Zynaptiq Morph

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Morph

zynaptiq wrote:
aMUSEd wrote: btw one thing that would really make it useful would be fast channel switching - maybe with the nuke button or one of the knobs?
Not sure what you mean by "fast channel switching"?
OK an example - at the moment I use the NUKE to control Zebra's 4 XY pads, each is linked to a different midi channel but to switch between them I have to open the NUKE4all gui and use my mouse to change channels - which is pretty slow if I am playing live. A faster way would be if I could use the NUKE button or a knob to do that without having to open the gui (eg either just add midi channel to the knob selector dropdown or make the button assignable to preset channel 'scenes').

edit - Or even a number on my QWERTY keyboard to switch channel would do.

zynaptiq wrote:Hey all,

MORPH 2.1.1 is out now! Took us a little longer as anticipated because some of our engineers have....erm...reproduced themselves rather than software issues ;-)
Fantastic - great to know this is still being worked on. Was worried it was going to be the case like some large organisations where they just buy the brand for the rights then dump it a little while later

Hello,
like to get a Nuke4all also, if it is possible.
Still having several Nukes here working with the VST.
best
jue
Located in the European Outback

Denis, that's great news about 2.3 coming along nicely... VST3 support will make this exceedingly easy to use (along with the MIDI learn included in 2.1.1).

I can't tell you how much I appreciate your attentiveness. I love this tool, and feel the algorithms make it worth the price. But, increased usability will make me far more likely to actively use it in productions where I have to think and move quickly, which is all-important in the real world. My dink-around-with-it time is increasingly limited these days, so the decision as to whether or not to incorporate something into my workflow often rests on how much of a distraction getting it set up will be. It's just the way it is, and I've stopped trying to fight it, as to do so often means to compromise the rest of a project, i.e. missing the forest for the trees.

I'd love to be able to spend hours on end just experimenting with sound design and making my own Max and Reaktor devices, but I just don't have that kind of time anymore. Anything a developer can do to make things move more quickly for me is HUGELY appreciated!

Thanks again. :)
"I don't need a signature, do I?"

The midi learn is awesome. I can now get my morph on by bouncing lemur balls around willy nilly like. Having revisited this with the melda morpher to compare with I must say that this is far more satisfying on complex material. Once vst3 is up and running I'll be using this almost exclusively for my morphing needs. Please make sure that the "no CPU with no audio passing through" feature of vst3 is implemented as it will make bouncing less necessary.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Can we have a hint on when we can expect the vst3 version of morph 2? Since the version number is allready know, this gives me hope that it will be available soon.

Will Wormhole be a VST3 release from the start?
AMD Ryzen 3900X & RX 5700XT, 128GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49 & MPD226, Steinberg UR44 & CMC controllers
Cubase Pro 13, Nuendo 13, Wavelab Pro 12, Dorico Pro 5, Rapid Composer v5, FL Studio 21

Hey guys,

quick update.

So, ADAPTIVERB and WORMHOLE will ship as VST 3 from the start, yes. Actually, I'm just about to press the RELEASE button on ADAPTIVERB. Which you guys will probably love as it can do some really, REALLY cool sound design stuff, like cross-filtering, making freeze-drones that don't sound grainy, warbly or looped (and which play without input & are stored with the preset - so it's also a SYNTH, basically), and a bunch more. And it sounds just plain awesome, if I may say so myself. If you're like me and dig Lanois, Fripp, Schnauss and MBV, you'll be puttin AV on all your sounds soon ;-)

In terms of MORPH, this means that we're now done doing our homework with VST 3 and have a product shipping in that format, so we can start updating all our plugins accordingly – MORPH 2.3 is up first, and is being worked on right now. I expect a first (internal) beta build early next week. There's not a *lot* we need to test about it, except that we'll have to verify that the sidechain/dual-mono handling makes sense for VST 3, of course. We're leaning towards doing it like with AU and AAX: a non-SC binary that is always dual mono, and a SC binary that is always dual stereo.

As soon as we have any glaring issues worked out, I'll let you guys know here so that anybody who wants to can jump in and try to break the beta :D

We've also started putting v2.5 and v3.0 on our radar, and the way it is shaping up is that v3 will probably be an even larger upgrade than v2 was to v1. We've received a whole bunch of emails with feature requests, and we LOVE that. Feel free to let us know what you'd like to see in MORPH down the road – while we can make no promises, inspiration is ALWAYS a good thing when making new stuff :D

Cheers,
Denis
Zynaptiq - Audio Software Based On Artificial Intelligence Technology, makers of PITCHMAP: Real-Time Polyphonic Pitch Correction And Mapping.

Today I bought Adaptiverb so whilst on the Zynaptic site I wanted to make sure I was fully up to date with my other purchases of theirs (Pitchmap and Morph) by loading them into Ableton (9.6.2 64bit Windows 10) and checking out the version number, however Morph 2.1.1 no longer seems to work in my DAW:

I tried reinstalling but with the same error remains, anyone else get the same problem ?

EDIT: Ahhh, seems like an ilok thing ... viewtopic.php?p=6535459

That's good news, Denis!

I am secretly hoping for a simultaneous release of Wormhole and Morph VST3.

