Discovery Pro synthesizer 6.4 to 8.0

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ATS wrote:
sfd wrote:Aaah, the notorious update/upgrade game ! :-)

The software wasn't really as good as they said the first time you bought it.

I mean - if it was you wouldn't buy it more then once anyway.

So they came up with this idea - adding so called "improvements" and "new" features. Ever wondered what shiny knobs they won't let you have just this time? Stuff they save for the next "upgrade" :-p

Great - now they can continue to milk you for the rest of your life.

Discovery 7 ? Wow they've been able to sell you this thing seven times? lol

yeah im sure they added nothing all along and it took no work whatsoever :roll:
They do add stuff...a piece at the time...so you'll have the chance to buy it over and over again :-)

Whats the problem? So does Ableton, Native Instruments, and pretty much any company... (except a few ones)
Update fees are rather low and fair here, so no reason for the bitching.

jme-audio wrote:Whats the problem? So does Ableton, Native Instruments, and pretty much any company... (except a few ones)
Update fees are rather low and fair here, so no reason for the bitching.
Indeed they do :-)

Robmobius wrote:
jacqueslacouth wrote:OK, before all the moaning, whining bitches start, can you all just bite your tongues and not ruin a good thing?
No.
No. I see only one whining.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Hello,

Is there a comparsion chart for both version? (pro and classic?)

Good idea, I will make one asap at Discovery Pro page.

Ableton crashes when scanning Discovery classic or pro. (64bit, win 10)
Whats wrong?

George wrote:Good idea, I will make one asap at Discovery Pro page.
Nice, i always wondered about the differences. :)

There are quite a bit ones :)

In the meanwhile...

Hello George!

I read here that 7 will be free for 6.4 users as well? A few weeks back purchasing of the update (29€) was disabled in your shop now it's back again. I don't get the idea behind to be honest that's why I asked. Thank you in advance!
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Just wanted to report a weird bug I just discovered...uh, heh.

Discovery Pro 6.6 on Windows 10 64 bit, in Cubase 8.5 64 bit. Open a new project, load Discovery Pro into a rack, open GUI and select a sound. Works great. Change banks...channel no longer responds to any MIDI input. Midi still works on other tracks, but no MIDI signal is received on the Discovery Pro rack. Therefore, no sound, no notes recorded, no nothing. If you have recorded note data, Discovery Pro still does not respond.

Changing sound banks breaks MIDI as noted above. Help. I was starting a new project.

Jon

thejonsolo wrote:Just wanted to report a weird bug I just discovered...uh, heh.

Discovery Pro 6.6 on Windows 10 64 bit, in Cubase 8.5 64 bit. Open a new project, load Discovery Pro into a rack, open GUI and select a sound. Works great. Change banks...channel no longer responds to any MIDI input. Midi still works on other tracks, but no MIDI signal is received on the Discovery Pro rack. Therefore, no sound, no notes recorded, no nothing. If you have recorded note data, Discovery Pro still does not respond.

Changing sound banks breaks MIDI as noted above. Help. I was starting a new project.

Jon
Bump. I don't care if you are on SoundCloud. I care about this. Now I have evacuated Charleston thanks to Matthew. Don't make me evacuate Discovery on this project.

thejonsolo wrote:
thejonsolo wrote:Just wanted to report a weird bug I just discovered...uh, heh.

Jon
Bump. I don't care if you are on SoundCloud. I care about this. Now I have evacuated Charleston thanks to Matthew. Don't make me evacuate Discovery on this project.
All the Best, thejonsolo

Wishing you well! .:hug: :pray:

George wrote:7 will be free for 6.x customers.
mladi wrote:Hello George!

I read here that 7 will be free for 6.4 users as well? A few weeks back purchasing of the update (29€) was disabled in your shop now it's back again. I don't get the idea behind to be honest that's why I asked. Thank you in advance!
Still no response to my question. Because of the current 40% off sale (updates not included in the sale) i bump it again.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Return to “Instruments”