Cubase Pro 8 Track Controls Not Showing Properly!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Pro 13

Here's a screenshot, I tried unin and rein-stalling Cubase. When I open "track control settings" I pick the standard preset, but nothing is happening.

Please help! I'll be super grateful!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ha ha suck it!

If you click where the buttons should be does it works as if they were there?

Maybe this sounds stupid but have you tried with the original color of cubase?

Jolaff wrote:If you click where the buttons should be does it works as if they were there?

You don't sound stupid at all. The buttons that are there work, except there are at least a couple important ones, including the "show instrument" button. Not good.
Ha ha suck it!

Apostate wrote:
Jolaff wrote:If you click where the buttons should be does it works as if they were there?

You don't sound stupid at all. The buttons that are there work, except there are at least a couple important ones, including the "show instrument" button. Not good.
I mean if you click where "show instrument" SHOULD be... does it show the instrument?

If you right click on any track and choose Track Controls Settings, you will be able to add/remove what you want. You can also reset it to the default.

Here is a snapshot of what I mean:
Cubase_Track_Controls_Settings.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thanks, but this is what's showing up on all the windows, audio, Midi, Instrument, etc.
Ha ha suck it!

It is Cubase rebelling against the pink :-)
I kid, I kid.

I am not on my PC now, but go to your Cubase preference folder.
There is a file in there called Defaults.xml, move that to the desktop and try restarting cubase please.

rso
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:It is Cubase rebelling against the pink :-)
I kid, I kid.

I am not on my PC now, but go to your Cubase preference folder.
There is a file in there called Defaults.xml, move that to the desktop and try restarting cubase please.

rso
lol! I'll give it a try, thanks.
Ha ha suck it!

Okay I found the folder, put defaults on my desktop, and found this dialog:

value="TrackControlsSettingsDialog"/>
<member name="Values">
<obj class="UPoint" name="Location" ID="460730192">
<int name="H" value="599"/>
<int name="V" value="203"/>
</obj>
</member>
</item>
<item>
<string name="Group"
Ha ha suck it!

When you restarted Cubase did it work?
I wanted Cubase to create a new Default.xml file which it should do if it doesn't find one in the correct folder.

rsp
sound sculptist

It did, but it was the same. I'm grateful for the help anyway!

I am investigating Safe mode now, hope something works.
Ha ha suck it!

What if you run it by right clicking the icon and choose Run as administrator?

Also did you try to update e-licenser and then run maintenance ...?

EnGee wrote:What if you run it by right clicking the icon and choose Run as administrator?

EnGee, thanks so much for trying to help, I'm super grateful. It turns out I had to go to close Cubase, go to user/Steinberg/Roaming App Data, take the default folder, put it on my desktop (so there wasn't a default folder in the App Data folder), and restart Cubase. Everything came back fine. Warning to folks doing this: make sure you save your color scheme, etc as a preset first. You also might have to reconfigure your device (I didn't).
Ha ha suck it!

Apostate wrote:
EnGee wrote:What if you run it by right clicking the icon and choose Run as administrator?

EnGee, thanks so much for trying to help, I'm super grateful. It turns out I had to go to close Cubase, go to user/Steinberg/Roaming App Data, take the default folder, put it on my desktop (so there wasn't a default folder in the App Data folder), and restart Cubase. Everything came back fine. Warning to folks doing this: make sure you save your color scheme, etc as a preset first. You also might have to reconfigure your device (I didn't).
This is good to know. Glad you could sort it out :tu:

It is one file in that folder that is responsible for your original issue. I thought it was the default.xml file..... but it might not have been.
By moving all the files out of the 'preferences' it forced it to rebuild which of course sadly removed all your preferences/customisations.
I always keep several backups almost every month of the whole folder for such instances.
It it wasn't the default.xml it may be the RAMPreset file in Presets.

If you already dumped your desktop file it may not be worth it for me to do so,
but if you haven't I can quickly check if it is indeed the default or the rampreset file responsible.......
Either way glad you got it sorted.

rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”