New Sonar Platinum Update

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SONAR Platinum

I'm very surprised noone is talking about this latest Sonar update, especially since it looks like the best update they've released in a very long time. This update is a Audio-Engine update wich includes improved plugin-load-balancing for added CPU efficiency and drop-out prevention. Improving plugin-load-balancing is huge IMB. Also around 60 bug-fixes. Below is a list of all the improvements and new features.

QUOTE " The SONAR 2016.09 update includes the following:

Plug-in Load Balancing

Expanded CPU Performance Meter Modes

Quick Group Freeze

Full Screen Toggle

Ready for Melodyne Essential 4.1

Softube Saturation Knob Update

Fixes and Enhancements

"
THE SONAR UPDATE YOUR CPU IS SMILING ABOUT

We are excited to announce that SONAR Platinum is the first DAW EVER to utilize Plug-in Load Balancing, a one-of-a-kind technology developed by none other than your friends at Cakewalk. We've also added CPU Meter Modes to this update so you can more carefully monitor what's going on inside your computer. Quick Group Freeze rounds off the CPU enhancements, allowing you to freeze multiple tracks at once, instantly giving your CPU a breather. Oh, and our programmers went on an absolute bug-squashing frenzy this month, fixing more than 55 issues. We hope this update makes you—and your CPU—smile. We highly recommend checking out this month's eZine or Knowledge Base article for more details.

PLUG-IN LOAD BALANCING

Evenly distribute your plug-in load for fewer dropouts and greater efficiency. " END QUOTE

This looks like a very meaty update and if the load-balancing is significantly improved this will be my favorite update in a very long time. Looks like Cakewalk put a lot of hard work into this update and are now coming with improvements to audio-engine wich IMO are improvements of substance rather than minor or frills and gimmicks like many past updates IMO.
Last edited by sounddesigner on Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
T2 Icarus is a must. SonicCore SCOPE is the most. As heart of studio it has my vote, cause XITE-1 is all she wrote.

So far so good here, although I've never pushed my i5 past 60-70% even with a lot of softsynths and processing going on. More efficiency is always welcome, anyway. I've really been very pleased with how their update schedule has been going.

sry for hijacking but remote computing has never mentioned these times, and it's working so great in Reaper which supports it by default so
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG4h_avVnAQ

hail to Reaper :D

"ReaMote is REAPER's network FX functionality. It allows you to have any FX chain in your project processed on a remote machine on your local network. This is very useful if you have a lot of CPU consuming effects and want to add more CPU power to your project without upgrading your main host's CPU."

working for me very nicely, I'm using a laptop + desktop pc together http://wiki.cockos.com/wiki/index.php/ReaMote
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Annoying Orange: "Hey pear (aka reaper)"

Pear: "Oh god"

Have no idea, but the doze version of DP was supposed to come up with some kinda CPU optimization, not sure if it ever did.

Sonar lost so many users over a variety of reasons, not sure if many (maybe 5 people?) care anymore.

sounddesigner wrote:I'm very surprised noone is talking about this latest Sonar update, especially since it looks like the best update they've released in a very long time. This update is a Audio-Engine update wich includes improved plugin-load-balancing for added CPU efficiency and drop-out prevention. Improving plugin-load-balancing is huge IMB. Also around 60 bug-fixes. Below is a list of all the improvements and new features.

QUOTE " The SONAR 2016.09 update includes the following:

Plug-in Load Balancing

Expanded CPU Performance Meter Modes

Quick Group Freeze
Full Screen Toggle

Ready for Melodyne Essential 4.1

Softube Saturation Knob Update

Fixes and Enhancements

"
THE SONAR UPDATE YOUR CPU IS SMILING ABOUT

We are excited to announce that SONAR Platinum is the first DAW EVER to utilize Plug-in Load Balancing, a one-of-a-kind technology developed by none other than your friends at Cakewalk. We've also added CPU Meter Modes to this update so you can more carefully monitor what's going on inside your computer. Quick Group Freeze rounds off the CPU enhancements, allowing you to freeze multiple tracks at once, instantly giving your CPU a breather. Oh, and our programmers went on an absolute bug-squashing frenzy this month, fixing more than 55 issues. We hope this update makes you—and your CPU—smile. We highly recommend checking out this month's eZine or Knowledge Base article for more details.

PLUG-IN LOAD BALANCING

Evenly distribute your plug-in load for fewer dropouts and greater efficiency. " END QUOTE

This looks like a very meaty update and if the load-balancing is significantly improved this will be my favorite update in a very long time. Looks like Cakewalk put a lot of hard work into this update and are now coming with improvements to audio-engine wich IMO are improvements of substance rather than minor or frills and gimmicks like many past updates IMO.
As you'll undoubtedly see, SONAR gets no love here on KVR. I don't know why (and no, I don't care to hear from Reaper or Ableton users), but as a SONAR user myself, I appreciate you posting this.

I'm sure many others would too--though KVR isn't a place where most would admit it.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

planetearth wrote:
I'm sure many others would too--though KVR isn't a place where most would admit it.
Are you suggesting the Sonar users here on KVR are in the closet?

I've been pretty open about being a Sonar user. The problem is that supporting voices get drown out by the loud and obnoxious haters.

I updated this computer earlier. Will update my studio tomorrow when I get in.

Mystic wrote:The problem is that supporting voices get drowned out by the loud and obnoxious haters.
Amen to this ^^^^^^^^^^
Same old people with the same old shite each and every thread. "X2 killed my baby - I'll never forgive it blah blah blah", "Sonar is unusable (but secretly I keep using it)".
It gets on my tits to be honest.

Grum.

incubus wrote:
Sonar lost so many users over a variety of reasons, not sure if many (maybe 5 people?) care anymore.
YOU seem to care very much, Hibidy, since you chime in in every Sonar thread. You are like the psycho stalker who follows the celebrity in a thriller movie. We now that you dated her when she was a teen, and that she left you because she is a slut, but come on, man, get over it and leave her alone. :dog:

sounddesigner wrote:I'm very surprised noone is talking about this latest Sonar update
what, in the lengthy 15 hours since it came out? :roll:

twatty kind of move making the load-balancing Platinum-only, though.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
sounddesigner wrote:I'm very surprised noone is talking about this latest Sonar update

Word of the week? :wink:

Grum.

Grumbleweed wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:

Word of the week? :wink:

Grum.
It certainly is...
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Might have to get in on this just to try the Mac beta

is there a mac beta to try yet?
"It dreamed itself along"

Not that I'm aware of...
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”