New Funk/House/Breakbeat track

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys, check out my new track on soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/andow7000/andow- ... ure-is-now

Let me know what you think! :wink:

This has some great late '70s or early '80s dance vibes. It would have been perfect for one of my disco mixtapes. I can imagine people having a great time on the floor with this, both then and now. Nice groove and atmosphere.

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote:This has some great late '70s or early '80s dance vibes. It would have been perfect for one of my disco mixtapes. I can imagine people having a great time on the floor with this, both then and now. Nice groove and atmosphere.

Good work :)
Thanks seismic, I really appreciate the feedback! :)

Cool vibes, E-Piano Brass Sounds and Groove. Cool panning as well on the vibes. Great track! Feels to be beamed back to 1979 in a kinda modern style.

PeerVincent wrote:Cool vibes, E-Piano Brass Sounds and Groove. Cool panning as well on the vibes. Great track! Feels to be beamed back to 1979 in a kinda modern style.
Thanks! I think the panning you mean is a guitar panned to the left and a Rhodes to the right...

Grüße von Österreich nach Deutschland :D

funky, well produced stuff Sir!
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:funky, well produced stuff Sir!
Thanks again! Glad you like it! :tu:

Acid jazz :love:

Used to love this kind of music, and you've made a perfect track in that style, groovy and intelligent, I've really enjoyed it. :tu:
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Like it, Can imagine it on a Red Bull Show. Surf or Snowboarding. : ))

recursive one wrote:Acid jazz :love:

Used to love this kind of music, and you've made a perfect track in that style, groovy and intelligent, I've really enjoyed it. :tu:
Acid Jazz, never thought of it that way... :D
winkie00 wrote:Like it, Can imagine it on a Red Bull Show. Surf or Snowboarding. : ))
Is that good or bad? :lol:

Thanks guys!

Funky, groovy, sexy and immanently danceable.

Love the downtempo feel and the little builds ups and breaks.

How many of the loops are from libraries, records and how much is your own stuff?
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

himalaya wrote:Funky, groovy, sexy and immanently danceable.

Love the downtempo feel and the little builds ups and breaks.

How many of the loops are from libraries, records and how much is your own stuff?
Thank you too!
Well, I used a few samples all from one song. The short vocal sample might give a hint (the title of the track also does :wink: ).
Also the guitar sound that comes in at 0:34 and the horns at 1:09 are sampled, although heavily sliced...
I recorded everything else myself: Rhodes, Synthesizers, guitar, drums are programmed in Maschine.

Love it, as mentioned early 70's 80's vibe. The first few bars reminds me of Spillers - Groovejet track at a lower tempo.
Very well produced and balanced. Love the drums and use of the delay creating a nice distant crunchy vibe. Have you added some vinyl sounds to the whole mix, works well. Keep waiting for Stevie Wonder or Chic to start singing.
Great track.

MFXxx wrote:Love it, as mentioned early 70's 80's vibe. The first few bars reminds me of Spillers - Groovejet track at a lower tempo.
Very well produced and balanced. Love the drums and use of the delay creating a nice distant crunchy vibe. Have you added some vinyl sounds to the whole mix, works well. Keep waiting for Stevie Wonder or Chic to start singing.
Great track.
Thanks, appreciate it!
Well, the samples I mentioned earlier are from vinyl, so maybe that's the sound you are hearing.
And unfortunately Stevie was busy, so it's just instrumental.... :lol:

Return to “Music Cafe”