Can I Use Maschine As A Generic MIDI Controller?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm hoping that I can use my Maschine Mikro as a generic pad controller in Cubase to trigger things like the Cubase chord pads or the pads in Groove Agent?

I've read the manual and there is no information on setting up Maschine as a generic midi controller, and certainly none that is DAW specific.

I've been trying for several hours to simply assign Mashine pads to chord pads in Cubase and nothing that I try works.

Does anyone know if this can even be done or do I need to buy another, more generic pad controller from a different company for what I want to do?

Were you looking in the wrong manual doc? Have you tried the Controller Editor software?

Yes it an be used as a generic controller and you can snap into and out of maschine to generic by pressing key combinations depending upon which version of Maschine you have ... it is all explained here... https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... -MIDI-Mode

- Scotty

Carpenter wrote:I'm hoping that I can use my Maschine Mikro as a generic pad controller in Cubase to trigger things like the Cubase chord pads or the pads in Groove Agent?

I've read the manual and there is no information on setting up Maschine as a generic midi controller, and certainly none that is DAW specific.

I've been trying for several hours to simply assign Mashine pads to chord pads in Cubase and nothing that I try works.

Does anyone know if this can even be done or do I need to buy another, more generic pad controller from a different company for what I want to do?

I've been trying to do what might seem to be the exact opposite, i.e. trying to get the software to recognize my Nanopad 2 the same way it recognizes my Studio. To date, even after I load a kit, every pad triggers in a scale of one instrument instead of multiple instruments. And just like the OP, I have yet to find in the manuals or forums what I'm missing in getting that to work. At least without spending hours to setup.

Or is my best bet simply to buy a second hand Mikro without the software to control my home computer?

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”