90s SKIN for Tyrell N6 V3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Chris-S wrote:
StudioDave wrote: I'd gladly pony up some $$ for this skin...
I'm in with some $ if we can arrange something. Did someone check if his email addr is still working?
I've PM'd the author, hopefully he's still on KVR.

Best,

dp

Hey everyone, thanks for your message Dave. I'm still around ;)

Yeah it was sad, GUI design was something I got into in big way. I loved doing it, ploughed hundreds of hours into it, learning 3D software etc.

I got some really nice feedback which spurred me on but I made a couple of threads; one asked if people were prepared to pay for this kind of work (no) and other basically asked if I was wasting my time, a few people said yes. I also sank some of my own money into putting a website up for everyone to download from and not one person even gave a dollar so I wasn't going to pay money to keep the server alive.

I'll have a route around and see if I can find the files, it was a few computers ago ;)

Hi, great you're still around... :)

Question on skin programming: How to change the colour and position of this label in the script file TyrellN6_v3.txt ?

(As an exercise I'm trying to "re-make" this design based on the screenshot which was posted here).

Chris-S wrote:Some suggestions for the BLUE skin:

- Correct the Osc 2 wave indicator (saw instead of tri)
- Show noise colors
- Correct position of chorus "Rate"
- Darken the Chorus on/off LED in off state

Sounds good, I'll toy with it this weekend and release an update. Couple other alignment issues I want to fix as well. This was mostly just a re color of the original with imperfections and all. I made new knobs and sliders which I think align a bit better.

scoobz wrote:Hey everyone, thanks for your message Dave. I'm still around ;)

Yeah it was sad, GUI design was something I got into in big way. I loved doing it, ploughed hundreds of hours into it, learning 3D software etc.

I got some really nice feedback which spurred me on but I made a couple of threads; one asked if people were prepared to pay for this kind of work (no) and other basically asked if I was wasting my time, a few people said yes. I also sank some of my own money into putting a website up for everyone to download from and not one person even gave a dollar so I wasn't going to pay money to keep the server alive.

I'll have a route around and see if I can find the files, it was a few computers ago ;)
Thanks Scoobz. You did an EXCELLENT job with this skin and all of your other skins as well (Flstudio). Much respect. If you'd put that skin back up it would be great. :D

I think some developers would really appreciate the style that you have. If you haven't already, maybe put in an offer to help recreate someone's GUI's that are not really up to par. No sense in letting all of your talent go unseen. It's defintiely iconic. :tu:
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

That Diva skin definitely looks great. I don't know how to get your skins up on this site: https://www.u-he.com/PatchLib/skins.html , or how to even access it from u-he_s website... but maybe that would be a good place for the skins?

-snip-
Last edited by Chris-S on Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chris-S wrote:Hi, great you're still around... :)

Question on skin programming: How to change the colour and position of this label in the script file TyrellN6_v3.txt ?

(As an exercise I'm trying to "re-make" this design based on the screenshot which was posted here).
This was a tricky one to locate. The color is TyrellGilb and the control for moving location is
CONTROL type='InfoDisplay' name='InfoDisplay 1511' bounds='403.00 20.00 288.00 46.00' parent='Pane 1683' layerMask='1'

At least this is in the skin I've been working on, not sure if it is the same across the skins, I've only looked at the one so far.

Updated Blue Edition.

Changes:
Aligned faders better to labels
Darkened chorus led light in off position
Replaced sine with saw on OSC2
Aligned LFO 1 rate
Adjusted positioning of preset and save buttons
Changed main display text color to a medium blue instead of the hard to read bright white

Screenie:

Link:
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share ... _link_copy

Thank's for the update. :tu:

Hi scoobz,
is it okay for you if I release my re-make of the Tyrell-Diva skin?

preview:

It is based on the screenshot which was posted here.

Changes:
- Added wave indicators
- Added noise color indicators
- Added amazona logo
- Change colour for the overdrive range of the mixer
- Removed label LCGGUI.COM (no longer online)

Chris-S wrote:Hi scoobz,
is it okay for you if I release my re-make of the Tyrell-Diva skin?

preview:

It is based on the screenshot which was posted here.

Changes:
- Added wave indicators
- Added noise color indicators
- Added amazona logo
- Change colour for the overdrive range of the mixer
- Removed label LCGGUI.COM (no longer online)
Looks great :clap:
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
Chris-S wrote:Hi scoobz,
is it okay for you if I release my re-make of the Tyrell-Diva skin? ...
Looks great :clap:
Sure does, but to my eyes the main font doesn't mix so well with the other elements. It's not bad - it makes me think of New York, I like New York - and it's not a showstopper issue.

We await the word from scoobz. :pray:

Best,

dp

Right, managed to find it on an old backup drive, this should be it:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=777 ... 9208525494

Here's a PP link if you're feeling generous ;)
paypal.me/LCGDesign

Enjoy!

Thanks. :tu:

Return to “Instruments”