Keep up the good work!
AMD Ryzen 3900X & RX 5700XT, 128GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49 & MPD226, Steinberg UR44 & CMC controllers
Cubase Pro 13, Nuendo 13, Wavelab Pro 12, Dorico Pro 5, Rapid Composer v5, FL Studio 21

zynaptiq wrote:Hey guys,

quick update.

So, ADAPTIVERB and WORMHOLE will ship as VST 3 from the start, yes. Actually, I'm just about to press the RELEASE button on ADAPTIVERB. Which you guys will probably love as it can do some really, REALLY cool sound design stuff, like cross-filtering, making freeze-drones that don't sound grainy, warbly or looped (and which play without input & are stored with the preset - so it's also a SYNTH, basically), and a bunch more. And it sounds just plain awesome, if I may say so myself. If you're like me and dig Lanois, Fripp, Schnauss and MBV, you'll be puttin AV on all your sounds soon ;-)

In terms of MORPH, this means that we're now done doing our homework with VST 3 and have a product shipping in that format, so we can start updating all our plugins accordingly – MORPH 2.3 is up first, and is being worked on right now. I expect a first (internal) beta build early next week. There's not a *lot* we need to test about it, except that we'll have to verify that the sidechain/dual-mono handling makes sense for VST 3, of course. We're leaning towards doing it like with AU and AAX: a non-SC binary that is always dual mono, and a SC binary that is always dual stereo.

As soon as we have any glaring issues worked out, I'll let you guys know here so that anybody who wants to can jump in and try to break the beta :D

We've also started putting v2.5 and v3.0 on our radar, and the way it is shaping up is that v3 will probably be an even larger upgrade than v2 was to v1. We've received a whole bunch of emails with feature requests, and we LOVE that. Feel free to let us know what you'd like to see in MORPH down the road – while we can make no promises, inspiration is ALWAYS a good thing when making new stuff :D

Cheers,
Denis
Sounds cool, but I hope the upgrade from 2-3 isnt as expensive as it was from 1-2. I'm also hoping it doesn't turn into an izotope paid upgrade every year kind of thing like rx did. :ud:

I'm sure that Zynaptiq's wonderful implementation of Adaptiverb will inspire them even more. That plugin is absolutely incredible and proves how innovative and profoundly musical software can be. The future is now.

Hm.

With an intense project coming up, I made my foray into several sample libraries, took a turn at sample library managers (jumping into Soundly for a month after feedback from Asbjoern @ asoundeffect.com and also walking through the majority of the list+ at viewtopic.php?p=4676394), and this evening ventured forth to the final bastion, a decent morphing utility.

And I am compelled to comment on the bitter and sometimes frothing nature of the wormwood inhabiting this thread in the form of ilok opinions, the well-meaning but ultimately demeaning pacification of interested potential, and vocal, customers through seemingly necessary-to-address one-off license trickery with no real commitment through policy change lasting possibly as long as Denis is with Zynaptiq (maybe longer, who really knows), and finally the recent PACE failure affecting paying customers, interrupting their workflow and livelihoods at the worst time (there's never a good time, or reason for that).

And I have to ask: What does it take, and why is it so difficult to be heard?

I cannot tell you how many tens-of-thousands of dollars I've invested for the hundreds of different products and companies with varying types of licensing arrangements I've dug into to have truly in-depth opportunities to figure out what works and what doesn't. The real cost? A degree and job that allowed me to afford to do so, and a balance for the precious opportunity to use them.

And the things that are solid? Yeah, those are the things that don't use manual-intervention-for-machine-transfer ilok licenses or single-machine-binding licenses. Things that don't force me to carry a dongle between my studio and laptop that, damn, running between dropping off children and work and everything else, I missed grabbing on the way out the door from my studio machine, so tonight when I finally get to my session where I don't have internet, I'm completely out of luck. Argh, damn the luck.

So Zynaptiq, Waves, others, what does it take? I'd *love* to use what you have. I love the Waves products I no longer use because I can't rely on them everywhere. So many other decent tools for what they are that never give me headaches because they implicitly understand and give me 2+ single-instance ilok licenses, or use another method that works all the time...and I'd love to include your product there, but I am not ready to go through that pain again, and you can fix that. You can hear your customers voices, and you can easily solve this problem that has literally *zero* impact on existing customers who want to retain their iloks - who could have beef with that, let them keep eating their cake.

But seriously, what does it take? Posting a receipt for a Melda Mmorph or FabFilter purchase? Bringing my laptop to have a beer with you at brewery with no internet so I can show you how things go when I can't use your product? Do good all-around guys solve this kind of problem when they have the opportunity?

Well, I've never had a beer with someone from Melda, but I've also never had one of their products disappoint me due to a licensing issue. What do you think it makes sense for all of those potential customers, including me, to do? All ears.

Thanks,
Mickey
Last edited by EnergyCrush on Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Well first you could start by learning to write the company name correctly, that would be a good start to be taken a bit more seriously :hihi:

This plugin is something I don't have yet, but suddenly need it :hihi:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Neon Breath wrote:Well first you could start by learning to write the company name correctly, that would be a good start to be taken a bit more seriously :hihi:
A matter of IC ? :D

Return to “Effects”