Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

EnGee wrote:
lolilol1975 wrote:Will this great looking product be marred by a PITA licensing and copy protection system ?
I think I've read that it will be with e-licenser (not sure only usb or with soft option). I already have this dongle and it is much much better than the soft e-licenser in everything! Anyway, I prefer it more than the iLok.
Except that if you lose or break the dongle, you'll have to buy a new one and it won't come free for sure. Plus it permanently occupies a USB slot.

lolilol1975 wrote:
EnGee wrote:
lolilol1975 wrote:Will this great looking product be marred by a PITA licensing and copy protection system ?
I think I've read that it will be with e-licenser (not sure only usb or with soft option). I already have this dongle and it is much much better than the soft e-licenser in everything! Anyway, I prefer it more than the iLok.
Except that if you lose or break the dongle, you'll have to buy a new one and it won't come free for sure. Plus it permanently occupies a USB slot.
I thought of that, so I bought a small USB hub that holds another USB (for Waves). It's very comfortable now to move from my desktop PC to the laptop (also I can add my Blofeld and audio interface if I want) :D

Edit:
This is my hub with two usb thumps and they are permanently there! When I want to use the laptop, I just take off the whole hub which is small enough to fit anywhere :)
e-licenser with the usb hub.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by EnGee on Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

My dongle juts out of my keyboard's USB port. Can live with that. :P

Actually, if they made it the small form factor, which common USB sticks come these days, i would complain even less. And if the build quality of the eLicenser dongles would be better. The plastic hull is very crappy.

msvs wrote:no, its a fixed spread, which we think sounds best. But however this is not so important, since this only defines, when in the dial position you reach a certain position of detune.
Thanks for info.

Can we expect granular synthesis as an update after first release? Than this synth would be all I have hoped and searched for...

Liero wrote:So, feature-wise, just to be clear, what does Avenger do/have that Falcon doesn't?

Don't mean to sound impertinent, just interested. The demos and presets sound and look great!
Workflow looks a lot better to me. No matter how much I try, I have real trouble navigating Falcon. I guess Alchemy has messed with my head and I have a hard time thinking in "layers" the way Falcon works. I really do not like it's workflow at all.. but I guess it's my own fault as well. Need to give it quite a few more hours.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

chk071 wrote:My dongle juts out of my keyboard's USB port. Can live with that. :P

Actually, if they made it the small form factor, which common USB sticks come these days, i would complain even less. And if the build quality of the eLicenser dongles would be better. The plastic hull is very crappy.
Dude, you gotta get one of the new elicensers. They are much better. I know exactly what you are talking about. They're shorter now and much sturdier. My old one had to be taped together because for no reason it split in half.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

bmanic wrote:No matter how much I try, I have real trouble navigating Falcon.
That's how I feel about Halion 5. Same here. I have to spend more time with it.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

another video... FFT Spectral Filter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9sVDopQO4k

The more I see videos about it and the more I think of it, the more "Zebra" by u-he comes to my mind.
I believe it is a semi modular synth like Zebra. You can make a very basic patch with just one osc and one filter and you can make a very complex one with mind/ear challenging routings and modulation.

So, it's as simple or as complex as you want. Very flexible synth indeed. But, the main difference IMO from other mega synths is the hints that is showing graphically everywhere with the main focus to make as all in one screen as possible.

The samples, I think of them as a lush bonus really. As a modern synth, I believe Avenger might be the highest in position than any other modern synth (not emulation).

Jesus, now it's an additive synthesizer with actually useful control set? :o Man, I'm impressed.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

msvs wrote:another video... FFT Spectral Filter

Wow!
I'm truly speechless!
:clap:

EnGee wrote:Very flexible synth indeed. But, the main difference IMO from other mega synths is the hints that is showing graphically everywhere with the main focus to make as all in one screen as possible.
This!

teacuemusic (Musicals)
youtube

msvs wrote:another video... FFT Spectral Filter

Great video!

Tip: The interval of five steps - in german I guess "Quinte" - is commonly called a "fifth" in english. Same thing with all the musical intervals really, the third, the seventh, with the exception of the octave and prime.

teacue wrote:
EnGee wrote:Very flexible synth indeed. But, the main difference IMO from other mega synths is the hints that is showing graphically everywhere with the main focus to make as all in one screen as possible.
This!

Indeed, the UI appears intuitive. It's not a construction set like Falcon.

Return to “Instruments”