To the synthheads: Do you even use chorus' anymore?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I had hopes for Hornet's chorus, it looks good. But I think there is something wrong with its sound.

himalaya wrote:Without the chorus effect there would be no Arp Solina and countless other divide-down string synths. No Juno-6/60, since we all know that it's a chorus unit with a synth attached. :D
Yeah, but that one sounded good. :hihi:

I use it minimally on occasion for some synth patches, but I don't like heavy chorus on synths. A lot of my music has EPs, which I do like to soak in chorus sometimes, so I tend to go with no chorus or minimal chorus on other instruments. Too many instruments with chorus = instant sh!t mix.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Yep, Overloud VKFX and d16 Syntorus.

i've used Nomad Factory one's Years back and loved them(the only one's i actually liked back then...)
, i liked most of NF FX's really.... i need to try Nomad Factory FX's demo again :)

...coming to now... i think Icarus and Spire have nice ones too BUT the best one out there to me that i use all the time is Omnisphere Chorus Delay :) adding it before adding external FX is bliss

------> NF's Site ---- > DL -----> DEMO IT ---- >!?!? NO MORE GAS! PLZ NO!

Xils Chor'X I think is very very good.

/* static noise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

Chris-S wrote:IMHO Chorus is not completely replaceable by unison:

- Chorus does not consume synth voices (CPU)
- Chorus is modulated, unison mostly using a fixed detuning
- You can combine different chorus plugins with your synth
totally. what a stupid f'ing thread (no surprise considering the OP). the KVR Unison/Supersaw Brigade never disappoints.

if i'm ever in an overly cheery mood i know that i can always drop by KVR, check out some posts from the usual suspects, and slip back into the comfortable warmth of hating the human race.

:D

:o

Didn't know i was a member of the KVR unison/supersaw brigade, but, hey, whatever floats your boat, angry guy.

Sounds like a great person. Loving him already.

I use chorus. :tu:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

chk071 wrote::o

Didn't know i was a member of the KVR unison/supersaw brigade, but, hey, whatever floats your boat, angry guy.
Now, ..show us your warface. :ud:
--------------
Classic string patch needs chorus(-ensemble) i'd guess.
- WonderEcho -

Keyboardist. And chorus is and has always been my fav effect, although with the awesome access we all have these days to really excellent doubling I sometimes use that instead. That's really what I'm after anyways -- not some huge chorus of voices but the subtle-to-not-so-subtle thickening of whatever sound I'm using. And I always think of it and keep it distinctly separate from Leslie and vibe-type LFO doings.

As for type, most any decent one will do. I did like XIL's (IXL? XL whatever) chorus mentioned above but had issues running that with some DAWs and PC, so ... gone. It is an ancient product but sorta cool design. If I had access to nothing pricey, I'd be just FINE with TAL's beautiful little chorus off the U-NO-LX. It's perfect and top example of sound I'm after. I think it's button 2 or is it 3?

whyterabbyt wrote:My monosynth doesnt have unison you insensitive clod!
:lol: Modulate the detune amount! Quick!

I use it. I have a couple of chorus effects that are great and impart a character that would be impossible to get with detuning oscillators or with unison detune. I tend to use it on guitars a lot as well. I was a Stratocaster/Steinberger into a Roland JC-120 guy for a long time. I still love that chimey sound. It might be dated, but so am I.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

MarlaPodolski wrote:I'd be just FINE with TAL's beautiful little chorus off the U-NO-LX. It's perfect and top example of sound I'm after. I think it's button 2 or is it 3?
You can load u-no-lx on an effects track, it may be possible to use the chorus that way.

Return to “Effects”