Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Legend

intro wrote:The Legend for Windows has also been updated to the version 1.06. This update fixes automation recording for Live and Bitwig under Windows: http://forum.synapse-audio.com/viewtopi ... 90#p114190
Cool to see quick bugfixes :tu:

Urs wrote:
Richard_Synapse wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:You must be doing something wrong. Im playing chord sequence of each chord containing 4 notes same type patch:

Diva - Devine Quality - Polyphonic Mode - Multicore On - 8%
The Legend - 8%
The Legend does not use multiple cores - DUNE 2 does, but not The Legend. Legend is vectorized using SSE, so it does not tax the other cores at all. Hence a comparison is only meaningful when turning off multi-core processing.

Richard
I've tried it today, and I agree. Legend is nicely CPU efficient in the unison/poly case. It also sounds great, so no compromise here.

Good times for fans of vintage synths. New levels are being reached.

Congratz Richard & Brok

- U (now off to the lab to figure out how they did it)
Well since I cannot spend my money on U-he products right now I guess I'll grab this thing asap... :D

Still waiting for a new U-he fix though... :hyper: I'll even take a new Zebra skin... :wink:

Richard_Synapse wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:You must be doing something wrong. Im playing chord sequence of each chord containing 4 notes same type patch:

Diva - Devine Quality - Polyphonic Mode - Multicore On - 8%
The Legend - 8%
The Legend does not use multiple cores - DUNE 2 does, but not The Legend. Legend is vectorized using SSE, so it does not tax the other cores at all. Hence a comparison is only meaningful when turning off multi-core processing.

Richard
But its meaningful if you compare side by side not as the end result. Right now as end result product Diva is less CPU demanding in Divine settings and Poly mode then Legend. I can run 16 instances of Diva and my CPU does not struggle, wheres The Legend with 16 instances in poly mode does struggle. I have a multicore CPU and it matters to me so so it would be using my machine properly :)

Tho i have to say even tho Diva isnt demanding in CPU but it certainly feels like, because of how the animation draws and how slow plugin loads in comparison to legend. I also noticed it takes more memory.

And because Dune 2 does has multicore support i view it as a very efficient plugin and with combination of great sound its one of my go to plugins :)

I wonder, will The Legend include multicore optimisation in future?

The Legend.
Mono CPU = 1.17%
Poly4 CPU = 2.01%

Diva in divine with about the same patch.
Mono CPU = 1.34%
Poly4 CPU = 4.59%
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Mutant wrote:The Legend.
Mono CPU = 1.17%
Poly4 CPU = 2.01%

Mono CPU = 1.34%
Poly4 CPU = 4.59%
Is that with synth fx off?

Urs wrote:I've tried it today, and I agree. Legend is nicely CPU efficient in the unison/poly case. It also sounds great, so no compromise here.

Good times for fans of vintage synths. New levels are being reached.

Congratz Richard & Brok

- U (now off to the lab to figure out how they did it)
Thanks Urs! I should add it was the great Diva as well as your work on ZDF that got us interested in the "precise" kind of analog/circuit modeling in the first place. :)

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

AnX wrote:
Mutant wrote:The Legend.
Mono CPU = 1.17%
Poly4 CPU = 2.01%

Mono CPU = 1.34%
Poly4 CPU = 4.59%
Is that with synth fx off?
No FX section engaged on both.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

wrong time for feature requests perhaps...

The Legend needs a legendary delay like the mf 104 bbd delay! :hail:
The average bored guy

I spent a little more time with Legend this morning and I have to say that this thing is F'ing fantastic!!! I fired up my Voyager and to my ears it sounds just as sweet.....of course the Voyager is soooo much more fun to play with though. :) I absolutely LOVE the Cinematic Strings patch. I played some Blade Runner with it an it sounded lovely! The FX are quite good on the Legend also. Synapse Audio really did a stellar job with Legend, so now I'm hoping they do a 16-voice Oberheim next! U-he and now Synapse Audio are my two favorite Devs for software Analog. :tu:

Cool !

Glad to read your positive feedback about 'The Legend'.

It's on my to buy list, hopefully soon.

I haven't seen much user demos of the Legend posted yet, looking forward to that hear some of that as well.

im a cheaphead. is there no intro price?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Muziksculp wrote:
I haven't seen much user demos of the Legend posted yet, looking forward to that hear some of that as well.
http://forum.synapse-audio.com/viewtopi ... =0#p114181

I hate that synth - because after playing around with it for a while, the other stuff I have sounds so lame in comparison :P

Indeed.
Last edited by Yorrrrrr on Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Caine123 wrote:im a cheaphead. is there no intro price?
it's a steal already. a storable, total recall and full fledged minimoog on steroids, as often as your cpu can handle. for the price tag of a good partynight. more than a fair thing, don'tcha think? :wink:
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

Return to “Instruments”