release is increased.I hope NI will fix this soon.
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

Return to “Instruments”