Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Will Avanger support Multicore and VST3?

msvs wrote:
-Polyphonic aftertouch?
no at the moment not, we dont know a host which would support that, since Aftertouch is a MIDI CC
Actually it's a note expression (key pressure). I didn't know any hosts didn't support it. Actually I think Ableton doesn't but I think that's rare. I know Cubase, Logic and Bitwig do. And I'd be very surprised if the other major DAWs didn't.

All vengeance plugins are vst3.
AMD Ryzen 3900X & RX 5700XT, 128GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49 & MPD226, Steinberg UR44 & CMC controllers
Cubase Pro 13, Nuendo 13, Wavelab Pro 12, Dorico Pro 5, Rapid Composer v5, FL Studio 21

Now that is a pretty convincing demo. This synth is hugely capable indeed.

Like Spire and Nexus had a baby. If it's sold at around $180, it will be a huge hit. I can already see presets selling by the thousands.
In that regard, I find the preset browser disappointingly basic, as usual: a few categories, and then one has to browse for hours to find a preset. It's okay with a few hundreds of presets, but with thousands, it becomes very tedious. It would be nice if the preset browser was a bit more sophisticated.
Last edited by lolilol1975 on Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

lolilol1975 wrote:Now that is a pretty convincing demo. This synth is hugely capable indeed.

Like Spire and Nexus had a baby. If it's sold at around $180, it will be a huge hit. I can already see presets selling by the thousands.
Actually, when i watched the demonstration video, i thought that this could become the perfect replacement for the Nexus + Sylenth1 combination so many of the pros seem to use. Seems like the ultimate workstation for the kind of genres presented in the video. And, as i wrote, well-tailored presets, which should be important for many.

In that regard, I find the preset browser disappointingly basic, as usual: a few categories, and then one has to browse for hours to find a preset. It's okay with a few hundreds of presets, but with thousands, it becomes very tedious. It would be nice if the preset browser was a bit more sophisticated.
wait until you see the SEARCH page (the tiny magnifying glass symbol above the browser) (I'll show it in a seperate video)

you can search for Tags in our Tag cloud (for example, bright, plucky, and house)
or for text strings (for example if you enter "power" it shows all presets with a "...power..." in the name
or you can additionally search for categories.
The results are displayed in realtime

you can also combine all 3 search masks:
search for all bright / plucky / House sounds with a "power" in the name and which are ARPeggios

Not sure if this has been asked before .... but will there be any 'crossgrade' pricing for Nexus owners ?

no Nexus is a product of reFX, Avenger is a product of Vengeance. Different persons involved. sorry :?

How about some demos of some more experimental sounds? :tu:

it sure sounds great on paper and in demos. The GUI looks pretty, but after watching 1 and half hour i must say despite GUI looking pretty it sure still looks very very complex and hard on eyes. Its quite a turn off for me. I prefer tabbed interface when it comes to such complexity.

lolilol1975 wrote:Now that is a pretty convincing demo. This synth is hugely capable indeed.

I think your dreaming that it will only cost $180
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Has anyone else noticed the CPU meter top right of the main header, seems quite reasonable IF accurate and of course if it isn't being run on a crazy hi specced machine.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

So.....this will become interesting.....I imagine this must be a competitor to Nexus soundwise...at the very least same quality presets and just way more flexible....hmmm..isn't msvs financially connected to refx as well?
rsp
sound sculptist

msvs wrote: wait until you see the SEARCH page (the tiny magnifying glass symbol above the browser) (I'll show it in a seperate video)
Ah nice.

Return to “Instruments”