Roland integra 7 and other sound modules I want (pros/cons) discussion

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bill45 wrote:Thanks K-Bee, The XV5080 is awesome, But, LCD, issue seems to be a problem
with many Roland synths of this era.The 5050 is supposed to have all the 5080 sounds, but, the Patch lists are different on the roland site.
I'd hate to pay $450 for a 5080 and have the lcd burn out.I hope this is not an issue with the integra 7.
Issues? I have no problems with mine (or my V-Synth Touch screen for that matter) -can it be be replaced.
Sounds weird if the two modules have the same patch list. After all, the 5050 was way cheaper than the 5080. I haven't looked into it but that the Roland page would be accurate makes most sense to me :wink:

On the features pages,it says all the sounds of the 5080.The waveforms match(1083).

Oh well. It must be then. Wonder if it sounds the same as well. If so, the 5050 makes the 5080 rather irrelevant? Apart from the 5080 being 128 voice.

bill45 wrote:Thanks K-Bee, The XV5080 is awesome, But, LCD, issue seems to be a problem
with many Roland synths of this era.The 5050 is supposed to have all the 5080 sounds, but, the Patch lists are different on the roland site.
I'd hate to pay $450 for a 5080 and have the lcd burn out.I hope this is not an issue with the integra 7.
Not just Roland, early Korgs also have this problem. The screen on my N364 is almost impossible to see now, which is a pity as it's a great workstation (basically a second generation M1 with realtime phrase sequencing).

The xv 5050 at guitar center is gone a used integra is gone.
They had a fantom xr,but the lcd burned out. I'm striking out.
The extra voices in the 5080 may be worth it! Love the sounds in that fantom xr,damn!

I found a fantom XR!!I'd like to add a motif rack ES or XS too!

Would it be over kill to have a fantom XR and a motif rack XS?
I'm liking the rock guitar stuff in the motif, some screaming feedback!!

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”