Good steel string acoustic guitar Kontakt/VSTi?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sea wrote:
BBFG# wrote:Sunbird is the one that requires iLok...
Forget that.
From what I understand you can authorize it without an iLok.

Their website states:
You can register your library to your computer or to an iLok key. All of our libraries are protected with the iLok system, and you can use our libraries with or without an iLok usb key. Both V1 and V2 iLok usb keys are working with our products. To authorize your library, you will need to download the iLok authorization manager from here: https://www.ilok.com/ilm.html and simply authorize your iLok key or your computer to use the library.
However I have an iLok for my Slates VCC if need be.
That would be the PACE intrusion software.
The key dongle is only part of the problem.
The bigger problem is the software behind it.
So no, it's not worth it to me.

Cimbasso wrote:
Ah_Dziz wrote:Orange tree evolution, Ilya efimov, and vir2 acou6tics ( or wherever that six goes) are the industry leaders to me at the moment.

I've used the ots guitar the most and love it, but judging by how awesome the nylon guitar from efimov is their steel string is probably the jam as well. I don't particularly like vir2 as a company but have friends who swear by all their guitar libraries.

JJ
Ample Guitar guitars (especially Martin) are better than all of those IMO.
Neat. I had never heard of them until your post. Seems like a pretty well executed product especially its handling of strumming and chord selection (which is kind of the same as the way musiclab real guitar did it). To be as nice sounding as it is somehow it had the worst sounding bends I've ever heard in a newer library. Between that and I've never had luck with any sample players outside of Vsl and kontakt they aren't something I would ever consider. Thanks for the heads up though.

JJ
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

After Greg updates the Evolution guitar engine, OTS guitars will once again climb to the top, IMO. Not that they aren't top already :)

Well, again, 'best' is at best, subjective.
Likewise for being on 'top' (except maybe in market share sales).

The only thing that ever put OTS near the bottom of my list was the self appointed shill slamming the competition. I also find the samples good, but not necessarily as the guitars they intend to emulate.
Like I said, subjective, but in no way bad or best. And the only ones of all the ones listed in this thread that I wouldn't own - has nothing to do with the instrument/sample itself, but the employing of certain ideas coupled with them.

Indiginus, Vir2, Real Guitar, Hephaestus, Ample Guitar, Orange Tree all seem worthwhile of owning.
(I currently own sets from three of those). All good for what they do, and all unique enough to have a place somewhere.

But some of my best 'guitars' haven't been guitars at all.

OrangeTreeSamples Evolution Acoustic Guitar rules them all. The Ample newcomer still has too brittle highs. The EAG Steel String from OTS just sounds like a magnificent Martin, warm and full. Even my five hardware acoustic guitars respectfully bow their heads.
Greg, you rock :tu:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K504i-vsQO8

Also IK multimedia American Acoustic guitar

I feel very lucky that the interface for the Prominy Hummingbird is making me nauseous. As a Kontakt Guitar junkie, even the pre-order price of $225 (which ends tomorrow) wasn't an impossible hurdle - but added to the 40 GIG sample size, I thought twice. Then I realized what I'd be seeing on my screen. I have been spared. It's a wonderful sound, but I'm pretty covered in that area, with interfaces that are far more conducive to long sessions. I hope others don't feel as I do and they do a great business.

I was browsing this topic to figure out what library should I buy now in 2017 to get a decent acoustic guitar for KoNTAKT (I have no such lib currently).
I saw the current promo of pettinhouse - all their sample libs for 99$... On the other hand I like the demos of OTS Evolution Steel, I think I will wait for their promo period.

I'm lucky to read this topic, because I was simply unaware of Realguitar midi out feature.
This + a simple kontakt guitar is much more realistic :)

Return to “Instruments”