KnobMan3D

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Though this is still a primitive prototype, now testing KnobMan3D, the 3D style knob designer.

http://g200kg.github.io/knobman3d/index.html

What a great idea ! Thanks for sharing this, I'm going to try it asap !

Good idea, it can be very useful. Good to have the help page for some of the parameters :)

Cool, will try this. Still using old knobman and skinman apps.

Wow, thanks. :tu:

How about fixing some JKnobMan bugs in the mean time? :)

* "Individual" export option doesn't work correctly with oversampling set to 2x or 4x.

* File names of "Individual" exported frames is not as it's stated in the help (which suggests filenames like image-0001.bmp, image-0002.bmp etc., but that doesn't happen, in reality, the names are image.bmp, image1.bmp, image2.bmp... the first frame doesn't get a number!) Ideally we should be able to decide how we want to name the exported frames (and also when importing them to the Image primitive as "multiframe").

Hi, it's been awhile.
I would like to make time to fix the oversampling export issue.

About file name issue, the help document is insufficient.

filenames are generated keeping specified suffix numbering format like:
image0.png => image0.png, image1.png, image2.png....
image0001.png => image0001.png, image0002.png, image0003.png...

and you can start from any number:
image12.png => image12.png, image13.png, image14.png...

in all case, the first file is that exactly you specified (this is next best thing for overwrite prompting).
then automatically suffix number from 1 is added if the specified filename has no suffix number.

Nice! It's appreciated, thanks

g200kg wrote:About file name issue, the help document is insufficient.

filenames are generated keeping specified suffix numbering format like:
image0.png => image0.png, image1.png, image2.png....
image0001.png => image0001.png, image0002.png, image0003.png...

and you can start from any number:
image12.png => image12.png, image13.png, image14.png...

in all case, the first file is that exactly you specified (this is next best thing for overwrite prompting).
then automatically suffix number from 1 is added if the specified filename has no suffix number.
OK thank you - this is helpful!

Is this same numbering behaviour valid for "multiframe" importing to Image primitive? So we could import only SOME frames, not all of them, according to the number in the filename?

On export download in knobman 3d happen nothing.
Where please, is the missing png file? In which form do you create your samples?

3D !! awesome thanks.
Also a million thanks for creating knobman in the first place, it must be nice to know your creation has helped put knobs on the front of so many GUI's. :clap:
Hypnagog (Experimental Electronica) |
Terrafractyl (Psytrance) |Kinematic Records (Label)

Terrafractyl wrote:[...] it must be nice to know your creation has helped put knobs on the front of so many GUI's. :clap:
There are always KNOBS in front of GUI's. :hihi:

Ooooh!!! "on the front"... oh, yes. Well that too.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Perhaps a bit late for the party, but i just tried knobman3D in the last few days. The shaping capability are still very limited and got some strange bugs here and there, but other than that it was great and usable. It's been awhile, but are you planning to add more features in near future? Please allow us to import a custom svg, more common save/load, and also please make the desktop version!

Thanks for creating such a useful softwares for us GUI/plugin designers.

I'd "thank you" for this wonderful tool! I use it for my first creations :) Thanks dude!
EvilDragon wrote:How about fixing some JKnobMan bugs in the mean time? :)
I want only to notice that JKnobMan (2d, standard) won't close clicking on the X on Windows 10 (neither on 7). I need to go on Task manager and kill it from there. Is it normal?

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”