Izotope releases Neutron: "A smarter way to mix"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Neutrino Neutron 3 Standard

I did not see this posted yet, but I found this on twitter:

If you go to twitter you can see a short teaser.
https://twitter.com/hashtag/smartermix
Last edited by stefangx on Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

my other modular synth is a bugbrand

So this is something between Ozone and Alloy?! :P but apparently "newer" and "smarter" ;)
I wonder about CPU consumption... (I remember being kinda shocked about how much the dynamic-eq in Ozone7 hogged)

3ee wrote:So this is something between Ozone and Alloy?! :P but apparently "newer" and "smarter" ;)
I wonder about CPU consumption... (I remember being kinda shocked about how much the dynamic-eq in Ozone7 hogged)
Probably a CPU annihilator. Instant meltdown.

Still.

I need all the help I can get. Mixing environment has gone from bad to impossible, plus I can barely hear anything over about 12 khz...

So either some kind of AI (no matter how simple) or super future gene therapy to fix my Cans :lol:

But then again I'd just crank it and ruin my hearing again, wouldn't I? :bang:

A competitor for IK's Lurssen?

Looks like Alloy 3 is no longer in the cards :neutral:

They'll probably let it die a slow death like iDrum.

EDIT: oh, wait.. It does look like many of Alloy's feautures are in this plugin. Then I don't get why they don't just call it Alloy 3? Maybe they don't want to offer current Alloy users an upgrade path? Or am I just being paranoid?
Last edited by LFO8 on Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

I don't think this is a replacement for Alloy, looks like the tech is completely different and based on spectral mastering techniques as in Neutrino - probably more a competitor for that Melda Spectral Mastering plugin (but with a much better gui).

Can't imagine it pulling me away from Ozone 7 Advanced but will wait and see.

MogwaiBoy wrote:Can't imagine it pulling me away from Ozone 7 Advanced but will wait and see.
It would be foolish of iZotope to release a product that was able to pull people away from Ozone. I think this is aimed at Alloy users. Even more so, I think this is Alloy 3 in disguise.

LFO8 wrote:I think this is Alloy 3 in disguise.
Seems so.

:?

LFO8 wrote: Maybe they don't want to offer current Alloy users an upgrade path? Or am I just being paranoid?
No... nooooo! It can't be! Nobody would do such a thing in a world filled with flowers and delicate baby farts, surely?

:party:

Here is some more info:
http://www.emusician.com/gear/1332/izot ... tron/59961
Neutron’s key features:
* Automatically detect different instruments - like vocals, dialogue, guitar, bass, and drums - and then apply the spectral shaping technology within Neutrino to provide subtle clarity and balance to each track.
* Get recommendations for optimal starting points using Track Assistant, including EQ nodes, compressor thresholds, saturation types, and multiband crossover points, so you can mix with confidence.
* Carve out sonic space with the revolutionary Masking Meter to help each instrument sit better in the mix.
* Create the perfect mix with five essential mixing processors integrated into one CPU-efficient channel strip, packed with both clean digital and warm vintage-flavored processing.
* Surround Support [Advanced Only] for audio post professionals that need to enhance the audio for picture experience.
* Individual plugins [Advanced Only] available for the Equalizer, Compressor, Transient Shaper, and Exciter

Pricing & Availability
Neutron and Neutron Advanced will be available October 5, 2016 at http://www.izotope.com/neutron and select retailers.

Once available, Neutron, Neutron Advanced, and the Music Production Bundle 2 will be on sale through October 31, 2016:
Neutron will be available for $199 USD (reg.$249) and 189 Euro (reg. 229 Euro)
Neutron Advanced will be available for $299 USD (reg. $349) and 270 Euro (reg. 325 Euro)
Music Production Bundle 2 will be available for $499 USD (reg. $699) and 459 Euro (reg. 645 Euro)
Upgrade pricing can be found on iZotope’s website, and owners of previous versions of Music Production Bundle can find their upgrade coupons in their iZotope accounts.

This sounds interesting:

http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home-pa ... o-we-think
The first is that Neutron can listen to a track and then advise you which bands of EQ to move to make a difference to the sound, it’s magic. The second is that it can listen to other tracks and then mask conflicting frequencies. I tried it on a vocal and piano and it was truly magic what it did, with zero phase or other nasty artefacts it cleaned up some of the mid range to help the vocal sit better. Now what’s even better is that it does it in such a subtle way that you can hardly notice it, until that is you bypass the plugins.

Return to “Effects”