Best affordable slicing tool for multisample production

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm about to create quite a bunch of multisamples of recordings of various acoustic instruments (Kalimba-type, Drums..). I'm looking for the best tool to to this. My ideal workflow would look like this:

1. Load an audio file with all notes of an instrument played one after another (potentially noisy/bad quality recordings)
2. Invoke a command to auto-detect transients and slice lengths (=subsequent silence)
3. Walk through all slices (ideally with a key command), and give them names, ditch them, merge & adjust region markers
4. Optional: Audio processing (e.g. normalisation, volume control) for certain regions of the samples
5. Export all slices to individual audio files, according to their given names

Quite standard and simple, I believe. I've tried Audacity, but wasn't too happy with the region detection. It required too much individual tweaking, especially with noisy recordings. I'm pretty sure ReCycle can do the job, but it's expensive.

What are other options? Preferably both, good workflow/results and cheap/free. I guess every major DAW has similar functionality, but do the LE or entry versions still have?

Thanks for your help!

You'll probably have better luck in the Samplers forum.
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42

I would check Twisted wave if I where you.
It has a very fast and imo intuitive workflow when doing "simpler" edits.
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Crystalline Textures 3.

Probably Reaper, universal answer to most questions, but it really is good at this stuff.
Duh

For Windows?

Two that I can think of:

Bliss

TAL-Sampler

There's also the free Grace sampler, but I don't know if it has that functionality

Hope this helps.

I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

reeper

s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”