Eventide 2016 Stereo Room, free in September for Focusrite customers

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
2016 Stereo Room

Sim.Sky wrote:
Den* wrote:
sfd wrote:
sprnva wrote:Red is/was free for Scarlett owners anyway. Now it'll just be free for everyone else.
Cool - where can I get that freebie?

on previous page last post.
CM Mag next month..
Does anyone already know how these compare to the midnight suite?
They are similar, but I found EQ more smoother and wider on stereo sources. Midnight EQ is a bit more aggressive in the mids - hi mids. Compresor nulls with midnight comp in few cases.
However RED GUI is somehow bigger, and easy to dial in. I prefer RED series.

Den* wrote:They are similar, but I found EQ more smoother and wider on stereo sources. Midnight EQ is a bit more aggressive in the mids - hi mids. Compresor nulls with modnight comp in the few cases.
Many thanks for your answer :) I guess in that case I'll be looking forward to the next CM mag - haven't really used the midnight series since I got it, and one point was definitely the pretty small and fiddly GUI!

Also Red is activated with a serial number, not C/R as Midnight.

Sim.Sky wrote:
Den* wrote:They are similar, but I found EQ more smoother and wider on stereo sources. Midnight EQ is a bit more aggressive in the mids - hi mids. Compresor nulls with modnight comp in the few cases.
Many thanks for your answer :) I guess in that case I'll be looking forward to the next CM mag - haven't really used the midnight series since I got it, and one point was definitely the pretty small and fiddly GUI!

If you have Midnight Suite you have already RED plugins in your account.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/10790139-post187.html

Dave Gamble (DMGAudio) was involved in coding the Forte suite which was TDM only.
Midnight suite is rebadged Forte and released as VST/AU.

Can be had for £29.

Got excellent reviews.

Red Suite are not the same code apparently.

Theyre all based on the hardware ISA110 equaliser and ISA130 compressor.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Den* wrote:
sfd wrote:
sprnva wrote:Red is/was free for Scarlett owners anyway. Now it'll just be free for everyone else.
Cool - where can I get that freebie?

on previous page last post.
CM Mag next month..
I would still love to know ! :-)

What would you like to know?

Den* wrote:
Sim.Sky wrote:

If you have Midnight Suite you have already RED plugins in your account.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/10790139-post187.html
I don't. Or am i missing something here? I have registered Midnight Suite in my Focusrite account, but don't see the RED plugins.

Well, if you read the GearSlutz thread, you'll see that they're more or less the same.

Alright, if they're more or less the same,then it doesn't matter. I just thought the Red ones are a bit better. :)

Just a quick heads-up that the offer expires in a day. I just installed iLok on my computer and, guess what, it’s not that bad (yeah, more CPU for the same plugin, but, alas, we live in a world where a lot of people just do not have any respect whatsoever for software licenses). I plan to invest in a physical iLok dongle next paycheck, but, in the meantime, I have a license for Stereo Room 2016.
Last edited by caulixtla on Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sam Trenholme — Software developer, electronic musician — Listen to my music: http://caulixtla.com/music

caulixtla wrote:Just a quick heads-up that the offer expires in a day. I just installed iLok on my computer and, guess what, it’s not that bad
Never got the fuss about it. I like it better than eLicenser. I figure, as with many things, it's just bla, bla, bla, and also a bit of bla. If i hate something, and feel like it intrudes me, i rant about it on the net. And i even can take influence on others decisions too, and create angst. Awesome times.

I understand why people are offended by the idea of an iLok, but I recently had an experience at work where I had to tell a young co-worker they were using software in a way which violated its license. That experience made me realize why it is a lot of developers feel the need to use something like an iLok, so they can continue to be able to develop plugins instead of having to get a day job.
Sam Trenholme — Software developer, electronic musician — Listen to my music: http://caulixtla.com/music

TBH, i wouldn't know why, just because it's a third party app, it would be more "offending" than an "onboard" copy protection, which also takes CPU cycles, and may be as intrusive to your computer, see the one Lennardigital implemented in version 3 of Sylenth1, or the Tone2 thing. Or u-he's thing, which makes them even able to check whether someone who downloaded a warezed version bought a legitimate license after (yes, i know, how evil of me to say that).

I've been really happy with Eventide of late, FWIW.

Return to “Effects”