MPC Software anyone?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MPC Software 1x

I'm thinking about shelling out some money to get a MPC Studio Black just so I can get the MPC Software to use with my samples & VSTs. Does anyone have any experience using the MPC with VSTs? How is the CPU usage compared to a regular DAW such as FLSttudio, Cubase or Reaper?
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

I got MPC Essentials as a freebie with a MIDI controller and I really like it. It can run standalone as a VST host or work as a VST in other hosts.

I've not noticed any CPU spikes or high usage.

EDIT: http://www.akaipro.com/kb/article/1520#three

What is the difference between MPC Software and MPC Essentials?

Most features are the same with the exception of the following:
  • MPC Essentials features 1 track, no track mix, no track sends; and can be run in multiple instances in a plugin host.
  • MPC Software (the full version) includes 128 tracks, a track mixer, track sends; and can be loaded just once in a plugin host.
  • MPC Essentials does not load legacy MPC program files.
Can MPC Essentials software run without an MPC Renaissance, MPC Studio or MPC Element hardware connected?

Yes! MPC Essentials can be run without any hardware connected. The only connection required with your hardware is when the software is unlocked. Otherwise, running, composing, saving and exporting will all function the same as when you have a controller attached.

MPC Touch user here. CPU is fine, on par with Studio One and others.
Dell desktop Win 10 /2012 MacBook Pro
Cubase Pro 10/Mixcraft 9

CPU is a little high compared to well optomized hosts, it is on par with resource hogs like Studio One and Maschine, workflow is OK but still reach for Maschine first.
Duh

bungle wrote:CPU is a little high compared to well optomized hosts, it is on par with resource hogs like Studio One and Maschine, workflow is OK but still reach for Maschine first.
I'm not sure what to make of you yet, mr. bungle. You're long on criticisms, but short on recommendations. There's around a $200 difference in price between MPC Studio and Maschine MK2. Are you coming from the perspective that money is no object?

Thanks guys. Studio One is a good comparison.

I just bought an MPD 218 as I seen one on sale & I think MPC Elements will be more beneficial for my use. I get to have the AKAI workflow and then I can use Reaper for the VSTs. Some of my VSTs are hungry boogers and I don't feel like going through the trouble to find out what needs to be optimized again, so for my uses, the 1 track for MPC Elements will be good enough.

It just sucks that it has only has 1 output.

telecharge wrote:
bungle wrote:CPU is a little high compared to well optomized hosts, it is on par with resource hogs like Studio One and Maschine, workflow is OK but still reach for Maschine first.
I'm not sure what to make of you yet, mr. bungle. You're long on criticisms, but short on recommendations. There's around a $200 difference in price between MPC Studio and Maschine MK2. Are you coming from the perspective that money is no object?
What ?
The post before mine compares to Studio One, a huge price difference, and you moan at me hahaha
Criticism, actually no, just stating facts, please point out where i didn't and we can go and compare with reality, reality is that MPC is a bit of a resource hog like Maschine and Studio One (Both well known for not being optomized very well, oh wait, is reality an issue here ? )
And yes i reach for Maschine first, my personal preference, OK.
Now, as for this garbage of $200 difference, why are you comparing MPC Studio to Maschine MK2, it compares with Maschine Mikro, which is cheaper isn't it ?
Maschine MK2 was in the same bracket as Ren or now the Touch, so again, is Reality an issue for you ?
Duh

bungle wrote:is Reality an issue for you ?
Yes!

telecharge wrote:
bungle wrote:is Reality an issue for you ?
Yes!
My kind of guy ;)
Duh

I use it as plugin in REAPER for drum programming with it's internal FX(the MPC software with the MPC Touch unit) and it's about 10% to 15% cpu usage on an i7 4770K 3.5Ghz cpu.

Hope this helps.
asd & qwerty

OP if you haven't done so already you can download and install the demo. It will audio timeout after 10 minutes. The demo also lets you save and load.

http://www.akaipro.com/microsites/mpcsoftware/
http://cdn.inmusicbrands.com/akai/LOTAR ... indows.zip
http://cdn.inmusicbrands.com/akai/LOTAR ... .1-Mac.zip

Thanks for that! I'm still waiting for my MPD to come in the mail, so a 10 minute demo would be most helpful. Though this is for the full MPC Software & not MPC elements... it gives a good basis of what's possible.

deleted
Last edited by replicant X on Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Each DAW has a different sound.

Can I use MPC sample packs without MPC software? It is so vintage I didn't event bother :shrug:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

deleted
Last edited by replicant X on Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Each DAW has a different sound.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”