1 Minute song: short, happy, simple.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi - Just seen that there is a music cafe here, so I wanted to share something.
I've always loved short songs. If you like it, you want more, if not you haven't wasted too much time!
Here's one. Acoustic, upbeat. Simple. That't it.Thanks for reading and listening.
https://soundcloud.com/jjmuirmusic/look ... in-the-sky

A pleasant ditty. I want more so I guess mission accomplished.

Yeah I guess so! Thanks for listening Frantz

Short, Happy, Simple. It should be longer. This could easily be made a 3 minute song, and it wouldn't outstay its welcome. Good job with the vocals and instrumentation. The mix was decent too.

Good work :)

awesome :)
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

seismic1 wrote:Short, Happy, Simple. It should be longer. This could easily be made a 3 minute song, and it wouldn't outstay its welcome. Good job with the vocals and instrumentation. The mix was decent too.

Good work :)
Thanks a lot for your thoughts.
I think in this age of distraction, shorter songs might have more chance of clinging onto people's paper-thin attention :hihi: and in any case they are much quicker to record and put together. Thanks again for taking the time.

A children's song telling the listener to look at the sun? How about a second verse telling the listener not to take it literally? Actually, that would be too late. Better put the warning in the first verse and move the existing verses to later in the song. Once you do that it should be more or less perfect.

skipscada wrote:A children's song telling the listener to look at the sun? How about a second verse telling the listener not to take it literally? Actually, that would be too late. Better put the warning in the first verse and move the existing verses to later in the song. Once you do that it should be more or less perfect.
Or even 'look at the sun in the sky when it's early or with dark sunglasses'!
I was thinking of sunrise when talked of looking at the sun not searing retinas at midday. My next track, fly like a bird, is going back to the drawing board...I just can't put good people at risk hehe
Also, a children's song...hmm? Suppose it could be but never mentioned that. Cheers

Like others have said, this could definitely be a longer song. It's welcome is by no means exhausted after 1:21. Also, it made me smile, so thank you for that! :)

Yes! Right on all counts.
Enjoyed!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Nice one.. a pleasant little song. sounds good

I really enjoy the simple vocal lyrics. I enjoyed the good vibes and I bet this would be perfect for a childrens song. Nice piano too!

Would love some feedback on my project in viewtopic.php?f=14&t=470708

It delivers what promised: short, happy, simple.
...and it ends with a well crafted piano melody.

A very nice bonsai-track: I won't change a note
:tu:

Cheers

Thanks for the comments and feedback - great community here. I am trying to listen to music here and pass on the same helpful comments. Anyone wanting feedback on their music, do feel free to PM me a link if you'd like. :tu:

Return to “Music Cafe”