Korg M1 remap drums to GM for use with digital drums

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there an easy way ***program*** to remap the key assignment on computer side without editing patches or change the digital drum pads assignment. It is tedious to change back and forth between different configurations.

What I am looking for a simple application that can reroute the midi keys. Basicly i want to create custom set for my digital midi drums but where i reassign them to create custom sets with ethnic drums like congas, cowbell, bongo or simply make nonestandard hardware drumset follow GM etc.

One would think such a program reassigning digital drumpads on computer side should exist, i bought a cheap digital drum set, and it is possible i can reprogram the assigned keys for the pads, but then you will have to change back and forth it would be so much easier using midi thru to hardware module or VSTI software and basicly swap the notes that are sent out by the digitaldrums and create a GM compatible mididrum set file out of nonestandard hardware and software.

For example now i am using a Korg M1 hardware that do not follow GM drumset standard, i do not want to make a custom patch on the M1 it is tedious and next hardware it will be another procedure, and i do not want to reprogram the digital drumassignments because then i must change back an forth it is slow and tedious.

But is there such a program, where you can make a set of notes that is remapped on the fly, otherwise i know exactly how it should be done.
====================

The program register note "midiout from digital drums" when you hit the pad and hold the notevalue in memory, using a drop list that you can scroll with sounding "midi thru" using arrowskeyboard you stop at a key that will be the new assignment, and when you hit next pad the keyassignment you did before is saved/"swapped with the original", and then you chose again from the drop list... repeat until all pads done.

In the window a save button where you can save set as you reassigned them, maybe dmp for extension.
A simple note swap/key reassigment would be enough to easily change set, but maybe it is harder then it seem because it somehow need to change the note before it reach any hardware, DAW or standalone VSTI.

Is it feasible?
Or maybe there already is a program with such features?

I want it to be simple to create ***padassignments*** for your digital drums to create both "GM drumsets" and "custom drumsets like ethnic", out of nonestandard drumsets or change your working GM set into an ethnic for the pads, whether they are in hardware or software. And the easiest way must simply be to swap notes using a drop list and it can hardly cause any latency?

Best regards Jonas Thörnvall

Many DAW hosts have this feature. Logic transformer for example.
BFD have the possibility to re-map. I'm sure several others aswell.
Also (maybe not for you right now) the Roland TD drum modules have presets you can save different setups and recall them easily.

kvr forum search, midi mapper
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/search.ph ... mit=Search

kvr product database search, midi mapper

http://www.kvraudio.com/q.php?search=1& ... per&sh[]=s

Seems to be lots of products that should fit your bill. This one might do what you want.

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/midimap ... midikarval
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Bioethical Genome Modification.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”